Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Random Stranger posted:

It could be called Batman's Shameful Podcast (okay, I'd probably tweak that a bit to lose "Batman" from the title to avoid confusion.
Hey, Kevin Smith does Fatman on Batman so it's not out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

The company as a whole, yeah.

Certain Image founders not so much

i don't know, something about that whole situation seems kind of weird and insane to me and i'm not really sure how much i fault McFarlane.

so, if I'm understanding this correctly: McFarlane hired Gaiman on to do two issues of Spawn, as part of McFarlane having a bunch of big dudes like Miller, Moore, etc do guest issues. the rest of them worked with what McFarlane had already created; Gaiman, however, decided to write in new creations, and ones that are central and important enough to the universe (Spawn's mentor, a major villain, and the concept of previously-existing rebel Hellspawns) that there's not really any reasonable way McFarlane could ignore them or avoid using them without just being like "nope, those issues never happened" and loving both himself and Gaiman (since, if those issues don't matter, nobody's buying them).

McFarlane just kind of shrugs his shoulders and rolls with the new characters, assuming they belong to him because Gaiman created them as work-for-hire (and it makes sense for him to assume this, given the only reasonable alternative I can think of is that Gaiman's contribution would have made him a permanent part-owner of the Spawn IP).

however, by the end of the decade, the Spawn train is rolling hard enough that Gaiman starts looking back at this and going "oh, uh-uh, you don't get to use the stuff I made for you like this without cutting me in on the long-term gravy train." so he starts griping at McFarlane, who's like "okay, sure, I'll sell you Miracleman if you just let me use your Spawn poo poo instead of making me rewrite roughly a decade of the comic from scratch." because at this point, McFarlane thinks he owns Miracleman.

then it turns out McFarlane doesn't actually own Miracleman, because at that point Miracleman was somewhere far beyond a "rights clusterfuck" and well into "anyone who tries to resolve this without a JD specialized in intellectual property law is a madman" territory. so Gaiman lawyers up and sues McFarlane for rights to the issues he wrote and the characters within. McFarlane then responds by going "well, okay, I can't use these guys anymore, but they're kind of loving essential to the plot" and makes new characters that can fit the same roles without being the ones Gaiman made. this gets him slapped even harder because Viking Spawn was too similar to Medieval Spawn (and still used the basic concept Gaiman created), and Tiffany was too similar to Angela. and then at the end of the day, Gaiman gets the rights to his characters back, 50% publication rights on the issues, and McFarlane is left essentially flapping in the wind.

does this make... really, either of them sound like incredibly smart people? no. maybe Gaiman, if you assume he puppetmastered all this poo poo. but, really, the way this looks to me is that they made the deal that made the most sense at the time, they tried to handle it in the way that made the most sense going forwards, and they both got hosed at different points along the way by not being IP lawyers and not having any IP lawyers on retainer. it seems like a situation with no real fault but a lot of fuckups; nobody was actively trying to screw anyone else at any point, they just entered into a bizarre and untenable situation from the get-go and had to try and unfuck it using a limited toolset.

if anything, it kinda reminds me of the Archie Sonic/Ken Penders situation, but with the broad opinion on the participants flipped: instead of a nutball creator going after a generally fairly well-liked publisher, it's a beloved creator going after someone who people run the gamut between "not really caring about" and "actively hating."

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 6, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the rest of them worked with what McFarlane had already created; Gaiman, however, decided to write in new creations, and ones that are central and important enough to the universe (Spawn's mentor, a major villain, and the concept of previously-existing rebel Hellspawns) that there's not really any reasonable way McFarlane could ignore them or avoid using them without just being like "nope, those issues never happened" and loving both himself and Gaiman (since, if those issues don't matter, nobody's buying them).
What? That's not accurate at all. McFarlane could very well have said "Nah I don't want to introduce new characters" and provided editorial oversight to Gaiman's work. He's credited as the designer and co-creator of the Gaiman characters, so it's not like Neil just sprang some characters on him.
More than that, Gaiman had been assured he owned a stake in the characters AND had received royalties from their use. At some point the checks stopped coming in, and Todd said "Uh actually you'll find that Issue 9 says CREATED BY ME so yeah they're mine sorry work for hire."

