Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Offesnive to the hygenically challenged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_only_mode
Adjusting saturation and hue
These must be the display device in the Blue Only mode enable. If this is not possible, you can - as mentioned above - rely on blue filter screens.

* First, to set the saturation. These changes to the value in the menu until the colored bars to show seamlessly, with the same brightness and no apparent difference in the reference areas or below the color bar.
* If the color bars are not different from the reference surfaces, is the saturation set correctly.
* The next one is now the color correctly.
Often raise individual colored areas is still subject to the reference areas, or individual colored bars - which actually would appear to be dark - too bright, stand out from the reference surfaces. This is particularly frequent the bars cyan and magenta, with less than but also the green color bar. In this case, the color is so long in the menu, adjust until these color bars are perfect and show no apparent difference in the reference area. In the links to find more detailed instructions.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
The Democrats have also had a candy desk since at least 1985.[16] A rolltop desk located on the front wall, belonging to the United States Senate Democratic Conference Secretary, is also filled with sweets. This tradition began "sometime later" than the better known candy desk;[11] Hershey Kisses were the most popular candy from this desk during the 1980s, followed by small caramels.[17] Candy for this desk is paid for through a "candy fund" to which senators who would like to partake of the desk's contents contribute.[11] Until he left the Senate in 2015, Jay Rockefeller was responsible for collecting the money and purchasing the candy. This tradition is less widely known; a 2009 article claimed that even the Historian of the United States Senate does not know much about it.[16]

Other senators sometimes keep candy in their desks as well. Katherine Buck, a United States Senate Page at the time, wrote in 2005:

One senator with a particularly strong hankering for chocolate is Jim Talent from Missouri. Once during a vote, he called people away from the candy desk to his own on the other side of the row. There were oohs and aahs until six people walked away with Russell Stover Low-Carb Chocolates. (I guess the Atkins craze had made its way to the Senate.)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Platystemon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_4.0

this is the new top of my worthless wikipedia list

quote:

The third industrial revolution or Industry 3.0 occurred in the late 20th century, after the end of the two big wars,

definitely not written by a bot this is normal language that hot blooded humans use

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The Democrats have also had a candy desk since at least 1985.[16] A rolltop desk located on the front wall, belonging to the United States Senate Democratic Conference Secretary, is also filled with sweets. This tradition began "sometime later" than the better known candy desk;[11] Hershey Kisses were the most popular candy from this desk during the 1980s, followed by small caramels.[17] Candy for this desk is paid for through a "candy fund" to which senators who would like to partake of the desk's contents contribute.[11] Until he left the Senate in 2015, Jay Rockefeller was responsible for collecting the money and purchasing the candy. This tradition is less widely known; a 2009 article claimed that even the Historian of the United States Senate does not know much about it.[16]

Other senators sometimes keep candy in their desks as well. Katherine Buck, a United States Senate Page at the time, wrote in 2005:

One senator with a particularly strong hankering for chocolate is Jim Talent from Missouri. Once during a vote, he called people away from the candy desk to his own on the other side of the row. There were oohs and aahs until six people walked away with Russell Stover Low-Carb Chocolates. (I guess the Atkins craze had made its way to the Senate.)

the candy desk is blowing my mind today

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
candy desks plural, of varying degrees of infamy and funding/partaking traditions, all of which must be documented

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The song was inspired by an affair McVie had with the band's lighting director, Curry Grant.[1] "To avoid flare-ups", she told her then-husband John McVie that the song was about her dog.[2]

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

The song was inspired by an affair McVie had with the band's lighting director, Curry Grant.[1] "To avoid flare-ups", she told her then-husband John McVie that the song was about her dog.[2]

lol

at least it wasn't the lighting director's dog

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

FMguru posted:

lol

idgi, this is not a worthless thing. dumb trivia is what i go on wikipedia for

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

definitely not written by a bot this is normal language that hot blooded humans use

