Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
You can't breathe with your lungs full of water you BoJo! Unless you got powers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lessail posted:

saving my beer for when bojo dies

A NHS worker walking by a wheezing Bojo on a ventilator would be one hell of a test for the Hippocratic oath.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1247247363577499648

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
People who can't handle self isolation in America are essentially tiger king characters who don't have the balls to live out their malignant individualist fantasies at scale

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Epic High Five posted:

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE CHUNNEL

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao from gip the secnav speech to the roosevelt crew

this is tremendous content

mutiny u cucks

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Case numbers are mostly meaningless anyways but Massachusetts numbers are on just shy of 4500 tests so basically a 30% positive rate.

https://twitter.com/mikesacconetv/status/1247253278662045696

huh? that says ~14k positive out of ~77k

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

hearts racing

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone found data breaks down US covid mortality rates by age so far? I can only find stuff from the primarily Wuhan/Hubei data from earlier in march that lays it out clearly.

Just trying to put together some info to sledgehammer over some 70 year old boomers I know to convince them that they really should close down their landscaping business for a while. Instead of what they're doing now, which is trying to contort the local rules to justify why taking a crew of workers out to cut rich people's grass counts as important sanitation and safety work lol

And yes I am well aware literally nothing will work short of one of them getting infected or one of their close friends dying but I feel morally obligated to try!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

wow just what the world needs right now another price gouging pharma fuckhead

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

yeah no-one just pops into the ICU for a precaution

Plenty of people are admitted to ICU for observation or continuous monitoring.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!
where do we get the survival rate for ventilator patients from? It's 20% right?

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

New Suicide Squad sounding lame as gently caress

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

etalian posted:

A NHS worker walking by a wheezing Bojo on a ventilator would be one hell of a test for the Hippocratic oath.

imagine being the ICU nurse who has to tend to him after enduring his naked gutting of the NHS, not sure if i could do it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

boris dying after earnestly pushing for Herd Immunity is one of the greatest examples of raw justice to ever happen

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kidkissinger posted:

where do we get the survival rate for ventilator patients from? It's 20% right?

Yeah plus I believe getting put on a ventilator is also associated with a higher risk of developing chronc health conditions even if you survive.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Sure but not in the middle of the covid pandemic. ICUs are pretty stretched thin right now, and many other wards are being hastily converted into ICUs to cope with COVID patient intake. I can't really see him being put there unless it's serious.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

makin the good vibes die faster than Bojo in the ICU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

imagine being the ICU nurse who has to tend to him after enduring his naked gutting of the NHS, not sure if i could do it

I'm no medical professional but if some fool decided to give me a license to practice medicine I would very much enjoy being as plausibly deniably negligent as possible in that position

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

not to mention hes a world leader (lol) so they’re almost certainly being extra cautious

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Sure but not in the middle of the covid pandemic. ICUs are pretty stretched thin right now, and many other wards are being hastily converted into ICUs to cope with COVID patient intake. I can't really see him being put there unless it's serious.

the rich and powerful don't play by normal person rules

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

i don't think the icus being "stretched thin" matters when you're boris johnson but it is funny to imagine him being at the mercy of people who saw the damage his policies caused first hand

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

deadwing posted:

still, this disease doesn't care much for those rules either.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Boris said he was feeling better so at this point he is not dying of the virus, he is dying of his own immune system

ergo the number shouldn't go up

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE CHUNNEL

Thread name.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

fosborb posted:

I've been shitposting elsewhere about large companies not being prepared at all to restructure management to prepare for the massive psychological damage being inflicted on their employees, even if they aren't laying off anyone, and meanwhile all site-based socialization like employee resource groups, mentorships, volunteering, etc are all cancelled or at best replaced with the occasional zoom-based bingo hour

and now Marketplace wants to do an interview with me lol ive been loving owned

lol

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

COVID-19 TASKFORCE SUICIDE SQUAD ROLL CALL

Martin Shkreli
Ryan Lochte
James Holmes
Sheriff "Joe" Arpaio
James O'Keefe
The BTK Strangler

and introduced in the Act 3 plot twist...thats right boys...he's back......

Jeffery Epstein :smug:

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1247261746626277376

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

But NUMBER go up?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

deadwing posted:

unless you are literally taken off the intubator because of triage where a rich person would not, there is literally 0 advantage that being rich will afford you against this.

in fact if you look at Idaho for example, being wealthy and having a jet set lifestyle is what gave you the virus in the first place. The big outbreak here is in Sun Valley in all the rich fucks

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1247262151271682054?s=20

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Idiot did this to himself by shaking hands with a entire hospital.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1247262151271682054

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

same roommate who brought his covid-positive-roommate-having gf in our apt is now insisting on having a technician from our ISP come to our apartment tomorrow because our internet speed has been garbage recently. I keep trying to tell him that everyone's internet speed is garbage rn and that the technician will do nothing but spread covid to us but this dude seemingly will stop at nothing to introduce covid to our apartment.

also rip bojo

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

boris dying after earnestly pushing for Herd Immunity is one of the greatest examples of raw justice to ever happen

Which is exactly why it won't happen. Hellworld, baby!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

honestly i bet someone said ICU when they meant CCU.

with the hospital group where I was doing my rotations they're specifically NOT sending pulmonary patients to the ICU because that's where PSA live unless they have to. They're safer in pulm critical care.

like there's a reason we're seeing huge spikes in pneumonia deaths, and it's ventilator/hospital acquired pneumonia.

or they might just operate differently in the UK who knows.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Crusader posted:

serious question how can they tell if boris is conscious or not

If he's drinking or loving something then he's probably conscious.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Sardonik posted:

Which is exactly why it won't happen. Hellworld, baby!

not only that but we're 3 months from headlines like "Boris Johnson Slashes Salaries Of ICU Workers Who Saved His Life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this seems to be escalating like some of the more severe cases I've heard described