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

inobody was actively trying to screw anyone else at any point
This is bizarrely kind to McFarlane when you realize he just needed to keep cutting checks, and it's not like he was hurting for cash with his figurine business.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 6, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Which makes the Spawn issue like right after written by Dave Sim where Spawn meets Cerebus and ends in a big triumphant 'creators FOREVER' and has a big scene where Spawn meets Marvel and DC superheroes locked behind a cage because work for hire darkly hilarious.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

April 1996! Change is in the air this month as four ongoing series come to an end. We've got three number ones over at Maximum press, but two of them are effectively continuations of previous comics. There's also the final Extreme crossover that ties up a bunch of the books. We'll have more crossovers, but they're smaller scale.

There's sixteen comics Rob Liefeld published in April 1996 (for a couple of reasons I shuffled two of them back a post). This number drops fast from this point on. It's the last giant month for me.

New Man #3 - I've got two issues of New Man in this month but I don't mind since they're the last two issues. I honestly still don't know what this book is about since it features a time traveling quisling for alien invaders who has super duper do anything psychic powers. What's he doing? What's he want? I don't know. Maybe issue three of his series finally gets around to explaining that?

New Man has decided to get away from earth for a little while so he'll stop tinkering with history. That takes him to the moon where he finds the ruins of an alien moonbase and I'm immediately wondering if that's the same one that Prophet blew up 2000 years ago (or maybe thirty years in the future; it didn't make a whole lot of sense). While he's poking around, he's interrupted by Link, time traveling cybernetic mercenary who has turned up a few times in crossovers but never really done anything of note. Link tells him the Keep killed a bunch of alien civilians there during one of their previous harvest runs. That causes New Man to flash back to the massacre... which he watched a video of during training. What? You thought that he would have taken part in it? Don't be silly, he's the hero!

Once New Man recovers from the shock of having watched a video about the killings (seriously), he and Link try to work out what this comic is about. Link advises him to lay off the powers for a while since they're going to be spotty, set up a secret identity, and try to live a normal life. New Man thinks that sounds like a great idea and heads back to earth.

The dramatic turn in this book is that New Man realizes that the Keep are bad guys, something that he knew about from the moment we saw him. It's not that he took part in atrocities and thus has to redeem himself for that, it's that he was around bad guys. It kind of makes him a worse character since it tries to make all of this external to New Man rather than things he has to deal with.

There's one more issue left in the series, it's part of the crossover this month, and I strongly doubt this series is ever going to go anywhere. I guess there's a reason nobody remembers New Man.

Prophet #6 - Prophet has been doing these wrap around covers for the past few issues and I kinda hope they keep using them. They're fun images. They don't match the tone of the book at all since they've been pretty goofy, but they're neat.

Prophet is hanging out at a Youngblood safehouse after loving Psilence. Psilence, if Bloodpool is to be believed, is a teenager and Prophet is definitely not (I'd put this down to nobody defining characters properly at Extreme rather than the writer thinking it was cool for Prophet to bang kids). Prophet is the worst lay ever since he's going on and on about how having sex was a sin which makes me wonder if he was a virgin.

The monster from the box last issue didn't die when it exploded. It became green slime and is reforming in the sewers. Prophet and Youngblood make plans to hunt it down. Meanwhile, Omen still wants the monster just because and he's mad about Prophet interfering by accident last issue. So Omen sends a team to Wells's base in the antarctic. They go in guns blazing, kill Wells, and capture Kirby. Omen attempts to interrogate Kirby and when he doesn't get anything, decides to invade.

