Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Glad to see that boris is gonna go through with his dead in a ditch promise after agreeing to extend brexit after all. man is true to his word, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

loving :lol:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Struggling to think what they'll play in the Boris memorial reel. Him being racist in HIGNFY, or being racist and pissed somewhere else? So many choices

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Struggling to think what they'll play in the Boris memorial reel. Him being racist in HIGNFY, or being racist and pissed somewhere else? So many choices

OwlFancier posted:

We're gonna need to bust out the kate mclaughlin with pictures of HIGNFY, the boris bus, him hiding in a fridge, then his cofffin.

E: I guess I mean sarah mclachlan.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Boris waving a big union flag at the Beijing Olymic closing ceremony.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wreath-laying supercut, mobile phone theft, fridge stealth, zipline

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

endlessmonotony posted:

I find the thinking about it enlightening.

You're supposed to pray for the soul, not the flesh, and that man's soul is incredibly stained. If you were to be a genuine believer and pray for him, what, exactly, would you pray for?

Theology chat warning - when it says "body" in the bible it means body and spirit. They aren't seen as separate for humans in an orthodox reading although you wouldn't know it from the way even priests etc talk about them.

Flesh is something else, the word often represents sinful desire.

Anyway.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Josef bugman posted:

I don't find most things funny any more really. It's just all without meaning and so preventable.

That's the thing that keeps striking me as of late. I know "Just A Flu Bro" is an eye rolling meme at this stage, but it basically kinda is. It's a slightly pepped up flu. It's the cold, with muscles. A disease that the majority of folks might not even notice they've contracted. Yet it's become this world-threatening, society buckling motherfucker purely because everything's been run so shoddy and cheap for so long. We can't test people because the tests are shoddily-made poo poo. We can't handle all the sick people because the NHS has been slashed to the bone. Doctors and nurses gonna start croaking because eh fuckit why would we need PPE. We can't hunker down because we gotta send folks out to make Number Go Up, and their jobs still require hella manpower because eh fuckit automation's expensive. It's going to gently caress up people who, by rights, should shake it off because public health is a luxury society never bothered investing in, and looking after yourself is only for wealthy folks. We didn't get on top of the Bojo Buggerer 4 months ago because eh, don't wanna offend the Chinese money or harm the tourist trade. We don't have a vaccine because the research didn't seem profitable so nobody bothered their arse. There's no slack or resilience in anything, because that would require expenditure and effort. Clap for the NHS tho! Pray for Bojo! Look, here's the Queen to make reassuring noises!

It's all just bloody ridiculous. I think I might go vandalise a Wetherspoon's.

Disgusting Coward fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 6, 2020

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Boris driving a JCB labelled "coronavirus" through a big pile of cardboard boxes labelled "boris's lungs"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Actually would sarah mclachlan or aerosmith be a more appropriate boris tune?

Just a giant virus crashing into boris's head.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

His scenes with a tortured Wesley in the Princess Bride were amusing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Was worried I was being too glib about Boris dying like a dog but then I had a nurse tell me about the reality of the wards in the NHS right now and I genuinely hope Boris suffers immeasurably.

Surely Bojo is going to be in some super private 5 red Michelin star clinic somewhere with antibiotic fountains and a personal team of nurses and doctors looking after him and only him rather than a general pleb hospital?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zalakwe posted:

Theology chat warning - when it says "body" in the bible it means body and spirit. They aren't seen as separate for humans in an orthodox reading although you wouldn't know it from the way even priests etc talk about them.

Anyway.

Boris is a creature of pure flesh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kin posted:

Surely Bojo is going to be in some super private 5 red Michelin star clinic somewhere with antibiotic fountains and a personal team of nurses and doctors looking after him and only him rather than a general pleb hospital?

Only if he has a death with, we don't really have those in the UK. If you want decent treatment you go to the NHS same as everyone else cos that's where all the actual difficult and not profitable medical care happens.

If he goes to a private hospital they'll stack rocks on him and yodel at him to make him better.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

endlessmonotony posted:

I find the thinking about it enlightening.

You're supposed to pray for the soul, not the flesh, and that man's soul is incredibly stained. If you were to be a genuine believer and pray for him, what, exactly, would you pray for?
The cleansing fires of purgatory.

