Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

Boris lives but during the long twilight hours floating in the void between life and death he finds God. Once he recovers the first thing Boris does is implement full Taliban-style religious law and raises the flag of jihad over Westminster

this is basically how the taiping rebellion started

quote:

In 1837 Hong Xiuquan, a Hakka from a poor mountain village, once again failed the imperial examination, frustrating his ambition to become a scholar-official in the civil service.[22][23] He returned home, fell sick and was bedridden for several days, during which he experienced mystical visions.[24][25][26] In 1843, after carefully reading a pamphlet he had received years before from a Protestant Christian missionary, Hong declared that he now understood that his vision meant that he was the younger brother of Jesus and that he had been sent to rid China of the "devils", including the corrupt Qing government and Confucian teachings

and then 30 million people died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/serious-eats-halal-cart-style-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html

I use this recipe to recreate halal cart chicken

I make real tzatziki and not the weird mayo stuff though

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Mackers posted:

I should start making my own spice paste. Normally just buy jars of it out of laziness but it's probably a lot cheaper to make a shitload myself

It will taste a lot better if you grind up whole spices as well. The powdered stuff you buy loses it's flavour really fast because of the high surface area. The very best thing (but not always possible depending on the climate where you are) is to grow your own because fresh whole spices are next level compared to the ones you get from the shops that have probably been sitting around some warehouse in India for 6 months.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1247288348995174400

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

brtain sucks so bad that even it's fake, boring not as good trump dies immediately instead of surviving despite impossible odds. i used to think that country was cool man

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Oh my god, the scruffy idiot of a prime minister is in the icu with the disease. Image if thousands of others were suffering similarly and in desperate need of icu care. Good thing I can't imagine this because my brain is tory-smooth. It sure would suck if shitloads of people were similarly getting ill and it would be worse if our grotesque pm were to take up a bed because he couldn't stop shaking hands. Haha that would be terrible

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I've heard from my sources that due to NHS budget cuts Bojo was intubated by the guy who refills the vending machines and the tube went in his stomach and now he's blown up like a balloon.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeah no poo poo doc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the Chad corono virus

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

That DICK! posted:

brtain sucks so bad that even it's fake, boring not as good trump dies immediately instead of surviving despite impossible odds. i used to think that country was cool man

The UK loving sucks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ireland seems pretty ok. ive been thinking of joining the IRA.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Is this the time to finally post my wife's awesome chai recipe?

yes please!

i could never get a good homemade chai and i even went to a chai-making class

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man the talk about chicken Tikka is making me sad because of the four five Indian places I've gotten takeout/delivery from here in DC, each and every one has been a massive disappointment :(

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

That DICK! posted:

i used to think that country was cool man

London 2012 / #piggate burst my bubble...personally.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

FizFashizzle posted:

this is basically how the taiping rebellion started

and then 30 million people died

Hahah hell yeah, Boris implements confused af street pamphlet Islam and declares himself Mohammed’s younger brother

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1247278897042993153
san francisco's lovely rear end mayor got shamed into not throwing all of the homeless into a concentration camp and instead is putting them up in the thousands of empty hotel rooms that the city temporarily has the authority to commandeer.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1247282625896644608

womp womp judges say u gotta go stand in line and die

how the gently caress is the supreme court even real, just don't do it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Good soup! posted:

Man the talk about chicken Tikka is making me sad because of the four five Indian places I've gotten takeout/delivery from here in DC, each and every one has been a massive disappointment :(

we've only got one good place here in berkeley and most suck. but lamb vindaloo is the pro-tier benchmark upon which all is based on so you should be ordering that first as a trial balloon

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm not from Wisconsin but I say let the olds vote

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

fermun posted:

san francisco's lovely rear end mayor got shamed

Good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what can you tell me about celtic paganism

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

like we ever had a society that functions lol good one

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Xaris posted:

yes please!

i could never get a good homemade chai and i even went to a chai-making class

Punjabi style is easy as hell.

The Best Chai (Serves 1)
1. Fill small saucepan with 2 cups water and set over medium heat.
2. Add 3/4 tbsp turbinado sugar, 1 clove, 5 cardamom pods (crush them open with the heel of a knife first), a pinch of oregano seeds, and 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds.
4. Boil for 5-15 minutes (more time=more flavor).
5. Add 1/2 to 1 tbsp black tea (depending on desired strength).
6. Add 1 cup milk, preferably whole.
7. Reduce heat to low and bring back to a boil.
8. As soon as the chai starts to bubble upward, remove from heat (about 7 mins).
9. Strain tea into mug. Serve with Parle-G biscuits.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Boris Johnson
V I P