Prophet and Psilence thing that the monster is actually friendly and reacting. The rest of Youngblood think it's going to kill. They split up after it attacks a gang member. Prophet gets to the site first and thinks the gang attacked the monster rather than the other way around. The monster then shows up with a pack of dead-eyed children who get in between the monster and everyone else. The hostile Youngblood members drop out of the sky on the monster and fortunately the children run away. Prophet and Psilence try to stop the attack on the monster which runs away. It's not totally clear who is doing what since some of the anti-monster Youngblooders attack the police to stop them from attacking the monster, but then go on about how everyone has to attack the monster.

As nice as the comic is looking now, the story has gone off a cliff. This is warmed over Outer Limits stuff only with worse presentation. Are dead-eyed kids being mind controlled or are they protecting their new alien friend? I have no clue since there nobody who was there commented on the fact that a dozen kids didn't have irises or pupils. Why is Omen obsessed with the box when it was just "I picked up a power source" last issue? If he knew where Wells was, why hasn't he attacked before? Why did a guy obsessing over biblical sexual mores jump into bed with a psychic? There's a lot of "just because" plotting happening here.

Glory #11 - I don't know how Glory managed to avoid being caught up in this month's crossover along with the Youngblood books.

Glory is training with the amazons on the Isle of Paradise. She heads back to man's world through the water portals she uses. The portal takes her past the frozen amazons (who should be freed after last month; the dialog even mentions them so I don't know why they're frozen again here) and demon realm to the reflecting pool at the National Mall. Something was lurking in the between place and it follows her out.

Nearby a woman is hanging out in lingerie the way women do and crying over her dead, unfaithful husband. She wished he'd be back so she could get some closure and her dead husband appears to her in her dreams. And then dead husband possesses her. He heads out to a club and kisses the bouncer to swap into the that body. Glory is at the club and that's just what dead husband was looking for. He goes in for a kiss but Glory senses the magic and tosses him away. Dead husband spots a kid who was hanging out on the street in front of the nightclub and uses that body to get close to Glory. He stabs Glory and then escapes, fleeing into another body.

Ghostly rear end in a top hat who steals bodies to attack from anywhere isn't bad as a villain and this one isn't resolved yet. There was actually a bit of an arc for him, too, as he first tries to just force himself on Glory and she slaps him around effortlessly. Yeah, it was Glory versus a normal guy, but it was the first time in this comic that I thought, "Hey, Glory is pretty tough." Most of the time she's just been another person with a sword and since the fights haven't been interesting it doesn't do a lot to sell Glory as a powerful warrior.

New Force #4 - It's time for the epic conclusion of the NewMen/New Force saga. Will it end with a "to be continued"? Will the rapist tell us that rape is sometimes harder on the perpetrator than the victim one more time?

In the virtual world, the captured NewMen spot their former cabin that they burned down two issues ago. Inside, they find Proctor and Pilot and Pilot opens fire. There's a real Pilot outside of the simulation, though, and he and Sun Dancer are invading the base of the evil corporation. They're mowing down employees of Evil Corporation and get split up: Sun Dancer heading to find Hagstrom and Pilot finding the NewMen in their virtual reality beds.

In the simulation the cabin explodes but the ones inside are rescued by the fake Exit who then has to explain that he's a fake. Turns out Exit was killed during the fight with Rapist way back in NewMen #12, but he had a pod person inside of him that copied Exit and has been living in his place. They even point out that this weird exception is why this pod person is smart when the other ones were brainless. Rapist, for what it's worth, falls back to his standard excuse of "I wasn't feeling like myself that day," but he feels kind of ashamed so it's fine.

The NewMen finally get pulled out of the virtual world and Hagstrom enters the lab. He's killed Dusk and the vampire, the two people who I wasn't sure if they were actually part of the team or not, off screen. Also, despite looking exactly like Proctor, he's not Proctor. I guess it's just that the artist can only draw bearded people one way. Hagstrom has also captured Sun Dancer. He gives his evil villain speech and explains his plan: he just wants to develop corporate super powered people which is something that already exists several times over in the Extreme Universe. Sun Dancer goes nova and incinerates all of the Evil Corporation guys. Then it turns out that Hagstrom is a terminator for some reason. He swears revenge on Sun Dancer for burning all of his skin off and then just kicks them all out. Not Really Exit goes, "This doesn't make any sense," as though hanging a lampshade on this situation helps.