Although that's dangerously Catholic. I don't know what the CoE equivalent is. I hope he's chased around by the big orange until he learns a lesson?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Same round here. The guys on the door have obviously been told to be extra jovial about everything and to be fair are doing a good job. All the rest of them do seem to be quite into enforcing the rules and being proactive. What I'm worried about is in the future they won't want to give up their new found authority and shopping is going to be a right faff, getting bossed around by a bunch of little broccoli Nazis.
The bouncer at the Co-Op is cool. We had a chat about his dog from a respectful distance and nobody inside was acting like a dick.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kin posted:

He's in a general pleb hospital but it's the closest one to No 10 so they probably have a special room reserved for the PM at all times. And I'm guessing he didn't have to wait hours in A&ER to be seen.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
What a story arc this guy's had over the past twenty years. Spent years biding his time to get to the top, achieving everything he'd always wanted, only to be ruined by the long-sown consequences of his own actions. Ending feels a bit rushed though

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol Laura K on BBC saying how ironically tragic it is that a month ago Bojo had no idea that the virus that was affecting people overseas would end up affecting him.

She's so close to getting it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Kin posted:

He's here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Thomas%27_Hospital

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kin posted:

Lol no private hospitals are all about elective surgeries and are poo poo at actual life saving stuff, they punt you to the NHS for that

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Great, now that Kirky got my hopes up it's not happening :(

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kin posted:

He's in St. Thomas Hospital, a teaching hospital by Westminster with >800 beds

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Maybe is Boris does people will finally start taking it seriously.

Took my dog for a walk this morning and had to dive into a hedge to avoid a pack of boomers just taking up the entire pavement to stroll along having a natter. They were casually talking about how one of their friends had been hospitalised.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Lol no private hospitals are all about elective surgeries and are poo poo at actual life saving stuff, they punt you to the NHS for that

Yeah this is really worth pointing out, private healthcare in the UK is all about poaching the medical procedures that net them money from the NHS or from the private patients overall. As soon as it looks like you might actually be ill they genuinely call an ambulance and have you pushed out the door fast as possible. they don't want the liability of their doctors having to actually do medical science on you. It's why none of the private hospitals have A and E units.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
My friend in London who works for the BBC just texted me that not only did Boris kick the bucket, but Phillip as well!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My uncle works for Nintendo and they're already making a commemorative version of Animal Crossing

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ThomasPaine posted:

having an actual falling out with my mum because i'm laughing about bojo lol

Is your London flat still available?
(Just joking)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is Dominic Cummings dead now?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kin posted:

I work on a private ward and if anything we're massively less prepared than our NHS counterparts. We just had our PPE taken by the big boss because another ward got it before us.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Hearing word that Lord Mountbatten is now being considered for acting PM

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zalakwe posted:

Anyway.

I do know all that.

It's why I chose the words I did.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

F

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i don't want boris to die for the sole reason that the daily mail or whatever will find a person on twitter making a joke about it and track them down to their house and print seven pages a day about it for two weeks and drag them into a public square where all members of the public must make a public statement denouncing this behaviour and throw an egg at them or go to jail

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Who do you think is leaking to Kirky?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

keep punching joe posted:

I doubt it. He isn't a spring chicken but he isn't obese.

Everything being run to the bone for the simple fact that it sustains just that little bit more money for those in charge, and suddenly it all coming due. It's so needless.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kin posted:

On top of all the NHS posting - even if he were the virus doesnt give a poo poo about that. A ventilator is a ventilator. Antibiotics won't help you. More nurses wont help you. You can be Jeff Bezos, your money won't keep you from the same fate as your minimum wage window cleaner. If it wants you, you're dead. This is one thing where capitalism can't save you.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Same round here. The guys on the door have obviously been told to be extra jovial about everything and to be fair are doing a good job. All the rest of them do seem to be quite into enforcing the rules and being proactive. What I'm worried about is in the future they won't want to give up their new found authority and shopping is going to be a right faff, getting bossed around by a bunch of little broccoli Nazis.

Personally, I'd love to see supermarket staff politely but vigorously enforcing keeping the aisles clear and traffic moving along purposefully becoming a permanent thing. Stopping in a chokepoint to stare blankly into space for ten minutes? Blam! £30 fine!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They don't call death the great leveler for nothing.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

OwlFancier posted:

The guys dancing with the coffin is absolutely the mood for 2020 thus far.

truer words...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

xtothez posted:

Boris needs more Likes & Shares folks! Only they can save him now!

Likes and shares are the new hopes and prayers