Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hap penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

VAAAAAAGINA!!!!!!!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Hoo yeah

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
*spits out beer in shock*

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Every single teenager and college kid is a piece of poo poo.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The whole neighborhood could hear you cussin'!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

Every single teenager and college kid is a piece of poo poo.

This is true, and why Bobby is probably the most realistic teen on TV. He's selfish, lazy, and short-sighted. But not a bully or racist or anything else morally reprehensible. That's just what even the best of teenagers are like.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

joshtothemaxx posted:

Definitely pro-LGB, sketchy on the T when Bobby calls someone "shhim."

To be fair, mainstream media being accepting of transgender only goes back to like, maybe 2014?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Hey Bobby.

Your mom's gonna teach sex ed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Hey Bobby.

Your wife divorced you.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Your dad got blown up.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Tu eres puerca.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That chicken is the star of the show.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Y'all ready for some world-class pig diving?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Mostly just mike judge pushing any cringy liberal bullshit like the idea that there are people who panhandle that dont actually need to panhandle
I know the episode missed the mark, but young, well-off people slumming it and panhandling like it’s camping is 100% a real thing in New Orleans.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

Doppelganger posted:

I know the episode missed the mark, but young, well-off people slumming it and panhandling like it’s camping is 100% a real thing in New Orleans.

Around the time the episode came out, there was a trend here in Austin where kids getting money from their parents to go to school would still be hanging out on the drag (retail center near campus) panhandling. I feel the episode was trying to make a side jab at this group.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lots of rich kids grow up to be non-contributing parasites, the ones in that episode were at least honest about it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trustafarians are real!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Hey Bobby.

We're gonna get to see her boobs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

To be fair, mainstream media being accepting of transgender only goes back to like, maybe 2014?

I was watching an old episode of something recently and they kept referring to them as tranny and it was jarring as hell. I can't remember what it was but it was out of character for more recent seasons

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was watching an old episode of something recently and they kept referring to them as tranny and it was jarring as hell. I can't remember what it was but it was out of character for more recent seasons

I was watching some 30 Rock the other night and the line "Sherlock Homo and the case of the very gay sweater" got a double take from me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Another Bill posted:

I was watching some 30 Rock the other night and the line "Sherlock Homo and the case of the very gay sweater" got a double take from me.

Also the way she constantly resents and tries to control Cerie. Not to mention when she not only slut-shames a fellow comedian, but ends up getting so hung up on it that she ruins the poor womans life.

The entire show is framed as if Liz is the only sane one, and that anyone who doesn't actively avoid sex like she does is an idiot. I still like the show, maybe for the nostalgia, but it's definitely uncomfortable at times.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Just watched a lucky clip with him in a lawyers office pretending not to be injured and it was painfully bad

The later seasons have terrible musical queues and judge just seems checked out voicing Hank

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/ZnCZVs6I1tI

naem
May 29, 2011

PinheadSlim posted:

Also the way she constantly resents and tries to control Cerie. Not to mention when she not only slut-shames a fellow comedian, but ends up getting so hung up on it that she ruins the poor womans life.

The entire show is framed as if Liz is the only sane one, and that anyone who doesn't actively avoid sex like she does is an idiot. I still like the show, maybe for the nostalgia, but it's definitely uncomfortable at times.

I love Tina Fey, she’s amazing, but there was a plot point in 30 rock where the apt she owns in a building on central park, with a doorman, has an upstairs floor (not a room, a floor) that is unfinished and under construction and it’s played off like “I don’t have the time or money to finish this six figure home decorating project BLEARGH! HEE HAW SANDWICHES! I’m so NORMAL and MIDDLECLASS” and it’s like, yeah I’m not the target demographic for this am I

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretty sure the target demographic for 30 rock is those two NPR hosts from the schwetty balls SNL skit

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

you broke my grill posted:

We're gonna get to see her boobs

Bobby: "...So? :("

naem
May 29, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

pretty sure the target demographic for 30 rock is those two NPR hosts from the schwetty balls SNL skit

the invincible Kimmy Schmidt is another show without an audience, it’s Tina Fey so I had to watch but how many:

1) escaped basement cultist women working as nannies
2) african american gay robot grifters
3) native american women who married money (played by a white woman)

could there be out there to support a network show

also did Kinmy get raped? in the basement? all those basement scenes took place in between the, constant rape right?? in the, rape basement

like I had a hard time using the show to distract me from my bland horrible life with sensible chuckles is what I’m saying

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Always Sunny spent way too long calling a character "Carmen the Tranny" even though they treated her fairly respectfully.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
What's the most Hank moment you've had?

The other night my girlfriend was looking at fancy ice cube trays and I said the only shape I want my ice is square

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Me scorning all the pre-ripped jeans at the clothing store and my bf putting on his Hank voice and saying "excuse me sir all these jeans seem to be damaged".

I saw a guy "bwahhhh" extremely visibly when he noticed another guy flipping me off for no reason. I still laugh when I remember his facial expression.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PinheadSlim posted:

I definitely didn't see liz as the sane one at all.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Testikles posted:

The other night my girlfriend was looking at fancy ice cube trays and I said the only shape I want my ice is square

You know that episode where they're lamenting having run out of projects to do.

That's me right now.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I love watching The Masters every year just because the grass is so beautiful. Not this year though : (

ilmucche posted:

I definitely didn't see liz as the sane one at all.

For sure, Liz is just as nuts as everyone else.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i follow rules a little too closely sometimes (only the ones that make sense and benefit everyone!) so i get called hank hill sometimes by my “friends”

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I recently used my AAA membership to book a hotel.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

So I tapped him on the shoulder and said, with a straight face, "maybe you wanna put a little lacquer in that varnish?"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm extremely anal about my grill, grilling techniques and tools and I only use a clean burning gas to cook. Also I almost always wear blue jeans, plain glasses and often a plain white or black tshirt.

Ways I'm not like Hank: smoke lots of pot, enjoy my dad's company, have a fabulous all-natural rear end

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Testikles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63EdY_sQOcY&t=140s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i follow rules a little too closely sometimes (only the ones that make sense and benefit everyone!) so i get called hank hill sometimes by my “friends”

Same. At work, I often say "but did y'all follow the checklist? You know the checklist is there for a reason." And don't make me tell Buck! (I don't work in a safety-critical environment like a lab or anything. I just love checklists.)

In many things, though, I'm a Peggy. Oh God! What if I'm average? Do you have any idea how dumb *average* is?