Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

shes bored being at home and is finding excuses to go out and socialize with people. a lot of people i know are having spouses who are super insistent they have to go inside grocery stores for over an hour instead of doing curbside pickup and the only rational reason is they're unwilling to admit they want to pretend everything is normal

Curbside pickup p much doesn't exist anymore tho, and you just get whatever they have which is random now

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

He's not wrong.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

from the econ thread but feels appropriate to xpost...another one of these:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BeefThief posted:

:sever:

Seriously dude this is a lot of red flags. If it's difficult to convince her that she shouldn't work for 90 dollars a week in a head shop during the pandemic maybe you should call it quits.

i'm gonna send her this article. i love her but like, characterizing this as though i'm being selfish or controlling, is like, really blowing my loving mind. i didn't think this would be a problem after the headshop engaged in some outrageous indiscretions towards the rest of their employees but i could even overlook that lack of solidarity because you know, in normal times, its good to have that supplemental income

but these aren't normal times and if i kill my parents for someone i've been dating nine months i'll be beyond devastated. i don't understand why she can't accept that

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

they say laughter is the best medicine, so laughing my rear end off as bojo dies was prescribed by my doctor

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
holy loving poo poo bojo really is in the icu

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

rand has to be dead by now, right?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1247254690481549312

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

i'm gonna send her this article. i love her but like, characterizing this as though i'm being selfish or controlling, is like, really blowing my loving mind. i didn't think this would be a problem after the headshop engaged in some outrageous indiscretions towards the rest of their employees but i could even overlook that lack of solidarity because you know, in normal times, its good to have that supplemental income

but these aren't normal times and if i kill my parents for someone i've been dating nine months i'll be beyond devastated. i don't understand why she can't accept that

If she's doing this she won't be able to isolate even without the job, I know people like this and they still hang out at each other's houses and poo poo

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

nyt needle, but for bojo's chances for survival

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/cabel/status/1247248504499474432

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

guessing boris shouldn't have licked every surface in the hospital to show his alpha male strength

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

i'm lollin here

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

poor boris. not so invincible anymore.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

the sowing/reaping tweet would be apropos for boris

never thought leopards would eat my face etc

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Important to note with that table he is also male and obese

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spoondick posted:

they say laughter is the best medicine, so laughing my rear end off as bojo dies was prescribed by my doctor

It would be a great Trumpian tragi-comedy ending for this political career.

Virus is fake news, I refuse to practice social distancing because it's all a media hype fraud!

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Frog Act posted:

hate to break it to you but unless you two live together you shouldn’t be seeing each other in person anyway, especially with at risk people in the house

so stop being an idiot and well actually’ing her, either move in with her temporarily or do long distance

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

serious question how can they tell if boris is conscious or not

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
where is that video of the pub chant about boris dying?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

whoa is that a Stanzo?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao from gip the secnav speech to the roosevelt crew

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1247198856523198464

:lol:

This is wilddddd.

Tag yourselves, I'm the sailor yelling "WHAT THE gently caress?" when Modly calls Crozier stupid.

this is tremendous content

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

thanks guys. you're right that headshop is not a dispensary, it's just a bong and eliquid store. i love her very much but i love my parents too. I just don't know how to convince her not to do this. loving hell

Just joining the chorus of "you're right". I know it really sucks. I can't see my partner because he won't take this seriously enough imo and I'd rather not see him for a month or two than risk it. She needs to accept your decision not to see her and try to maintain your love at a distance if she insists on making an irresponsible choice.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If your partners can't take basic steps in a pandemic fuckin sever Jesus it's not hard

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i just flipped a coin and

rip boris johnson

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao Captian Crozier was popular with the carrier crew but the navy in typical upper management fashion get a meltdown when they got called out for being complete pricks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

shovelbum posted:

If your partners can't take basic steps in a pandemic fuckin sever Jesus it's not hard

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Corona Borisealis

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

deadwing posted:

i just flipped a coin and

rip boris johnson

It's in a superposition until they release the white smoke

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
saving my beer for when bojo dies

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndyShain/status/1247258999239708676

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

so many lovely would-be-supervillains

https://twitter.com/statnews/status/1247226521791746049

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Case numbers are mostly meaningless anyways but Massachusetts numbers are on just shy of 4500 tests so basically a 30% positive rate.

https://twitter.com/mikesacconetv/status/1247253278662045696

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol wow this this is gonna get our of control and we'll be lucky to survive it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE CHUNNEL

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Homeless Friend posted:

why is there no "us military launches coup attempt before end of 2020" on predictit yet?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Case numbers are mostly meaningless anyways but Massachusetts numbers are on just shy of 4500 tests so basically a 30% positive rate.

https://twitter.com/mikesacconetv/status/1247253278662045696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

*buys laboratory that develops a cure, sells it for $10,000 per dose*