Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Nephthys posted:

This is the anime thread.

I believe this is just a superman joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nephthys posted:

This is the anime thread.

And that’s not a real spoiler.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I know guys, I've read the manga. It was a joke. Cyborg-Endeavor sadly is not a real thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cyborg Endeavor
Guy in metal armor based off of Endeavor
Red Endeavor
Blue Endeavor
Stalinist Endeavor
Earth-3 Evil Endeavor
Bizarro Endeavor
Fascist Endeavor who lobotomizes villains
Endeavorgirl
Flamo the Endeavor Dog

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Endeavor Boy Prime

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I legit want an arc that features "evil universe" MHA characters invading the main universe.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm telling you, my "Into the Deku-Verse" movie idea would make millions!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JahRoo posted:

I believe this is just a superman joke.

Larryb posted:

And that’s not a real spoiler.

You've met Wash, now meet Whoosh

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

I'm telling you, my "Into the Deku-Verse" movie idea would make millions!
LeMillions, even? :v:

But we'd need as kick-rear end a crew as we got for the Japanese dub of that. Otherwise, no dice.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Nephthys posted:

I know guys, I've read the manga. It was a joke. Cyborg-Endeavor sadly is not a real thing.

Yet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yes. Look forward to Endeavor having to team up with a teenage clone of himself and a guy who is on fire to fight against cyborg-Endeavor.

But Endeavor is a guy who is on fire. We'll need to change that one to avoid repeating.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Blaze Dragon posted:

But Endeavor is a guy who is on fire. We'll need to change that one to avoid repeating.

Clearly he would be teaming up with Superman instead.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Endeavor is gonna team up with Endeavor Who Is Slightly Less On Fire and Endeavor But His Beard Game Is Weak

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Endeavor is gonna team up with Endeavor Who Is Slightly Less On Fire and Endeavor But His Beard Game Is Weak

It'll be the Superman Red/Blue situation, except we get Chemical Fire Endeavor and Electrical Fire Endeavor.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

It'll be the Superman Red/Blue situation, except we get Chemical Fire Endeavor and Electrical Fire Endeavor.

Chemical Fire Endeavor would just be Flourine Fire Endeavor, which is a pretty scary concept.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

amigolupus posted:

And hopefully nowhere near as garbage! :v:

(Seriously, those Two Superman comics were terrible)

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

What hero is Endeavor analogous to anyway? I was thinking Captain Atom, but that doesn't seem right.
Kind of has a Magog thing going. Except Endeavor realized he was being a poo poo right before officially replacing his Superman instead of after.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 6, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adder Moray posted:

Kind of has a Magog thing going. Except Endeavor realized he was being a poo poo right before officially replacing his Superman instead of after.

Also Endeavor didn't create a situation that led to Kansas exploding.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Funky Valentine posted:

Also Endeavor didn't create a situation that led to Kansas exploding.
Let's cut him some slack, that even happened to Alita.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
help I'm an Endeavor fan now

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I am a big Hawks fan. The picture in the end credits of tiny Hawks is weird though. A couple of MiBs blindfolding a kid?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

The_Doctor posted:

I am a big Hawks fan. The picture in the end credits of tiny Hawks is weird though. A couple of MiBs blindfolding a kid?

Some variety of quirk training? Don't need to see to use telekinesis.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Yeah I was pretty confused by the Hawks picture in the ED throughout this series but then seeing him use his feathers to rescue people in the building that he couldn't directly see during the battle it made sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If you're confused about that ending image of Hawks, don't worry. Us manga readers were just as confused, that won't come into play until much, much later. As in, this was shown first in that ending and wasn't shown in the manga at all until like two weeks ago.

Just let it feed your internal speculation about Hawks, as it did to us all. Man, it's kind of neat when the anime does little stuff like that that surprises even those of us that are up to date with the manga. Makes it interesting.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

If you're confused about that ending image of Hawks, don't worry. Us manga readers were just as confused, that won't come into play until much, much later. As in, this was shown first in that ending and wasn't shown in the manga at all until like two weeks ago.

Just let it feed your internal speculation about Hawks, as it did to us all. Man, it's kind of neat when the anime does little stuff like that that surprises even those of us that are up to date with the manga. Makes it interesting.

I don't know what you are talking about. The explanation for that image will come when they do the wrap up stuff for what just happened in the next season.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I've heard that the most recent MHA movie takes place after season 4. Would you watch it now that s4 has wrapped, or is it later towards the middle/end of what will be s5, or am I just being a turbo-nerd and over thinking it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

8one6 posted:

I've heard that the most recent MHA movie takes place after season 4. Would you watch it now that s4 has wrapped, or is it later towards the middle/end of what will be s5, or am I just being a turbo-nerd and over thinking it?

There's nothing in that movie that will really spoil you on anything happening in s5. Two of the big things the movie showed early where a Hawks cameo and the appearance of the previous OFA holders that were shown at the end of the last episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only things it really "spoiled" for anime watchers pretty much all happened in Season 4, and they were all blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's also a very small, inconsequential appearance from a character that'll debut in the next season.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Shyrka posted:

Yeah I was pretty confused by the Hawks picture in the ED throughout this series but then seeing him use his feathers to rescue people in the building that he couldn't directly see during the battle it made sense.

Embarrassingly enough, I've only just noticed myself that modern day Hawks wears headphones. It makes me wonder how much he relies on his feathers to sense things instead of his basic 5 senses.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Is there random streaming service that owns rights to the movie?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It looks like you can watch the first one on Hulu, but Funi already has a lot of stuff on Hulu.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hunt11 posted:

I don't know what you are talking about. The explanation for that image will come when they do the wrap up stuff for what just happened in the next season.

What they're saying is that both manga and anime people can only speculate what that Hawks image in the ED means

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

What they're saying is that both manga and anime people can only speculate what that Hawks image in the ED means

I got that bit. I just don't know why they are including manga readers in those confused by the image considering that it takes about five seconds of extrapolation from information that comes out from the resolution of this episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hunt11 posted:

I got that bit. I just don't know why they are including manga readers in those confused by the image considering that it takes about five seconds of extrapolation from information that comes out from the resolution of this episode.

There's a gigantic difference between extrapolation and being actually shown an event. You can extrapolate from given data and be wrong because the writer actually hid something important, or simply because you missed something.

Granted, Horikoshi hints things with all the subtlety of a brick to the face (I think everyone at this point knows where the Dabi thing is going even when Horikoshi refuses to outright say it) but that doesn't change the fact that it's nice to have confirmation from the series itself.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Maybe don't talk about when things get explained in the manga in the anime thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's a gigantic difference between extrapolation and being actually shown an event. You can extrapolate from given data and be wrong because the writer actually hid something important, or simply because you missed something.

Granted, Horikoshi hints things with all the subtlety of a brick to the face (I think everyone at this point knows where the Dabi thing is going even when Horikoshi refuses to outright say it) but that doesn't change the fact that it's nice to have confirmation from the series itself.

Please stop talking about how the manga is going to handle things in the future in the thread with a lot of anime only watchers. If you need to get it off your chest, you can either spoiler tag your discussion with a (manga spoilers) preface, or better yet, talk about it in the manga thread where other people who do read the manga can commentate on the points you are making without potentially stepping into a minefield.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, sorry. I wanted to assure the anime viewers that it was fine not to know these things just yet but I went overboard. My mistake.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Goons just really love to spoil people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

All ya gotta do is use awkward phrasing that can mean multiple things, like "All Might is gonna smash with All For One" and then watch as people take it the completely wrong way and hilarity ensues