Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Evil Fluffy posted:

He's in the US, he's fully under the jurisdiction of US law so saying "well it's being run in [country that doesn't give a gently caress]" means nothing to the courts. They'll rule against him and he'll face fine/imprisonment the same as if he'd tried to do everything here instead.

Also this.
Thanks guys

Zereth posted:

It's been canceled.

Welp that was fast :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Zereth posted:

It's been canceled.
Surprised Pikachu has never been more relevant.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pokemonworlds/pokemon-worlds/comments

the comments are pretty good. the creator has extreme "i'm not mad i'm actually laughing" energy

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wonder how many of those $100 were people giving a dollar just to mock him in the comments.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Kennel posted:

Fortunately, you don't have to be very qualified to raise money.

Kickstarter.html but also :capitalism:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
If the Pokemon Original Idea Don't Steal guy owned a suit and a tie and went to a startup event then he probably would have walked out of there carrying big bags of $

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Only 13 Covid-19 scam masks open for funding at the minute - my favourite is the leather one you wear on top of your disposable mask.

Almost like they don’t get the point of throwing the thing on your face away....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lns/cool-leather-mask-during-challenging-times-diy-kits?ref=discovery_newest&term=Mask

Tho the compostable ‘N95-style’ mask is a close second.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
what happened to that miniatures game which had that one monster with all the pregnant women chained to it? and something else had like a bunch of rude titties?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

what happened to that miniatures game which had that one monster with all the pregnant women chained to it? and something else had like a bunch of rude titties?

Kingdom Death's most recent Kickstarter raised twelve million dollars, so I assume they're still raking in the creepybucks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I can’t even imagine how many doomed Kickstarters from the getgo are now using corona as a smokescreen to exit scamming

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I wanted to write a blurb complaining about the price of this thing, but I deleted it because I want you to have the same WTF moment as I had when you scroll down.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CordlessPen posted:

I wanted to write a blurb complaining about the price of this thing, but I deleted it because I want you to have the same WTF moment as I had when you scroll down.

I'm not sure which moment I'm supposed to have. :(

An $89 sharpie seems excessive. It's not the worst part though. The procedure for getting refills if you can't or don't want to buy refills from them seems utterly pointless.

quote:

If you're feeling adventurous you can disassemble a Sharpie retractable marker, snip off the long tail to make it shorter and insert that into your Marksmith.
You buy a disposable pen and make it worse to refill your pen?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Putting a knife clip on it so it looks just like a knife when its in your pocket seems unwise and it looks like its harder to open and close onehanded than he is suggesting. The price seems higher than I would think is viable but it doesn't really seem absolutely crazy to me:shrug:
And yeah having to rely on them or sharpie surgery for refills sounds dumb.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Apr 5, 2020

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm not sure which moment I'm supposed to have. :(
A reusable Sharpie that costs as much as 50 Sharpies that you refill by buying more Sharpies is what got me.

I don't know, I expected it to cost 30$ and I still thought I'd roll my eyes, but when I saw 100$ (:canada:) I just had to come here.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Pen Guy posted:

Ultimately my goal is to buy the CNC equipment necessary to make these markers and future products at my shop in the USA since I already make a lot in house. At this time I don't have production CNC equipment, so the plan is to have the body made at a factory in China that specializes in Titanium, and then install the cartridges at my shop.
Oh huh :rip: maybe?

Anyway the price is because it isn't really for people that just want a durable marker it's for EDC dudes that buy all those dumb belt buckles and money clips etc, same reason its made of titanium for no practical reason when it likely could be made cheaper with a different but as durable(for this purpose) material.

Like here a dumb probably hard to use screwdriver that looks like a bullet!
MAWST is a multi-function everyday carry blade & bit driver that's uniquely designed and meticulously engineered for daily tasks. It is made of titanium, aerospace aluminum and brass which makes this nano blade extremely tough, and it will withstand years of use.

That made $31,272 from 585 backers.

:siren::krad::siren:
You have to carry two or the extra bits in your pocket if you think you might need a screwdriver and a knife.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Apr 5, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
*shows the thing being completely consumed by flame but not a shot of it working afterward*

FIREPROOF, ALLEGEDLY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ah yes, the best kind of screwdriver, with a perfectly smooth body.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

:thunk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

high "strenght"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
High strenght, low int

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

we only use lenghts of high strenght alumium

and we don’t waste a single penny on nonsense like proofreading

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Okay come on how do you even do it this badly

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

We hate real guns and bullets and hope that one day all the bullets in the world can be just used as keychains!

Well I'm glad they cleared that up.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

A bit less catchy than "swords into plowshares."

