Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bats are fine, it's the wily pangolin we have to worry about.

So those pangolin petting zoos I built were not the best idea then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Bats are bugs

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Pangolin uses virus it’s super effective

naem
May 29, 2011

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Not gonna lie, I laughed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

So those pangolin petting zoos I built were not the best idea then?

Probably best built in bat country.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Rolo posted:

There wasn’t more than 1 person in each aisle, most of them had masks and they had a person in self checkout wiping the screens after each use.

By the way folks, the stylus you use for your phone or tablet works just as well on touchscreen payment kiosks. I got one on Amazon it was like 5 bucks and I take it with me to the stores so I don't have to touch the nasty rear end payment screen or the attached pen that everyone uses. When I'm done I just wipe the tip with some purell or Lysol wipe.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Bats are also important pollinators. We aren't doing so great with pollinators

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Charliegrs posted:

When I'm done I just wipe the tip

this guy gets it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Qingming Festival, also known as Tomb-Sweeping Day."

There are going to be like 10 rounds of this

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Well he's probably hosed then.

" of 165 patients treated in critical care in England, Wales and Northern Ireland since the end of February, 79 died, while 86 survived and were discharged."

from https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/28/coronavirus-intensive-care-uk-patients-50-per-cent-survival-rate

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

how does anyone even find that enjoyable

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

Well he's probably hosed then.

" of 165 patients treated in critical care in England, Wales and Northern Ireland since the end of February, 79 died, while 86 survived and were discharged."

from https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/28/coronavirus-intensive-care-uk-patients-50-per-cent-survival-rate

i think there are a whole nother set of stats for the rich and elite on our planet unfortunately

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sweet thursday posted:

This is like every picture of a Chinese tourist attraction I've ever seen.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

Bats are also important pollinators. We aren't doing so great with pollinators

So are male mosquitoes but nobody's talking about the noble blood sacrifice to keep the flowers alive

FriedMyBrain
Dec 31, 2019

by Cyrano4747
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/06/democrat-karen-whitsett-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trump/2955430001/

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

going to fill up those tombs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Andrast posted:

how does anyone even find that enjoyable

same thing is gonna happen everywhere after lockdown is lifted to be honest. i'm gonna stay in for a couple of weeks to avoid the crowds.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

So is he still in charge? Or is like the US how when the president is incapacitated the Vice President takes over?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Mnoba posted:

i think there are a whole nother set of stats for the rich and elite on our planet unfortunately

He's gonna get trump pills?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
How is that bridge holding up is my question

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Charliegrs posted:

So is he still in charge? Or is like the US how when the president is incapacitated the Vice President takes over?

Dominic Raab is acting as prime minister.

This is not a good thing

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Boris Johnson is only 55? Wow. Being a hateful piece of poo poo really does age you poorly.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

sweet thursday posted:

The Human Problem will solve itself, they say.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Tarquinn posted:

don’t u laugh as the hearse goes by.... 4 u may be... the next 2 die...

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bats are fine, it's the sexy pangolin we have to worry about.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Woman Who Claimed Coronavirus Was ‘Media Driven’ Hoax Dies From COVID-19

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Picnic Princess posted:

Boris Johnson is only 55? Wow. Being a hateful piece of poo poo really does age you poorly.

Wait what?
I thought more like 65?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

thatguy posted:

So are male mosquitoes but nobody's talking about the noble blood sacrifice to keep the flowers alive

Actually, mosquitoes are critical in many ecosystems because tons of frogs and fish and things depend on eating their aquatic larvae. In some ecosystems mosquito larvae make up most of the food for other things to eat in the spring.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Picnic Princess posted:

Just wait until you look up Jacob Reese-Mogg.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I don't think we really need frogs and we can probably feed the fish corn and palm oil pellets, but only the tasty fish.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think we shouldn't eradicate bats because the chinese eat pangolins guys

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mrfart posted:

So will there be a babyboom in 9 months time. Because people got caged up together and just started copulating, or will common sense prevail, and will the birthrate drop because it’s not a great time to have a kid? Or people couldn’t hook up and accidentally get pregnant?

We're running out of condoms. :ohdear: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-28/the-world-could-be-running-out-of-condoms-because-of-pandemic

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What foods besides hard boiled eggs are also better drenched in piss?

I bet all of them.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tarquinn posted:

The responses to this news are mixed:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Got a facebook ad last night that I'm pretty salty about. https://www.facebook.com/106307037627266/videos/3045691408828137/

This is just a straight up scam, right? The masks being handed out in the beginning of the video aren't N95 masks at all, just surgical masks. The "improved" mask isn't for infection control, it's for pollution. One of the testimonials is a white guy saying he got sick and wore it at home it to protect his family -- but the thing has 2 unfiltered valves and would do little to protect those around you.

They tell you to buy them here: https://hotproductsales.com/pages/net-pro Wow! That's expensive. And familiar . . .

It's a very common mask design which is all over ecommerce sites for 1/4 the price.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000875057899.html -- the same exact picture used for changing the filters
These aren't medical masks, they are sold as dust masks, pollution masks, and cycling masks. They do nothing to prevent a carrier from spreading the virus all over their environment.

:mad:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bleusilences posted:

It's idiots or assholes. At least the assholes are not idiots, sometimes.

when

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

lol at anybody not rawdoggin these days anyway

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

poverty goat posted:

Actually, mosquitoes are critical in many ecosystems because tons of frogs and fish and things depend on eating their aquatic larvae. In some ecosystems mosquito larvae make up most of the food for other things to eat in the spring.

it's a good thing we don't need to eliminate ALL mosquitoes (just the species that carry poo poo like west nile)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247129414485397504

are we at the point yet where people who knowingly joined cruises while this poo poo is going on should be ridiculed or are these cases still people out to sea for months?

What ever happened to Burt's cruise ship anyway? That was supposed to be around mid march, wasn't it? Be cool to know what happened in the alternate reality where Burt didn't cancel.