Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

alphabettitouretti posted:

If he's drinking or loving something then he's probably conscious.

brave of all those journalists to send their wives in to check if he's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

:vince:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/zedtivx/status/1247249354273861635

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I'm no expert or anything but isn't there a very, very low survival rate once one is at a point where they need a ventilator

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

friendly 2 da void posted:

COVID-19 TASKFORCE SUICIDE SQUAD ROLL CALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

this seems to be escalating like some of the more severe cases I've heard described

that’s a rando tweet quoting an imaging professor who I assume is either made up or not involved in the dickhead’s care

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

this seems to be escalating like some of the more severe cases I've heard described

what's the survival rate once on a vent?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1247262151271682054

e: me and my slow post

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1247262151271682054?s=20

Circle that drain, baby

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oxsnard posted:

what's the survival rate once on a vent?

20% according to someone earlier itt

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Tei posted:

Idiot did this to himself by shaking hands with a entire hospital.

also by appointing fascist psychopath grifter advisors who convinced him to do the worst thing possible

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Lpzie posted:

poor boris. not so invincible anymore.

a_pineapple has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Apr 6, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

cheese eats mouse posted:

brain finally broke

welcome home

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pobrecito posted:

same roommate who brought his covid-positive-roommate-having gf in our apt is now insisting on having a technician from our ISP come to our apartment tomorrow because our internet speed has been garbage recently. I keep trying to tell him that everyone's internet speed is garbage rn and that the technician will do nothing but spread covid to us but this dude seemingly will stop at nothing to introduce covid to our apartment.

also rip bojo
Call the isp and warn them

twoday
May 4, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

i think the original meme is from ghana but some people are using jazz funeral clips instead

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dancing-pallbearers
yeah Ghana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jql4Z6ob_tw

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

MISTER CASUAL KHAKIS

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

Failson posted:

Is Geeert's head getting bigger?

yes, always, he looks like a cheat code from nintendo 64 Golden Eye at this point

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Schnorkles posted:

unless you are literally taken off the intubator because of triage where a rich person would not, there is literally 0 advantage that being rich will afford you against this.

in fact if you look at Idaho for example, being wealthy and having a jet set lifestyle is what gave you the virus in the first place. The big outbreak here is in Sun Valley in all the rich fucks

You're right only at the moment of intubation. You're wrong about every single thing leading up to that point like, for example, having lifetime access to preventative care, monitoring & medications that would manage or outright prevent comorbid conditions, and how early you were willing & able to seek help once the covid got severe.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I found Boris in the ground.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Is there an actual source for that other than some twitter rando.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Me, in two weeks, clicking on a tweet:
TWEET: a clip plays of boris bragging about shaking hands with every infected patient then cuts to his casket being lowered into the ground while the curb theme music is dubbed over
INTERNAL NARRATION: Two bourbon trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved this tremendous content.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

twoday posted:

yes, always, he looks like a cheat code from nintendo 64 Golden Eye at this point

he looks like someone tried to make geert wilders in the skyrim character creator

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
becoming prime monster to own the libs myself

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Being part of like 5-10% means you are probably more likely to get the virus but if you are a 1% you've been living your entire life waiting for the financial collapse and the guillotines that come with it and have your own bunker with armed guards waiting for just this moment.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Boris Johnson dying is gonna be the defining moment of this whole event and I’m gonna enjoy every loving minute of it lmao

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I'm no expert or anything but isn't there a very, very low survival rate once one is at a point where they need a ventilator

Apparently ~20%

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

right now boris' alcohol ravaged liver is swelling, slowing down the flow of blood throughout his entire body.

the body's immune system is rushing fluid to his lungs, where it's mixing with the sloughed off tissue that used to be his alveoli.

he's lying face down in his bed, because it makes it easier to breathe. the fluid is flowing downward because of gravity and swelling his scrotum and testicles grotesquely.

they will have preemptively cath'd him in case the swelling from fluid and his engorged prostate would later make it untenable.

he is being started on prophylactic broad spectrum abx. the meropenem will turn the lining of his gi tract into a slurry. Since he's prone, that will back up too, further complicating matters. they'll have to pump the poo poo out of him with a tube because he won't be a candidate for surgery

his heart will eventually give out from beating against the fluid overload, and he'll be put on IV pressors. the drugs will make his heart beast faster and his arteries constrict, stabilizing his blood pressure. after a day his fingers and toes will start to turn black and necrotise.

his penis as well, but no one will bother to check because they won't want to deal with it.

this is what he has to look forward to

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Like I feel like there would be news station twitters blaring that he likely needs to be on a ventilator. Not just a random dude.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
we can do it cspam we can will bojo dying of corona-chan into reality

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

didnt realize when the surgeon general said this would be our own 9/11 that he meant a funny thing where we cheered and memed at a guy who died

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pobrecito posted:

same roommate who brought his covid-positive-roommate-having gf in our apt is now insisting on having a technician from our ISP come to our apartment tomorrow because our internet speed has been garbage recently. I keep trying to tell him that everyone's internet speed is garbage rn and that the technician will do nothing but spread covid to us but this dude seemingly will stop at nothing to introduce covid to our apartment.

also rip bojo

I don't think that's true, your roommate is going to give COVID to the technician instead.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:laffo:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Telsa Cola posted:

Is there an actual source for that other than some twitter rando.

'twitter rando' is the most trusted breaking news source

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://soundcloud.com/user-275864738/viral-counterpoint-of-the-coronavirus-spike-protein-2019-ncov

quote:

While we cannot see small nanoscopic objects like proteins or other molecules that make up virtually all living matter including our cells, tissues, as well as pathogens such as viruses, our computational algorithm allows us to make its material manifestation audible. This piece is a musical representation of the amino acid sequence and structure of the spike protein of the pathogen of COVID-19, 2019-nCoV (protein data bank identifier 6VSB [1]).

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Feeling sorry for Boris Johnson's unborn child, now robbed of having a dedicated and loving father in their life.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Being part of like 5-10% means you are probably more likely to get the virus but if you are a 1% you've been living your entire life waiting for the financial collapse and the guillotines that come with it and have your own bunker with armed guards waiting for just this moment.

armed guards are as bad as bandits once money loses value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
historical events are dumb as hell