Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Luceo posted:

They probably don't need the licensing anymore, after the Humvee ruling.

What's this Humvee ruling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Activision successfully argued in court that using the name Humvee was free speech or some nonsense.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/1/21203414/activision-wins-humvee-call-of-duty-trademark-infringement-lawsuit

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I think if its paid for by the American taxpayer that unless the profits from that license go back to the taxpayer than Humvee doesn't own it. gently caress outta here

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Finished AC: Origins. Started playing sometime last year, stopped playing for 6-7 months and got back into it. I really enjoyed it, Egypt is a cool setting and Bayek kicks rear end.
gently caress the Animus sections though, it's mind boggling that they insist to put that crap in every AC game.

I did roll my eyes out of my head when I finally tracked down one of the final enemies. Spoilers for the story of a 3 year old game I guess: Bayek's kid was killed by this secret order, and you track down and eliminate the members, one by one. You stab a ton of people during the game. However, when you fight the second to last dude, and Bayek has to deal the killing blow, he suddenly starts blabbering and wonders if this is the right thing, and hesitates to kill the dude. Like, you literally ran all over Egypt, stabbed hundreds of guys just to get to this point, and suddenly you're wondering if you're doing the right thing? Just :ese:
Also lol at stabbing Ceasar in the end. That was pretty unexpected.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 6, 2020

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Activision successfully argued in court that using the name Humvee was free speech or some nonsense.

Hardly nonsense. Even Activision is right now and then, and it wasn't a free speech argument, since that is a restriction on the government, not a copyright holder. They correctly said that you can't make a modern military game without Humvees in it. It'd be like trying to do a Vietnam game without Hueys.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just started remake3, this intro owns. Just chilling in jills apartment owns. Love poo poo like this. Only downside is that she has multiple copies of the same loving books that are in the rpd and baker mansion and redgrave city. These are the only 5 books that exist in this loving world. Also no labels on her cd collection, i wanna know what valentine is into man.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Also no labels on her cd collection,

The real horror

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Also that A24 podcast is great, the one with the Safdies and PTA is amazing.

Oh sweet, gonna have to check this out. I listened to purecinema podcast with tarantino the other day and it owned, i started saluting when he was going off on the influx of young film crits who dont know poo poo and dont wanna know film history

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
kinda hard to get started in DS2, different mechanics (being hollow sucks). Also 1 estus flask??

Also Im getting my poo poo kicked where ever I go. I guess I have to block in this game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

kinda hard to get started in DS2, different mechanics (being hollow sucks). Also 1 estus flask??

Also Im getting my poo poo kicked where ever I go. I guess I have to block in this game

Did you do as much of the training area as you currently can?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Did you do as much of the training area as you currently can?

I think I did. Cannot figure out parry for the life of me even though I was great at it in BB. Also I never think to use a shield cause it encourages passivity.

edit - just unlocked the shortcut to the second bonfire in the forest so Im getting there!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

I think I did. Cannot figure out parry for the life of me even though I was great at it in BB. Also I never think to use a shield cause it encourages passivity.

edit - just unlocked the shortcut to the second bonfire in the forest so Im getting there!

I would say for now using a shield is wise

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Question, I got Assasins Creed Origins for the PS4 two Cheistmases ago. I never played it and with the Lockdown I will finally have time to get into it.

The individual pieces of DLC (but cruely not the Season Pass) is available for 60-75 % off this month.

Is it worth getting?

Also Assasins Creed Odyssey is also super cheap this month (and the version with all the DLC is in one cheap pack.) I heard that was great too.

Is it worth getting?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Bloodstained: RotN should really allow you to buy all the food ingredients that drop off enemies instead of only some. It really makes me want to rush to have to grind the luck shard because everything apparently needs beast milk.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I would say for now using a shield is wise

Ok I took out the first giant on my first try. It’s starting to click more

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

bows1 posted:

Ok I took out the first giant on my first try. It’s starting to click more

Level up Adaptability stat until you get at least 99 agility. Your rolling i-frames are tied to that stat (it's dumb), iirc 96 agility matches medium roll i-frames, 99 agility fastroll and 105 is Dark Wood Grain Ring levels of i-frames.

That unexplained mechanic fucks up 90% of the starting players right away making your roll do poo poo until you level up adaptability (or attunement, or both) to raise agility.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Guillermus posted:

Level up Adaptability stat until you get at least 99 agility. Your rolling i-frames are tied to that stat (it's dumb), iirc 96 agility matches medium roll i-frames, 99 agility fastroll and 105 is Dark Wood Grain Ring levels of i-frames.

That unexplained mechanic fucks up 90% of the starting players right away making your roll do poo poo until you level up adaptability (or attunement, or both) to raise agility.

Thanks for the tip!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Question IRL posted:

Question, I got Assasins Creed Origins for the PS4 two Cheistmases ago. I never played it and with the Lockdown I will finally have time to get into it.

The individual pieces of DLC (but cruely not the Season Pass) is available for 60-75 % off this month.

Is it worth getting?

Also Assasins Creed Odyssey is also super cheap this month (and the version with all the DLC is in one cheap pack.) I heard that was great too.

