Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Al-Saqr posted:

loving awesome that a kid doesn’t have to be raised by Bojo lol.

Kid wasnt going to be raised by him anyway.

So does the cabinet wait till the corpse is cold before they start manoevering for the leadership?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Who gives a poo poo about his poo poo girlfriend and honestly loving awesome that a kid doesn’t have to be raised by Bojo lol.

He's been present in literally none of his kids lives so this will not be any different. He's the Well funded NHS of parents: Imaginary.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

I can't imagine anyone ITT typing the phrase "lackadaisical insoucience"

E: Including me because I can't spell it.

I don't even know how you'd pronounce it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

So... what do they think the system is if not the people within it? Because that's a fairly basic point in both anarchist philosophy and almost all modern sociology.

The people are the system, if you picked a million other people and dumped them in the same rules and constructs you'd have a different system. Or as my nan used to say, if we were both born in China we'd be having this conversation in Chinese.

I think the way they view it is that they just take the system as a state of nature, you see it with a lot of the justifications about how you can never do away with hierarchies or that there'll always be someone on top better just try to make sure it's someone decent. Like the implication is that the problem can't be with that mode of organization or if it is, there's nothing you can do to change that so it's not worth thinking about, the only thing you can do is try to fiddle to make sure that you end up with a philosopher king rather than a mad dictator. Complaining about why we need to have either is like complaining about the existence of gravity.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 6, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

marktheando posted:

I don't think a PM has died in office or got divorced in office for a good century or two. And Boris is going to do both!

Campbell-Bannerman, I think. Though he might've resigned first.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

I don't even know how you'd pronounce it.

in-soo-see-enss

or in-soo-shunss I guess, depending on your accent. I think pratchett used it to describe a mustache one time.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If Nadine Dorries kills the prime minster does that mean she gets to be the next prime minister?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

in-soo-see-enss

or in-soo-shunss I guess, depending on your accent. I think pratchett used it to describe a mustache one time.

I was once described as Insouciant Moustache Guy by an Irish website, the description has troubled me ever since

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was once described as Insouciant Moustache Guy by an Irish website, the description has troubled me ever since

That's literally the only time I've heard it used otherwise and I'm sure it was from a pratchett book.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oh no covo lowblow bojo! Go show woe fo bojo beau!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I thought "Johnson's hole" sounded vaguely familiar. Turns out it's a crap hiking trail in Utah, and I was actually thinking of "Jackson's Hole".

Anyway, my point is the mass grave in Hyde park is getting named after Boris.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/chrismasonbbc/status/1247268884048199680?s=21

I really do think he's gonna die if he hasn't already

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Nothingtoseehere posted:

They reported it yesterday, when it wasn't true. Their predictions subsequently happening doesn't not make an earlier report bullshit.

Oh for sure, man. I don't believe that for a second.

Theodyn
Oct 12, 2012

I like all kinds of alcohol. Except schnapps. Schnapps can go to hell.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Oh no covo lowblow bojo! Go show woe fo bojo beau!

Gesundheit.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

winegums posted:

I'm not convinced any of the shitshow of replacements in the tory party would want to take over once boris RIPs outa here. Brexit was bad enough, but at least they could massage things with their extensive control of the media. Pretty hard to bullshit and blame brussels on the massive loving body count but obviously they'll try.

same landmass as china not island like grate britten :smug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well i guess someone from Tesco is reading this thread (or my mind) because today i discovered that not only have they got one in, one out on the go, but they also implemented a one way system around the store with floor plans indicating a 2m distance.

Shelves were fully stocked, no-one was panic buying but despite all of this it didn't stop the olds ignoring the system and going up and down the aisles however the gently caress they pleased or from congregating at the ends of them having a natter with eachother while blocking everyone else's way.

Staff weren't doing poo poo to these people though. What's the point of putting new policies in place if you aren't going to enforce them.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If the NHS gets Boris through this; it could be worth, at a much later date, just casually checking up with him on the election promises for new hospitals and nurses.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Store policy is generally you have to be as grovelling as possible to people unless you're security. It would probably take a lot of training to change that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just heard an important Boris statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_GgowniQWk

Lmao

Many thanks, always happy for an excuse to jam out to Boris. DAT RIFF DADDIO. In fact you've inspired me to put on Heavy Rocks.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Anyone that doesn't find BoJo's massively karmic possible death incredibly funny is deffo 'reluctantly' joining the White Army come the rev.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Was worried I was being too glib about Boris dying like a dog but then I had a nurse tell me about the reality of the wards in the NHS right now and I genuinely hope Boris suffers immeasurably.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

What are the people in this thread going to pray for though?

Him having a revelation that causing pointless suffering is bad?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Lightningproof posted:

Anyone that doesn't find BoJo's massively karmic possible death incredibly funny is deffo 'reluctantly' joining the White Army come the rev.

I don't find most things funny any more really. It's just all without meaning and so preventable.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril/status/377104270627446785?s=20

A dril for every occasion

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
He will die alone, drowning in his own mucus.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

endlessmonotony posted:

What are the people in this thread going to pray for though?

Him having a revelation that causing pointless suffering is bad?

Don't think about it. Just enjoy the Simpsons joke.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
move over Gibbo, Kirky is the new hotness

https://twitter.com/xzxzlewis/status/1247250825057054720

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Not believing anything til I hear it from Ricey and the lads.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Boris Johnson, dying in an overcrowded, understaffed hospital tent ward, without medical equipment while a nurse who's worked a 20 hour shift wearing a bin liner and a cowboy hat as PPE administers him home-made calpol through a mcdonalds bendy straw: "Well well well, if it is isn't the consequences of me and my parties own actions..."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OwlFancier posted:

Store policy is generally you have to be as grovelling as possible to people unless you're security. It would probably take a lot of training to change that.

You'd think so, but I was trying to ask the security guard a question while standing 2m away and he stepped closer to answer because god forbid we just talk a little loudly while respecting common sense.

No one's taking this properly seriously and we're all going to get this eventually.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glad to hear Kirky doesn't play pranks. Sounds nice.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't think about it. Just enjoy the Simpsons joke.

I find the thinking about it enlightening.

You're supposed to pray for the soul, not the flesh, and that man's soul is incredibly stained. If you were to be a genuine believer and pray for him, what, exactly, would you pray for?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Every time the news shows the footage of Johnson talking from isolation I find myself waiting for some sharply dressed Ghanaian lads to fade into view.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

stev posted:

I've been out of the loop, who's the TERF he appointed?

Jo Stevens.

Won't support reform of the GRA because she thinks trans rights groups are "abusive and divisive", and she has lots of legitimate concerns etc etc

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Kin posted:

Well i guess someone from Tesco is reading this thread (or my mind) because today i discovered that not only have they got one in, one out on the go, but they also implemented a one way system around the store with floor plans indicating a 2m distance.

Same round here. The guys on the door have obviously been told to be extra jovial about everything and to be fair are doing a good job. All the rest of them do seem to be quite into enforcing the rules and being proactive. What I'm worried about is in the future they won't want to give up their new found authority and shopping is going to be a right faff, getting bossed around by a bunch of little broccoli Nazis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The guys dancing with the coffin is absolutely the mood for 2020 thus far.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I heard Boris Johnson is in intensive care. A man who caused so much misery and wanted to cause even more by way of claiming herd immunity, this is justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What pisses me off is Raab's loving "oh he's totally fine, running the country from his hospital bed, just hasn't bothered to check in with his deputy" nonsense is clearly bollocks. They could have refused to update us, could have just asked for privacy. But instead they lied and nobody's gonna call them out on it.