Outside, Pilot gives the, "Now more than ever, we must stick together," speech and Rapist stops him. They've all decided to quit because they don't want to be superheroes anymore. The end.

Byrd mysteriously vanishes at some point between the previous issue and this one. It says a lot about his deep characterization that I didn't notice he was missing until the ending group shot when I went, "Hey, where'd Byrd go?"

Despite quitting, the NewMen will briefly return. There's a two issue revival of the series in 1997 under Maximum Press. I won't be reading that one, fortunately, so good riddance.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

The thing is, you need more than one person for a podcast. One person lecturing is kind of a dull format, especially for nerdy topics. So here's what I was thinking BSS: what if you call me to talk about some comics that we both read? You can reach out to me with a few suggestions for comics that we'd read, probably about six to eight issues. I'd pick out the one I found to be the most interesting option for conversation, and then we'd record about an hour's conversation on that topic. It could be called Batman's Shameful Podcast (okay, I'd probably tweak that a bit to lose "Batman" from the title to avoid confusion.

Ideally, I'd be looking for topics a bit more obscure and offbeat, and I like comics history so I'd lean toward topics like that. That's not an absolute restriction. I mean, if you really want to talk about a major recent superhero book from the big two, we can, but there's a whole world of stuff that doesn't get a lot of discussion. The idea is to have some fun people get me to read some comics that they want to share with the world and then we talk about them.

If this is something you're interested doing, just say so. Don't worry about technical details here, if it's something you'd like to do then we'll make it work.

Ideally you need a smarty pants and a dummy, and oh boy, I'm your dummy. You're already hip deep in Image and I have this giant chunk of Spawn comics I had planned to read. If you're interested, PM me, I have a link to a facebook video where I read from Scary Stories To Tell In the Dark for a voice sample.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e: wrong thread

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It feels like my weird podcast idea has some traction so it's time for anyone who wants to talk about some comics to reach out. I went ahead and registered the domain bspodcast.org for this to make contact a bit easier.

Here's what you can do: send me a PM here or an email to stranger@bspodcast.org with what you'd like to read and talk about. Roughly six to eight issues of a comic would be good for discussion, but some things lend themselves to deeper conversation than others. Putting multiple ideas in your message would be a good idea so if there's something off we can hash it out.

This isn't an audition. You say you want to talk about a book and I think it'll be something interesting to talk about, then we'll do it. If you've got multiple great ideas, then you can come back for multiple shows. I want to pull in a variety of posters so you'll might have to wait a while for a rotation, but that's okay.

The key here is that this is for fun so don't worry too much if you think you can't do fake radio because of your voice or you... talk... bad or all your available recording equipment is an iPad. We're just doing something chill while on lockdown.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ararrena/status/1247134623781412864?s=20

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Gripweed posted:

Avengelyne is the worst name I've ever hear

if there's a 90s bad-girl character with a dumber name, I haven't heard it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

if there's a 90s bad-girl character with a dumber name, I haven't heard it

Somewhere a single tear rolls down Brian Pulido's cheek at the opportunity he missed.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just want to talk about Water Wizard except there's not a lot of stuff to tell.

Great costume, great powers, interesting characterization for the time - he turned himself into Cap to help crack the Scourge case - then he turned into (a) a joke and (b) even worse, AQUEDUCT, a very 90s version.

God bless that doomed old Water Wizard.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Solid article overviewing the Brubaker / Phillips / Breitweiser books: https://sktchd.com/longform/this-noir-life-a-retrospective-of-the-brubakerphillips-partnership/

It’s not the deepest, but man I love their books so much, and it’s a good intro piece for anyone interested in knowing a bit more about the various collaborations they’ve done.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jordan7hm posted:

Solid article overviewing the Brubaker / Phillips / Breitweiser books: https://sktchd.com/longform/this-noir-life-a-retrospective-of-the-brubakerphillips-partnership/

It’s not the deepest, but man I love their books so much, and it’s a good intro piece for anyone interested in knowing a bit more about the various collaborations they’ve done.