Is it worth getting?
As with all AC games the DLC and Odyssey after Origins are more of the same; just play Origins and then buy the DLC and next game after during the next sale if you still have an appetite for it, but if you pre-buy all the poo poo you'll almost certainly have Ubi-syndrome where everything just blends together and becomes boring as all hell.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Less Fat Luke posted:

As with all AC games the DLC and Odyssey after Origins are more of the same; just play Origins and then buy the DLC and next game after during the next sale if you still have an appetite for it, but if you pre-buy all the poo poo you'll almost certainly have Ubi-syndrome where everything just blends together and becomes boring as all hell.

Yeah, I'm excited to get into AC: Origins soon, moreso because I have no interest in either the setting or new gameplay features of Odyssey (although Kassandra seems cool).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ll break with that top 10 only because I don’t think the original PSX is that impressive outside of a strong couple handful of games, whereas I think the Nintendo Switch’s impact on the gaming market hasn’t really fully been understood yet and well look back at the Switch in like 10 years the way we all look at PS2 now. Other than that I agree.

Maybe. I can see where you're coming from. That said, the PSX started a brand from scratch, sold over 100 million units, established franchises over night that are still running to this day, and still had room for poo poo like Vib Ribbon, Intelligent Qube, and Symphony of the Night. And it did it all during the most pimple-faced era of early 3D.

Also I could put WipEout XL in my CD player, skip track 1, and listen to the entirety of its licensed soundtrack.

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh did they port revengeance?

Vanquish Vigilantes Laughing Simultaneously

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Just started remake3, this intro owns. Just chilling in jills apartment owns. Love poo poo like this. Only downside is that she has multiple copies of the same loving books that are in the rpd and baker mansion and redgrave city.

It makes sense since is going to be like the fifth time I've bought Resident Evil 3.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Remake3 owns. Playing on hardcore, game is so intense. Nemmy is scary af. Holy poo poo. My play time is nearing 2 hours and i just left the substation. I cant see the game ending in the next 2 hours. The clock times are clearlly hosed tho when you hit continue versus loading, was testing it out since i died a lot in the substation.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

bows1 posted:

Try attacking the well in Majula. Not the big pit, the water well next to the largest house.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Someone asked whether they super-expanded the bordello section... this character is new right
https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1242451351029919744

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Oh my god re3 hid in the mega man store and nemmy is just stood outside watching me from the window breathing heavily in the creepist way so good.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I just beat Outer Wilds after several surprisingly stressful attempts. I did all of the things, the credits roll, the screen shows 16.5 billion years later and the game crashes.

I mean I can just watch it in YouTube but it spoiled what was otherwise a really incredible ending.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone asked whether they super-expanded the bordello section... this character is new right
https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1242451351029919744

Yep. He's awesome.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I continue to talk myself out of buying RE3 because of its short runtime, despite looking forward to it from the second I beat RE2. I also continue to talk myself into $50 lunch delivery for like the 3rd day in a row.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
No Mans Warf can gently caress off imo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tensai posted:

I continue to talk myself out of buying RE3 because of its short runtime, despite looking forward to it from the second I beat RE2. I also continue to talk myself into $50 lunch delivery for like the 3rd day in a row.

For some reason I feel like holding off on getting FF7 for about a month despite the fact that it's not like I'm gonna be doing anything else besides go to work and stay home when I'm not there.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

For some reason I feel like holding off on getting FF7 for about a month despite the fact that it's not like I'm gonna be doing anything else besides go to work and stay home when I'm not there.
I was planning on buying it used in a couple months for cheap, but used games basically don't exist anymore so I guess i'll pay the quarantine tax

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

On Gamefly all new releases are delayed by like three weeks now so I am gonna pay full freight for FF7R

Then again, considering I rented Three Houses for three months, I ended up paying basically full price for it without keeping it... I should probably be making better use of this service somehow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have to stay out if the FF7R thread, not because I care about spoilers just because it makes me sad that I have absolutely no idea when I'm going to get a copy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

I have to stay out if the FF7R thread, not because I care about spoilers just because it makes me sad that I have absolutely no idea when I'm going to get a copy

Are you in US?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I was planning on buying it used in a couple months for cheap, but used games basically don't exist anymore so I guess i'll pay the quarantine tax

Not even because I want it used, just because I want to get it after all the big patches to stop Cloud from getting quantum entangled with his sword in combat and etc etc

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My Deluxe Edition arrived in the mail today, and I hope you manage to find a copy of your own :ohdear:.

My only disappointment with it is that Still More Fighting's not on the mini-OST. :argh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RE3 was pretty short, but I feel like people are misrepresenting just how short it is. The play time counter is basically a thing for speed runners and doesn't count any reloading after deaths,cutscenes, reading diaries or anything like that. My time was a little over 6 hours but at the end of the game it gives you your actual time played. Mine was around 9.5 hours (I do tend to dick around in these games though).

Overall I think it should have had another area or something, but it was still great. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pretty satisfied at the end. RE2 is definitely the better of the two, but Re3 is still solid. I wouldn't fault anyone on waiting for a sale though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know I'm banging on about this a lot but I have to say it again, DOOM64 is an amazing experience. While 1 and 2 feel fun to play as a sort of time-capsule curiosity (don't get me wrong, they're great but I can't imagine people will play more than a few levels), DOOM64 is genuinely still fun to play as an FPS. It kinda feels a bit more like Quake than Doom (the look and music are VERY Quake 2, which I guess was why Doom Eternal had such Quake vibes at times).
It's really really enjoyable and for €5 it's a total steal.