Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
how did Raab end up second in command? He was one of the least memorable characters from the cast of Brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Because he's a fanatical loonie

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What happened to that defence minister with the spider? He seemed like a high tier psycho who'd do well under Boris he seems to have completely disappeared

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wasn't williamson a May acolyte until the leak? he runs Education now lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He got fired for leaking from a National Security Council meeting and is now Education Secretary

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

A good rule of thumb with media reporting is that if an official source is confirming things officially it's to shape the story in the most favourable way possible. That means 'rushed to hospital for testing'; was the best possible way to spin the story which is... not so good. You do not get ambulanced to hospital late on a sunday night for 'routine tests' PM or not lol. CT scanning his lungs or w/e is just gonna tell them what they already know, he's got the rona real bad.

If there was any possible way to keep him in no. 10 they would have; both because the already volatile markets have woken up to a monday morning leader of 'PM to die soon' and because every freak in the tory hierarchy will now be on manoeuvres to prepare for the possibility of a post-Boris world.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i am once again offering my services to britain as pm or king

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Squizzle posted:

i am once again offering my services to britain as pm or king

Sorry, you're not inbred enough

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
if COVID-19 takes out your fat, racist, blonde fancy lad and leaves ours alone I’m gonna ship myself to Ireland in a box of Ventilators

twoday
May 4, 2005

Rustybear posted:

A good rule of thumb with media reporting is that if an official source is confirming things officially it's to shape the story in the most favourable way possible. That means 'rushed to hospital for testing'; was the best possible way to spin the story which is... not so good. You do not get ambulanced to hospital late on a sunday night for 'routine tests' PM or not lol. CT scanning his lungs or w/e is just gonna tell them what they already know, he's got the rona real bad.

If there was any possible way to keep him in no. 10 they would have; both because the already volatile markets have woken up to a monday morning leader of 'PM to die soon' and because every freak in the tory hierarchy will now be on manoeuvres to prepare for the possibility of a post-Boris world.

Hold your horses! I don’t mean to be a buzzkill, but let’s take a look at the evidence before we jump to conclusions. Firstly,

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1247135602509783042?s=20

Those are normal reasons to keep somebody in the hospital overnight, sounds like everything is perfectly fine.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-boris-johnson-in-good-spirits-after-comfortable-night-in-hospital-11969302

quote:

Boris Johnson is in "good spirits" after spending a "comfortable" night in hospital and remains there under observation, Downing Street has said.

The prime minister's official spokesman said he continues to lead the government and has been working on official papers from his hospital bed.

His spokesman declined to give any details of the treatment Mr Johnson has received - or when he might be discharged.

"The prime minister was admitted to hospital for tests last night as a precaution," he said.

He even brought along some paperwork to work on while he just hangs, as we all tend to do whenever we go to hospital for no particular reason. So far, so good.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...m_content=22278

quote:

It is understood that Mr Johnson was driven to St Thomas’ Hospital, across the Thames from Westminster, at about 8pm, and given oxygen treatment.

And don’t we all need a bit of fresh air after being cooped up inside all week? Who could blame him?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-5218022...&at_campaign=64

quote:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "still very much in charge of the government" despite spending the night in hospital with coronavirus, Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has said

And once again, just another routine thing that people say when everything is fine and the head of state is not dying

So I think you may have jumped the gun there, I’m pretty sure Bojo is doing fine and will return home from doing his routine tests any day now.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

they'll probably put him on an ecmo or something before they let him die because he's the PM

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

it would still be really funny if he died though, like I'm not gonna apologize for that poo poo and I'm not gonna take it back

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

multijoe posted:

What happened to that defence minister with the spider? He seemed like a high tier psycho who'd do well under Boris he seems to have completely disappeared

He tried to be a manipulative snake but was incredibly poo poo at it and ended up alienating every potential ally

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
They won't let him die, worst case they would put him on life support and leave him as a vegetable until it is no longer politically expedient for the tories to keep him around.

I just want him to be lucid enough for someone to ask him how that herd immunity plan is coming along.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dravs posted:

They won't let him die, worst case they would put him on life support and leave him as a vegetable until it is no longer politically expedient for the tories to keep him around.

I just want him to be lucid enough for someone to ask him how that herd immunity plan is coming along.

If he's a vegetable, does the mace become the acting Prime Minister?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The domain https://www.isborisjohnsondeadyet.com has been bought by somebody fyi

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dravs posted:

Lol just lmao that people are not getting that Starmers actual beliefs or policies make no difference what so ever.

If Corbyn was a well spoken knight of the realm who had gone to Oxbridge and had some posho name and was prepared to lie to the media in interviews he would have been voted in by a landslide. The dumb dumbs that make up the majority of the electorate just want to be ruled by someone related to royalty because it makes them feel better to think there are a class of people who are simply better than they are and will make choices in their best interest. They don't want to have to think about this stuff too hard.

This is extremely depressing for me and several times I have had to just walk away from all media because it has really been getting to me how loving stupid a large part of the country is.

Yeah

The despair is like a sucking wound at the moment

EDIT - Bojo going Full Covo was a pleasant surprise, tho

life comes at you fast

possibly the other thing too

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

multijoe posted:

have you heard of the ck2 education trait 'flamboyant schemer'

Rustybear posted:

this is actually an interesting point - with johnson out of commission there's going to be a huge stab-fest in the cabinet as they all position themselves to take over if he ends up leaving the game more permanently. has anyone checked gove to see if amphibians are vulnerable to covid-19?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:rip: bojo

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

has anyone checked gove to see if amphibians are vulnerable to covid-19?

he keeps walking into doors and walls right now because his eyes have rolled back in his head like a shark's.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pipski posted:

he keeps walking into doors and walls right now because his eyes have rolled back in his head like a shark's.

i did it for you mao

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dravs posted:

twoday
May 4, 2005

They can probably give some plasma with antibodies, wonder if that works

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It will end up with Bojo needing a constant stream of fresh antibody transfusions, and they'll keep the virus going in the population for decades just to have a steady supply of donors.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hard to believe that both charles and boris are dead

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
just stuff his bloated near-lifeless body full of that drug trump keeps banging on about

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

twoday posted:

They can probably give some plasma with antibodies, wonder if that works

I literally just, today, resigned from a job with a company working on this. There's a consortium of pharma companies trying to develop unbranded therapeutic hyper immune globulins for COVID, but one of the big difficulties is finding enough people who've survived it, due to lack of testing. It'll take some time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

if COVID-19 takes out your fat, racist, blonde fancy lad and leaves ours alone I’m gonna ship myself to Ireland in a box of Ventilators

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

twoday posted:

How did he look?

Well, he looks like a hobo that's been dragged out of a canal at the best of times, so it's kind of hard to tell.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1247200300743766017?s=19

https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1247206592757534725?s=1

hmm

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Can we get a moment of applause and revelry in solemn memorial for this dead hero

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SorePotato posted:

Can we get a moment of applause and revelry in solemn memorial for this dead hero

a virus isnt really alive or dead in the usual senses of the words

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbp3k3rYMs4

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lol has raab just bluffed the rest of the cabinet that johnson is still in charge while building up his own support

that's enough of a psycho move that i actually sort of respect it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Schrodinger's Prime Minister

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

brexit claims another PM

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the United Kingdom has 0-1 prime ministers and an unknown number of prime ministerial children.

remember, tories, to stab other tories in the back at arm's length. a quick lunge, then back off before they cough at you.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

apparently he's in the ICU:

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1247240533115670529?s=20

weird! it sounds like a serious illness and not something you just take on the chin and get over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
when johnson dies and they write his obituary, how many children will they say he's survived by