Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Look how they massacred my boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mistle posted:

CDC warns about loss of horny as a symptom

Maybe try opening a window and letting fresh air in, that helps

Nap in a sunny spot, vitamin D is a thing the body needs, and some sun exposure can help your body make some. Spending all day and night indoors is a good way to get seasonal affective disorder

yeah this. goons (and well, everyone) are going to be more indoors than their used to. take vitamin D supplements ya'll, it seriously does help, and try to get some sun going daily. now vit D isn't a cure-all for SAD/depressiony poo poo, but it will still help and doesn't hurt to take one each day and try to lounge outside for 30 minutes everyday.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Durf posted:

was kinda lookin forward to the old fogie LAN parties to be honest
if you get matched with someone in the dementia ward just go short A they literally always just camp long A with awps

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

Mine was an anxiety attack and/or I ate a huge bowl of spicy pasta too fast.

I Alex Jonesd myself.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

can you get your daily requirement of vitamin d just from sunlight?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Marzzle posted:

sorta glad ppl keep getting probed b/c there's an endless stream of right wing D lister shitheads on twitter spewing endless dumb and enraging takes to own da libs and sell a book or podcast or whatever the gently caress bill mitchell does. I just dump every alt right person into the same amorphous blob archetype in my mind and can't keep any of them straight or remember their pointless lore or constant self owns that never seem to wipe them off the internets spotlight

Not enough credit is given to the Internet's ability to compress every opinion into the same credibility and reach. Expertise is dead because a million different voices have the same volume. Seeking out Bill's opinion on something can seem funny for a moment, but inevitably makes him as important as the smartest person in the room.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Boris Johnson dies, the QCS thread is going to be epic.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

For one I'd have my loving trumpbux already

BeefThief posted:

where the gently caress is our loving money

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Solarin posted:

Yeah if you take your shirt off and lay in the sun you can get it in like 10-30 minutes depending on your skin color.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ugh I had to buy 2% instead of whole milk, what is this world coming to

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Solarin posted:

Probably? But it wouldn't hurt if you also want to minimize time.

this is a quick paper on it https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391331/

e: in retrospect, not a complete or useful one since it looks like a pre-study. but yeah go outdoors if you can but also may not always be enough for some people. everyone ITT should try to get at least 30-minutes in everyday as most-revealing clothes as possible, maybe longer if it's not sunny. it'll at least help with SAD-type stuff and make you feel a little better, and it's good just to not be cooped up allday for 2 months.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:21 on Apr 6, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah if you take your shirt off and lay in the sun you can get it in like 10-30 minutes depending on your skin color.

I would get arrested for being topless outside

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

I'm cutting huge farts constantly to test myself

ive been doing this, but to my children

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

MadJackal posted:

But I still ask that you please, please forgive me.

A few years ago I found myself sitting with an ICU physician discussing my father's future. He landed in the ICU after old age and a minor traffic accident broke some ribs. Close examination uncovered advanced cancer that left him weeks to months to live, assuming his lungs and heart recovered from the accident. We both understood that he probably wouldn't survive being removed from the ventilator but that would be a gentler way to die than what he had ahead of him if the cancer finished its course.

Even though I still think it was the right decision that conversation haunts me and that was just one man, one father, one uncle, one nephew. There's nothing that needs to be forgiven; I just wish I could buy you a coffee.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

oh MAN watching Johnny Neumonic for the first time and there's a killer virus and chinese with face masks in the intro

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

snoo posted:

Go bottomless then, duh.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

snoo posted:

Just cough on the cops ez pz vitamin deezy.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I want to make one of those posts that ages poorly

like a comment on how I've been at home comfortable for a few weeks and it's mostly been okay. not sure what the big deal is supposed to be.

that should do it.

Don't worry there's no shortage of those already all over the entire internet

Everyone is going to be scrubbing their social media frantically this year. I recommend screenshotting anyone who was being particularly awful for when they try to deny it later

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Could you honestly imagine if it was Trump going to the hospital with COVID instead of Boris? Seriously think about that for a second. The left would actively be cheering, fuckin hard. The right would be in two camps, because if Trumpo dies, Pence doesn't count as one of them. It would be fuckin pandemonium.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Salt Fish posted:

Not enough credit is given to the Internet's ability to compress every opinion into the same credibility and reach. Expertise is dead because a million different voices have the same volume. Seeking out Bill's opinion on something can seem funny for a moment, but inevitably makes him as important as the smartest person in the room.

I honestly have trouble telling the difference between jordan peterson, milo yuyunopolis, ben shapiro and bill mitchell like they are basically the same dumbass guy in my head cranking out some lovely book and a podcast to sell to rubes

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

TwoStepBoog posted:

where is my goddamn 3d snowpiercer

They made that already, it was called Cube.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

shovelbum posted:

Don't I want the full monty if I am young and healthy and get frozen or electrocuted or something like that that people actually come back from tho?

Almost every doc and nurse I know has some level of DNR/No Code/No Heroic Measures. Basically because they know that it is basically torturing you into living, fucks you up for life in most cases, and you or your family get charged 200k for it.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Paladin posted:

They made that already, it was called Cube.

and for when you get bored, they already took it to the next dimension in cube 2: hypercube

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zotix posted:

Could you honestly imagine if it was Trump going to the hospital with COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuha5Im1RaQ

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

snoo posted:

ugh I had to buy 2% instead of whole milk, what is this world coming to

:capitalism:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Solarin posted:

posting also generates vitamin d

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm breaking down because I can't buy my normal brand of bread and we have like 3 cartons of eggs in the fridge now lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That's half of the number of people who died in the Holocaust

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Just cough on the cops ez pz vitamin deezy.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

vitamin deez nuts

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

That's half of the number of people who died in the Holocaust

bitchell "forgot" about the other half

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:yikes:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

there was fresh meat at the grocery store for once but it was 80% boneless skinless chicken thighs, which are delicious of course (skin/bone is better), but took up twice as much space as the chicken section usually did

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

snoo posted:

there was fresh meat at the grocery store for once but it was 80% boneless skinless chicken thighs, which are delicious of course (skin/bone is better), but took up twice as much space as the chicken section usually did

boski thighs are great for mexican food which is a natural fit for your bean stash

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Zotix posted:

Could you honestly imagine if it was Trump going to the hospital with COVID instead of Boris? Seriously think about that for a second. The left would actively be cheering, fuckin hard. The right would be in two camps, because if Trumpo dies, Pence doesn't count as one of them. It would be fuckin pandemonium.

it’d be pretty good imo, op

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I should have bought some god drat it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Boris Johnson dies, the QCS thread is going to be epic.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

I'm still low level sick and my insurance still says they arent testing unless shortness of breath. I've been in my house quarantined since like March 23rd? Fever and coughing on and off. Could still be allergies or a cold. No loss of smell or taste.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

Endless wings lately, I guess they're not volumetrically efficient in the freezer but I love the lil bastards so eh

Boneless skinless thighs are the king of just bulk chicken calories imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

snoo posted:

man that is an assload of good meat. dice it up, marinate it for a couple hours and then roast it at 400F for 20 minutes.

as long as your marinade has vinegar or yogurt
or sour cream or something in it, the meat will be tender as hell and super delicious.

YOU NEED THOSE DANG ENZYMES