A second book shop that I frequent had been building up the graphic novel collection and a managed to pick up the first 4 volumes of Criminal from there, as well as all the volumes of Fatale, as well as the first trade of Sleeper. I don't know who was the guy who sold it to the second book shop but I think him every day.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Madkal posted:

A second book shop that I frequent had been building up the graphic novel collection and a managed to pick up the first 4 volumes of Criminal from there, as well as all the volumes of Fatale, as well as the first trade of Sleeper. I don't know who was the guy who sold it to the second book shop but I think him every day.

Sleeper is my favorite of all the Brubaker/Phillips collaborations, and it's the one that gets talked about the least because it was the first, and it was tied so directly into the Wildstorm Universe that they couldn't bring it with them to Image. But it's AWESOME, especially if you have any fondness at all for the Wildstorm characters. You get even more out of it if you ever read Alan Moore's mid-'90s WildC.A.T.s run (#21-34 and #50). And there is a pretty great and almost required prequel to Sleeper called Point Blank, drawn by Colin Wilson instead of Phillips. (That's another reason nobody ever talks about that one).

I loved Incognito as almost an inverse to Sleeper, but it sure seems like they have abandoned it. Criminal is hit or miss for me. I really liked the Archie-inspired story "Last of the Innocent," but the fourth volume, "The Dead and the Dying" wallowed in misery and destroyed the protagonist's life a little too much for me to feel good reading it -- kind of like Brubaker's Daredevil run.

I also liked Scene of the Crime (Phillips inked Michael Lark's excellent pencils), loved The Fade Out, and loved the first volume of Fatale, but that one lost me more and more with every volume that followed.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 7, 2020

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Scene of the Crime was brutal. I love it, but brutal.

My favorite (e: Brubaker, forgot Phillips didn’t draw this one) is probably Velvet, but I need to do some re-reads because I think Fatale is close competition, just haven’t read either recently.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Scene of the Crime was brutal. I love it, but brutal.

My favorite is probably Velvet, but I need to do some re-reads because I think Fatale is close competition, just haven’t read either recently.

Not to be that guy, but Steve Epting drew Velvet. Doesn't make it any less great, though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Caught me right before my edit :)

I guess that puts Fatale at the top of the list for me. Either way, need to do a reread of his work. I think I’m short two or three issues of the complete Velvet run but have all of Fatale in a short box somewhere.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Random Stranger posted:

It feels like my weird podcast idea has some traction so it's time for anyone who wants to talk about some comics to reach out. I went ahead and registered the domain bspodcast.org for this to make contact a bit easier.

Here's what you can do: send me a PM here or an email to stranger@bspodcast.org with what you'd like to read and talk about. Roughly six to eight issues of a comic would be good for discussion, but some things lend themselves to deeper conversation than others. Putting multiple ideas in your message would be a good idea so if there's something off we can hash it out.

This isn't an audition. You say you want to talk about a book and I think it'll be something interesting to talk about, then we'll do it. If you've got multiple great ideas, then you can come back for multiple shows. I want to pull in a variety of posters so you'll might have to wait a while for a rotation, but that's okay.

The key here is that this is for fun so don't worry too much if you think you can't do fake radio because of your voice or you... talk... bad or all your available recording equipment is an iPad. We're just doing something chill while on lockdown.

I'm tempted to take you up on that offer, maybe tie it in with that Marvel reading project of mine

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

Caught me right before my edit :)

I guess that puts Fatale at the top of the list for me. Either way, need to do a reread of his work. I think I’m short two or three issues of the complete Velvet run but have all of Fatale in a short box somewhere.

Velvet is great, I got that in hardcover.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

How’s Kill or Be Killed?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Kill Or Be Killed is fantastic and bows out at four volumes, perfect length for the story it told in my opinion.