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I for one am shocked Boris Johnson has ended up in intensive care. He seemed so healthy and fit.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Schnorkles posted:

I'm not from Wisconsin but I say let the olds vote

on the one hand, constitutional crisis

on the other hand, boomer death

on the gripping hand, lmao

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

is there a vid of boris shaking hands followed by the casket meme yet?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

That DICK! posted:

what can you tell me about celtic paganism

It inspiried an OK story arc in Delano's run on Hellblazer once...?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

Really it's a blessing that the necrotic touch of finance capital is a double-edged sword that has also infected and completely undermined our military capabilities because it's real hard to maintain an empire with a plastic sword. Hopefully we figure that out and decline quietly instead of picking a fight and finding out we're Wile E. Coyote after he's already run off the cliff.
we're already at the point where we may be incapable of attacking iran without immense retaliation from their conventional arms, especially on surface ships

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
where'd you come from?!?!?! Chy-na!?!?!? did Chy-na send you?!?!?!?!?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr_Peaches posted:

Hee hee hee. I work at a grocery store in Washington. The store snapped up the new labor freed up by the layoffs and now everyone's getting 14-20 hours per week, if that. We're told "the store is losing money" so that's why hours are down.

I'm employed, and won't make May's rent. I'm already behind on all my other bills. I can't quit because I won't get unemployment. I'm looking for a new job / side gig during a pandemic, where jobs are way down and job-seekers are way up. The alleged Trumpbux are a drop in the bucket as everyone knows, assuming they ever actually show up at all.

The actual best economic move right now for me... would be to catch Coronavirus. You see, the store is offering "two weeks of overtime pay" to anyone who gets sick. Assuming they're basing that on 40 hour weeks (and not two 14 hour weeks as I imagine lol), that'd give me a shot at surviving another month. And I'm a fat asthmatic so there's a good chance covid would kill me, which is also an upside.

Just sitting here giggling at the fact that diving in front of a cough is my best bet at making it through another month.

Hee hee hee.

if they cut your hours by 50% or more and you quit as a result you actually can get unemployment in WA, just fyi

https://esdorchardstorage.blob.core.windows.net/esdwa/Default/ESDWAGOV/Unemployment/ESD-Handbook-for-Unemployed-Workers.pdf

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fermun posted:

san francisco's lovely rear end mayor got shamed into not throwing all of the homeless into a concentration camp and instead is putting them up in the thousands of empty hotel rooms that the city temporarily has the authority to commandeer.

I still can't believe she endorsed Bloomberg lmao

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Drinkfist posted:

Just googled a Recipe.

I got the Salt, Onion, Oil, Rice and Water on hand. I keep a super special Ms Dash and Garlic Powder and Herb spice as my go to everything cooking. Once I had a whole shaker of taco seasoning and thought it was a luxury. Before I google it myself I don't know what garam masala is.

Edit: After Google. a hot spice mixture, usually of ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and pepper, used in Indian cooking. Now I need to know what cardamom is.
I use the recipe on Pinch of Yum. You make a paste that you can freeze for later and then you mostly just mix it with tomato puree and chicken.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

we've only got one good place here in berkeley and most suck. but lamb vindaloo is the pro-tier benchmark upon which all is based on so you should be ordering that first as a trial balloon

Vindaloo, Tikka, and the somosas are a pretty good test - DC has not impressed me on the Indian food side and I've been super disappointed because a few joints in Houston were divine

Nice to be living back close to the Pizza Belt though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Punjabi style is easy as hell.

The Best Chai (Serves 1)
1. Fill small saucepan with 2 cups water and set over medium heat.
2. Add 3/4 tbsp turbinado sugar, 1 clove, 5 cardamom pods (crush them open with the heel of a knife first), a pinch of oregano seeds, and 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds.
4. Boil for 5-15 minutes (more time=more flavor).
5. Add 1/2 to 1 tbsp black tea (depending on desired strength).
6. Add 1 cup milk, preferably whole.
7. Reduce heat to low and bring back to a boil.
8. As soon as the chai starts to bubble upward, remove from heat (about 7 mins).
9. Strain tea into mug. Serve with Parle-G biscuits.

neat i'll save that for later. are oregano seeds necessary? those are the only thing i don't have and tbf i dont think id use them in anything else. what type of black tea in particular?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

fermun posted:

holy poo poo

the whole world is changing in front of our eyes

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Good soup! posted:

You do the lucky dip with take out until you find the one that makes your favourite dish perfect. Most will be disappointing. Gotta keep trying in these days. If that one is no longer delivering, and none other can match, sorry for your loss I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Serf posted:

brb, setting fire to the lord's manor

Watch out for him shooting back at you.