Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

lol good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
femi is one of the dumbest melts on twitter lol

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Wow, he really has failed hasn't he.

I remember when tweets like that would have at least 500 likes, but this just looks pathetic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's like someone set out to make the ultimate liberal, it's genuinely impressive.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ahhh, that's the stuff. Cask strength galaxy brain, no ice.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

A big-brained grown-up arrives.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
All the people who spent the last five years trying to wreck the party finding out they've still not got a grift in the party has been a very pleasant surprise in a mostly poo poo start.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

He's like someone set out to make the ultimate liberal, it's genuinely impressive.

It kind of is. I know that Labours loss in the last election was a pain, and if things ever return to normal it is still one, but I didn't think it would break Liberals as badly as this is doing. Suddenly they have no purpose and even the "sensible" options begin to look bad. It's like with Centerists in the USA and Biden. They have no answers and so have started doing the thing where they answer the question they wish you'd asked.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It really is politics as a team sport, except if team was literally just what kit you were wearing, like you'd start cheering for chelsea if they put on the boro kit.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

My favourite thing about XCom 2 was downloading the Better Mods older the PC version of the game on Steam.
It was Better Weapobs, Better Start, Better Soldiers.

They made all your d00ds super good and made the game super fun to play.

I wonder how cool life would be if you could download similar mods and start them up when you wake up.
Just don't install too many mods and cause the world to crash every day you try and wake up.

Well we already have the photo-realistic horse vaginas.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

It really is politics as a team sport, except if team was literally just what kit you were wearing, like you'd start cheering for chelsea if they put on the boro kit.

I don't quite understand it. Do they think that everything will be fine regardless? Are they so dense as to believe, even now, that things must continue as they have because it cannot change.

I think I understand why people say that working for a better world is never done, because if it was, we'd end up thinking that the world is okay and ignore injustices and make everything performative.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DVATW/status/1247057836502396928?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Good question! They do not

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I don't quite understand it. Do they think that everything will be fine regardless? Are they so dense as to believe, even now, that things must continue as they have because it cannot change.

I think I understand why people say that working for a better world is never done, because if it was, we'd end up thinking that the world is okay and ignore injustices and make everything performative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFu0o8NB5Io

I heard once a good description of liberals as people who think that the system is fine, but the people using it aren't. Like they don't manage to make the form determines function argument that anarchists do so well. Like if it keeps on throwing up loving awful people and awful practices then maybe it's a problem with the system, maybe the people in it are a product of it as much as they themselves produce it.

But no, the system is perfect, eternal, unchangeable, all you can possibly do is complain about the people involved and how they interact with it.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1247215458262093824

BREAKING NEWS: man in striped vest caught leaving bank vault with massive dollar sign bag admits he had the "wrong hypothesis" about who the money belonged to

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So I moved back home, because I didn't want to be alone during the quarantine, and speaking as a trans woman who doesn't feel safe being out around most of my family, I am loving sick of my transphobic Dad.

Apparently there's a conspiracy against Alex Salmond, orchestrated by trans-inclusive feminists from Stirling University, in favour of Nicola Sturgeon. Something about how the trans rights activists infiltrated the SNP, even though they clearly don't care about Scottish independence, and they're destroying it from the inside. Salmond's accuser is now married to Angus Robertson, and there's a cabal against good pro-Salmond folks like Joanna Cherry. Also, apparently trans women are men unless they don't have dicks anymore.

It's loving Infowars conspiracy theory bullshit and I'm loving sick of it. Apparently Dad's been pissed off at the SNP since Sturgeon pushed Michelle Thomson under the bus for doing something that's a mainstay of any Channel 4 daytime property flipping show. But oh, I'm the brainwashed one for calling Joanna Cherry a TERF, since I care about an issue that apparently only 1-2% of people care about.

loving hell, this plague can't be over soon enough.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1247203974173855744

I wonder who this anonymous Labour MP could have been? :iiam:

Lmao I was wondering why Jess Flaps was trending on twitter.

That shadow cabinet is ... alright, I guess. Shame Burgeon and Gardiner are out, but it could have been worse. Could also have been much better with Corbs as shadow foreign secretary.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 6, 2020

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/VinnyMcAv/status/1247240531031347200?s=20

!!!!!!!!!!

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Boris is in intensive care.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Chinese Gordon posted:

Boris is in intensive care.

And Raab is in charge. God help us all.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240367327588353?s=21

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Karma works very fast these days.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Boy, my post aged really well...

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

I hate Boris with a passion, but I hate Raab more. Odious.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240275791134720?s=19

Happening status: it's

And it couldn't happen on a nicer page

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It's not too late for covid to take raab too

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240275791134720?s=19

Happening status: it's

And it couldn't happen on a nicer page

Holy loving poo poo

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If he needs tubing, don't the stats say he's more likely to die than not?

e: apparently not intubated yet, but if he's rapidly worsening it would seem to be that it's near inevitable given what we know about how the disease progresses in these serious cases

https://twitter.com/VinnyMcAv/status/1247241919056490499

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 6, 2020

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Can't believe Brexit killed Boris.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I can't believe I step away from being Online for fifteen loving minutes and it all kicks off

Also

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240275791134720

The utter lack of embellishment. The absence of any color commentary. The simple, stark way it's laid out.

Her heart is breaking and she's terrified :kheldragar:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Drunk Canuck posted:

Can't believe Brexit killed Boris.

Can we arrange an 8pm clap for covid tomorrow night?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Took it right on the chin.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Shouldn't have shook all those hands, the absolute spaffer

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
TIBFKS

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Seeing the killer virus play-by-play laid out like this is pretty scary, makes me want to be more of a recluse than I normally am, don't fancy going through even a fraction of all this.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Posting on a :yosnice: page.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just been told that as he's not on a ventilator he's probably going to survive

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Bardeh posted:

If he needs tubing, don't the stats say he's more likely to die than not?

e: apparently not intubated yet, but if he's rapidly worsening it would seem to be that it's near inevitable given what we know about how the disease progresses in these serious cases

https://twitter.com/VinnyMcAv/status/1247241919056490499

Last figures from the NHS had it only being a 40% survival rate for people admitted to ICU who are Obese (which BoJo is).

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

The 50/50 impending death of the PM has caused the pound to drop by 0.2% lol

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
2020 is loving wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism