Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

so when will boris die tho

soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1246532925534896129

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

yeah early abortion of a clinical trial is a resounding declaration that this idea was so bad, we had to stop because we'd get sent to the hague for crimes against humanity if we continued.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Asproigerosis posted:

yeah early abortion of a clinical trial is a resounding declaration that this idea was so bad, we had to stop because we'd get sent to the hague for crimes against humanity if we continued.

there is a theory chuds are circulating, that the evil doctors are pretending the very good cure magic medicine doesn't work and letting all their patients die, just to piss off donald trump I guess :shrug:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

the cure cant be worse than the disease

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

it owns that trumps miracle cure that he is medically advising millions to take is actively harmful

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Solarin posted:

it owns that trumps miracle cure that he is medically advising millions to take is actively harmful

sooooo many wrongful death suits are brewing, from Fox News and various dumbfucks like Dr. Drew to Kushner to the big orange fuckup himself. not to mention people just going after them physically looking for revenge for dead husbands and wives and grandparents

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

kemikalkadet posted:

the cure cant be worse than the disease

look, it’s just a cure, what’s the worst that can happen.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
All politicians should be forced to use public hospitals. And their childrens to attend public schools.

No optional, but forced.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Solarin posted:

are we already forgetting the hundreds (thousands?) of Iranians that died / got sick drinking methanol because of a hoax claim that spread

be glad Trump named an obscure nothing drug instead of something that has a name like a Home Depot product

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Is it okay to mercilessly laugh at Bojo if he dies from coronavirus?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

wolfs posted:

are we already forgetting the hundreds (thousands?) of Iranians that died / got sick drinking methanol because of a hoax claim that spread

be glad Trump named an obscure nothing drug instead of something that has a name like a Home Depot product

look the cure is to drink blue paint. the virus is red, and blue plus red is purple which is a healthy royal color and so you should just buy and drink blue paint.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

me every morning now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Goon Boots posted:

Is it okay to mercilessly laugh at Bojo if he dies from coronavirus?

its compulsory

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Corona is stored in the Pauls

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

One of the bad numbers gonna go up even more this week

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1247004420522553344

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wolfs posted:

you aren't wrong, but a few people did die from ingesting aquarium cleaner because it had the name of the medicine trump told them was a miracle cure. At least he didn't tell the nation to drink bleach like those facebook rumors suggested and harmed people

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle posted:

its compulsory

:jackbud: is mandatory

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

somnambulist posted:

Are the projection models for https://covid19.healthdata.org pretty decent so far or nah?

California was seeing about 6000 deaths by August just a few weeks ago on this site and it’s dropped to 1783 today. I’m really hoping this means Cali won’t be hit as hard.

I’ve been sick with the Coronavirus for 21 days now, I have pneumonia in both lungs but never required a ventilator. I’m sort of on the mend now, I’m still getting daily night sweats and I lack energy but my drat fever is finally gone (haven’t had one in like 3 days)

So any news about the death rate going down would be REALLY nice right now. gently caress this virus.

Look at the graph for Illinois. We have quickly increasing deaths until about May 1st, then the prediction suddenly makes a right turn with no more covid deaths. I dunno that doesn't seem right to me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Solarin posted:

you aren't wrong, but a few people did die from ingesting aquarium cleaner because it had the name of the medicine trump told them was a miracle cure. At least he didn't tell the nation to drink bleach like those facebook rumors suggested and harmed people

just give him a chance!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

brugroffil posted:

Look at the graph for Illinois. We have quickly increasing deaths until about May 1st, then the prediction suddenly makes a right turn with no more covid deaths. I dunno that doesn't seem right to me.

That is when the testing stops.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pi page

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol looks like the ihme projections interpreted weekend non-reporting as improvement so everything looks insane. louisiana already having its highest death count day should be a fairly easy thing to check against.

this is the thing the whitehouse is using isn't it?

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Dustcat posted:

what if you could combine jesus blood with aquarium cleaner

you'd be effectively immortal

Through faith in Christ you are immortal only after you die, so this checks out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Having the president of the united states just ramble on for weeks about one weird trick epidemiologists hate is absolutely bonkers. How is there not any sort of blowback from this poo poo? That there is no point where some adults can come in and say alright you've had too much sudafed why don't you go sit this one out. Millions of Americans are going to die because this man only cares about his huge tv ratings.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
New York City is utilizing special forces medics to set up a field hospital to address medical issues not related to covid in case anyone was wondering how the greatest country in the world was doing right now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Asproigerosis posted:

Having the president of the united states just ramble on for weeks about one weird trick epidemiologists hate is absolutely bonkers. How is there not any sort of blowback from this poo poo? That there is no point where some adults can come in and say alright you've had too much sudafed why don't you go sit this one out. Millions of Americans are going to die because this man only cares about his huge tv ratings.

What adults?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

brugroffil posted:

i just dont know what to make of their "assuming full social distancing," because what on earth does that mean in this context? how is it modeling peak use in FL in just 2 weeks when there are huge parts of the state who believe it's a hoax and the weak stay at home order just went into effect?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

the media is doing play by play and any rage is limited to twitter posts because we are all lazy and apathetic

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I feel like he could do better

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

buddy you gotta respect the office.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

human beings are instinctively compliant, it sucks but it's not mysterious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

post WWII science was the loving wild west, they did some crazy poo poo

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Solarin posted:

buddy you gotta respect the office.

*looks directly into the camera when trump says something stupid*

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.goli.org.uk/post/twelfth-of-july-parades-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus

quote:

The Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland, Wor. Bro. Edward Stevenson has confirmed that the Orange Institution will not hold its annual Twelfth of July demonstrations this year.

The decision has been taken in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic and follows consultation with the Grand Masters of England and Scotland, local County Masters and senior officers.

Coron-IRA virus.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deaths starting to creep into people I knew in high school and local people I'm passingly familiar with, really wish Trump would move on from the malaria drugs that obviously don't work so we can try to find something that does

Asproigerosis posted:

the blowback would have to come from the Dems, and by all accounts the Dem leadership is largely happy with how Trump has handled things so far

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm not saying i agree with North Koreas response to COVID19, but I'm saying i understand

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Asproigerosis posted:

hahahaha

rules are made up and only apply if you have less power than the enforcers. there are no adults, there will be no saviors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Asproigerosis posted:

The opposition political party has promised repeatedly not to criticize him in any way