Now collected in a handsome hardcover!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Does anyone have a picture of that Brubaker one-page from the beginning of the collected Lowlife? About the kid yelling back at the couple to stop throwing soda in the movie theater?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey How Wonderful, does this endorsement of manga mean that person who posts the volleyball manga as if it's the coolest poo poo in the world is going to be spamming those image threads again?

It's no big deal as I just scroll past all the manga, but I still don't see why we're posting that here, outside the manga thread, when there's an entire forum for it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay so as brought up in the funny panels thread, what the hell is with zenoscope?

are they entirely afloat on variant horny covers alone?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

okay so as brought up in the funny panels thread, what the hell is with zenoscope?

are they entirely afloat on variant horny covers alone?

I actually read a couple issues of the Grimm Fairytales, and they're just dark retellings of classic fairytales with a slight horror bent. There's some sex, but not in every story and less than you'd get from an average Vertigo book and no real cheese cake aside from the covers.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Soonmot posted:

Hey How Wonderful, does this endorsement of manga mean that person who posts the volleyball manga as if it's the coolest poo poo in the world is going to be spamming those image threads again?

It's no big deal as I just scroll past all the manga, but I still don't see why we're posting that here, outside the manga thread, when there's an entire forum for it.

I agree, no comics in the threads about comics if they're from the wrong country.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Soonmot posted:

Manga's always been allowed, as far as I can recall, primarily because it's a type of comics, just like Alhazred is encouraged to post Swedish stuff in the newspaper strip thread and people are encouraged to post Judge Dredd and 2000 A.D. and whatever other British stuff in the badass panels thread, ditto stuff by Moebius, or Herge, or my homegirl Tove Jansson, or Islam Gawish, or Teddy Boy or El Eternauto, or Dino Buzzati's Poema a fumetti or whatever else from wherever else.

This is maybe my own personal agenda but I do want to continue to have BSS be a space where people can break out of their comfort zones, find new stuff to read, and in particular think about comics as an international medium with all the breadth and depth that entails. If that means putting up with a catgirl once in awhile I think that's worth the sacrifice.

That doesn't mean people have a license to spam stuff or post offensive or creepy poo poo, and it doesn't mean lovely panels can't be criticized on their own merits. I just want to put a stop to cyclical and monotonous arguments about whether it is, ceteris paribus, totally dumb bullshit that always sucks and is written in a dumb fake language etc. etc. etc..

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 7, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soonmot posted:

This is just the laziest, stupidest kind of gotcha

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Manga is good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

manga is trash and deserves to be posted here along with the rest of the garbage

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Soonmot posted:

As if?

Haikyuu is the coolest poo poo in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QArog-oWuDk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

manga is trash and deserves to be posted here along with the rest of the garbage

:hmmyes:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just saw that Keanu is rumored to be the Surfer in the new Thor movie

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Random Stranger's Liefeld-based martyrdom has paid off

1st page of Alan Moore's Gen13 script

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just saw that Keanu is rumored to be the Surfer in the new Thor movie

“You’re telling me the FBI’s going to pay me to Silver Surf?”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I actually read a couple issues of the Grimm Fairytales, and they're just dark retellings of classic fairytales with a slight horror bent. There's some sex, but not in every story and less than you'd get from an average Vertigo book and no real cheese cake aside from the covers.

The market for cheesacake where you can read it remains huge in the industry. We had customers who all they get would be stuff like Zenescope.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

The market for cheesacake where you can read it remains huge in the industry. We had customers who all they get would be stuff like Zenescope.

I had two of those. One of them wanted every variant cover we could get.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I had two of those. One of them wanted every variant cover we could get.

We had a couple, but I remember one guy was just nuts for it. All the variant covers, statues and assorted he could get his hands on. (He also got really mad when they stopped publishing Previews Adult.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

We had a couple, but I remember one guy was just nuts for it. All the variant covers, statues and assorted he could get his hands on. (He also got really mad when they stopped publishing Previews Adult.)

Ugh, we had one of those guys too. When the ownership of the store changed (sons bought out the dad) they told him they weren't selling porn anymore and we rarely saw him after that.