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

A waterproof screwdriver you say

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Those motherfuckers must never have used a screwdriver before in their lives if they think those stupid first year undergraduate design projects would actually be usable

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will bite the bullet and be the one to ask, why would you need a tiny knife or screwdriver under water, and if you're in these situations so frequently why not just get a Swiss army knife instead

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

EDC stuff isn't for using, it's for fiddled with conspicuously in the hope that a hot girl notices and finds you interesting.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Sweevo posted:

EDC stuff isn't for using, it's for fiddled with conspicuously in the hope that a hot girl notices and finds you interesting.

Bold of you to assume that EDC guys (and it's only guys) go anywhere near women, or outside.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Oh it's all theoretical of course. Plus the women they actually see irl would never meet their impossible standards anyway (*insert excuse for just staring at women from a distance instead of talking to them*)

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

CJacobs posted:

I will bite the bullet and be the one to ask, why would you need a tiny knife or screwdriver under water, and if you're in these situations so frequently why not just get a Swiss army knife instead

I'm not gonna get into the weeds calling these guys incels, it's basically dudes fetishizing masculinity. They are mostly tech nerds or aspiring tech nerds working in jobs that aren't "manly" that envision themselves as some sort of frontiersman ready for anything, that's why they almost exclusively focus on the aesthetics of a tool or gadget over practical concerns(like a bullet screwdriver that can't drive screws) since they don't actually consider using it outside of some day-dream fantasy. I always imagine them as a far less idealized Tim the Toolman from Home Improvement, somebody that thinks they are really handy but in reality there is little call for it in their day to day life.
There is also a second market of people buying gifts for dudes taking the place of things like sharper image etc.

Like here some dude reinventing the wheel on a expensive lipstick/lipbalm tube, with bonus explaining why you should use chapstick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQu8ZqvBVI

What makes Chapstick an Everyday Carry Item?
The EDC Sleeve 2.0 is a decorative and protective sleeve made to fit over your Burt's bees Chapstick but that's not all! Did you know that Chapstick actually has over 29 uses that could helpful in an emergency situation!? That is right, something as simple as chapstick can be the difference if you thrive or not in an emergency situation! One of the most popular uses is fire! Yup! Small Tinder treated with chapstick actually burns a significant amount of time longer than tinder not treated. Sure thats Super cool but other uses include Bug bite relief, Patching holes in your tent, Reducing the glare of the sun, protecting your skin from sunburn or wind/snow chap, stopping small cuts from bleeding and even fishing bate! I wouldn't be caught without my EDC Sleeve 2.0!

The back story:
Just over one year ago I started this company to work to provide the best life that I can for my young son. To be the best provider and father I can be. I set out on a journey to develop affordable EDC products that were also made to last. Through trials tribulations and constant development, the EDC Sleeve 2.0 was born. The past year has been a good ride but this is where the fun begins!

By contributing to this campaign you can help me accomplish my goal of taking this product to production.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Apr 5, 2020

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Hub Cat posted:

I'm not gonna get into the weeds calling these guys incels, it's basically dudes fetishizing masculinity. They are mostly tech nerds or aspiring tech nerds working in jobs that aren't "manly" that envision themselves as some sort of frontiersman ready for anything, that's why they almost exclusively focus on the aesthetics of a tool or gadget over practical concerns(like a bullet screwdriver that can't drive screws) since they don't actually consider using it outside of some day-dream fantasy. I always imagine them as a far less idealized Tim the Toolman from Home improvement, somebody that thinks they are really handy but in reality there is little call for it in their day to day life.
There is also a second market of people buying gifts for dudes taking the place of things like sharper image etc.

Like here some dude reinventing the wheel on a expensive lipstick/lipbalm tube, with bonus explaining why you should use chapstick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQu8ZqvBVI

Imagine how dumb ladies must feel, carrying around lipbalm in the light small tube that they boght it in, which isn't even military grade high-spec aircraft engineered fire resistant unobtainium. Imagine how happy they would be for a guy to tell them that there is a better way to do this.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

I just noticed "Alumium". I wonder why/how they got "width" right though...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A real manly man knows the girthiness of every single thing in his pockets just to make absolutely sure none of them create an embarrassing bulge that could be misconstrued for their penis which they also know the girth of by heart just in case any females ask

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The price of that thing is actually lower than I expected when I saw the word “titanium”. Everything about it is bad, though, and I have a really unfortunate brain defect that leads me to back entirely too many pen-like things on KS.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sweevo posted:

What is EDC?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jedit posted:

What is EDC?

EveryDay Carry, I believe.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Jedit posted:

What is EDC?

Over-engineered expensive shite carried around clipped to the belt so the wearer can roleplay as Batman in their zeroth-level IT job.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Electric Daisy Carnival. You put bracelet drugs on your belt and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

When terrorists overrun NASA the only man standing between them and space 9/11 will be myrtar, and we'll be drat glad he's got his inventory with him.