A large number of paratypes were assigned: specimens UMNH VP 12283, 12285, 12286, 12288, 12290, 12292, 12293, 12315, 12321-12329, 12343-12345, 12347-12349, 12360, 12363, 12366, 12369-12373, 12377, 12380, 12383-12384, 12386-12389, 12392-12394, 12396-12400, 12402-12404, 12406, 12410-12417, 12419-12425, 12427-12439, 12441-12443, 14530-14533, 14537-14538, 14542-14557, 14560-14565, 14568-14582, 14584-14656, 14658-14666, 14668-14670, 14672-14676, 14678-14680, 14682-14690, 14692-14699, 14701-14999 and 15001-15149.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

quote:

A message to our readers about COVID-19

With the uncertainty surrounding the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to reassure our readers across the globe that our volunteers are working to bring you a trusted source of unbiased information. Throughout these challenging times, knowledge must and will remain open for all.

i, for one, would never have guessed that the people who edit wikipedia in their spare time are intending to continue to do this now that they have even more spare time. i'm glad they let me know.

actually i'm impressed there wasn't a donation link thrown in ...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

i, for one, would never have guessed that the people who edit wikipedia in their spare time are intending to continue to do this now that they have even more spare time. i'm glad they let me know.

actually i'm impressed there wasn't a donation link thrown in ...

i demand a photo of jimbo wales in his socially-isolated bunker

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This is how you get ants, senate.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Theranos corporate governance practices have been criticized.[9][10][11]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

(from the department of "not what that word means, chief:")

EC ("Every Child" and formerly "Elizabeth and Charlie")[2] is an automatic, animated, magical rag doll who is intended to appear to be genderless or even bisexual so as to be more widely relatable.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Fonteny (German: Fonteningen) is a commune in the Moselle department in Grand Est in north-eastern France. It is famous for being the world's largest exporter of adult toys.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Antivehicular posted:

EC ("Every Child" and formerly "Elizabeth and Charlie")[2] is an automatic, animated, magical rag doll who is intended to appear to be genderless or even bisexual so as to be more widely relatable.

this feels like a prime time to use androgynous which is a neat word with a cool spelling looking at images that doll is none of those things it is only nightmares

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Antivehicular posted:

i think that was actually a meaning of the word way back when for a little while (there was an episode of "the allusionist" about the word)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Agile Vector posted:

this feels like a prime time to use androgynous which is a neat word with a cool spelling looking at images that doll is none of those things it is only nightmares

:wtc:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

:nms: cool, a dallas wiens doll :nms:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i dont think i like this new 'stupid newbie' avatar

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

use webex if you don’t want to see poo poo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

prefect posted:

i think that was actually a meaning of the word way back when for a little while (there was an episode of "the allusionist" about the word)
Bones uses it that way in the tribbles episode of TOS

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

When a man set himself on fire in the Los Angeles, California location of a commercial mailbox company, copies of this novel were saturated with the smell of burnt flesh. They were sold by book dealer Barry R. Levin as collectibles.[2]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ship owners are reluctant to send their ships though known minefields.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

cowards, all of them

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-jaw_ticket#/media/File:ETicketAirline.png

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

....citation needed?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

The jack of diamonds is sometimes known as "laughing boy"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ISIS-chan is the Moe anthropomorphism of ISIS.[15]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ban

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
For many years, English-language releases of the anime bore the title Space Cruiser Yamato. This romanization has appeared in Japanese publications because Nishizaki, a sailing enthusiast who owned a cruiser yacht, ordered that this translation be used out of love for his boat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
moe is their leader

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Several rappers including Pharoahe Monch, Noreaga, Killarmy, Eminem, Ice Cube, R.A. The Rugged Man, and Brother Ali have songs in which they reminisce about slapboxing. Author Victor D. LaValle wrote the critically acclaimed Slapboxing with Jesus, a story about teenagers living in Queens, New York. The book's title is a take on a line from Ghostface Killah's Daytona 500.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
for your sunday night viewing pleasure, i give you:

the wikipedia bad image list :nws: and also :nms:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for your sunday night viewing pleasure, i give you:

the wikipedia bad image list :nws: and also :nms:

Description
English: full erect and shaved penis, uncircumcised retracted foreskin
Date 20 August 2009, 16:22:22
Source Own work
Author ShavedCock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Description
Français : Petite séance de fist-loving dans les douches collectives d'une cité universitaire à Toulouse.
Date 27 April 2009, 02:52:32
Source Own work
Author Cumeater