Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://twitter.com/Gvolz89/status/1247250579778404362

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

snoo posted:

aerogarden is pretty nice for herbs

man gently caress never even thought of a gadget like that

hoo boy they're not cheap tho

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

covid-19 test came back negative :sad:

guess i gotta wear this garbage bag more who cares not like i was gonna stop i always wear this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sphyre posted:

fellas do you use butter when you're making some pb on toast

Yes, but no bread. I just toast the peanut butter directly.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1247278897042993153

:bernget20:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

Hell yeah, mine is a jungle.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

snoo posted:

Aerogarden is good for growing a nice kitchen garden to supplement your bean meals with fresh herbs or maybe even cool tomatoes so you don't have to leave the house to get herbs or greens to pop in your bean batch cooks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

amazing

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i watched jonny mnemonic last night because of someone posting ITT and in the middle of the movie henry rollins goes on a rant where he blames the global viral pandemic central to the plot on 5g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9V7rz2Dg7g&t=3241s

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Hit Man posted:

The Telsa ventilator seems real and admittedly pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/zZbDg24dfN0

Also not coming anytime soon

knowing them it probably has a 1/10000 chance of exploding your lungs due to ~machine learning~ instead of just doin the easy thing

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I thought that if you got a ventilator, you'd get oxygen for long enough to recover. Is that wrong?

if he's on a ventilator it's a 50/50 shot he'll die even with it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i love our masked future

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

"They just killing Christian baby's in they sleep."

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mackers posted:

i got a 6 slot one as an xmas gift a couple years ago and just recently started to use it again

they had a nice sale going on a few weeks back :(

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rah! posted:

yes but your av tested positive for corvid

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

no? Asking a person with expertise what they think is a likely outcome violates nothing lol

yeah I misunderstood my bad

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

"They just killing Christian baby's in they sleep."

it'd be cruel to do it when they're awake

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Aerogarden is good for growing a nice kitchen garden to supplement your bean meals with fresh herbs or maybe even cool tomatoes so you don't have to leave the house to get herbs or greens to pop in your bean batch cooks

absolutely

i lost my basil seeds somewhere but i'm doing some spinach, lettuces and dill :woop: basil will grow like mad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

are aerogardens good for lettuce, I'd like to have a way to get fresh lettuce for sandwiches

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Rah! posted:

guess i gotta wear this garbage bag more who cares not like i was gonna stop i always wear this

it's almost disappointing isn't it :(

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Mackers posted:

Got me one with some birthday present money before they all sold out here. Looking forward to making fresh salads while the world collapses in a few months I guess

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Don't doxx me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hit Man posted:

The Telsa ventilator seems real and admittedly pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/zZbDg24dfN0

Also not coming anytime soon

Elon's going to find out they're making this and then force them to have it just pump air into the stomach so that you can fart out the star trek theme.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Grapplejack posted:

are aerogardens good for lettuce, I'd like to have a way to get fresh lettuce for sandwiches

idk about aerogardens but last time i grew lettuce it fuckin blew up and we couldnt give it away fast enough. we were putting lettuce on everything, including lettuce

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

absolutely

i lost my basil seeds somewhere but i'm doing some spinach, lettuces and dill :woop: basil will grow like mad

I can't even use all the basil coming off of mine. Sadly the mint starter that came with mine couldn't really compete with everyone else :(

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah you can get lettuce, there's a bunch of starter kits

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

they seem to be!! i had to start my garden over bc i had an algae problem but the lettuce survived

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Farm Frenzy posted:

i watched jonny mnemonic last night because of someone posting ITT and in the middle of the movie henry rollins goes on a rant where he blames the global viral pandemic central to the plot on 5g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9V7rz2Dg7g&t=3241s

Blocked on copyright grounds. That was fast/slow.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

not available in america rear end in a top hat thanks obama

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Yeah you can get lettuce, there's a bunch of starter kits

sick time to get an aerogarden

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

yes but your av tested positive for corvid

:hai:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

triple sulk posted:

i love our masked future

cdc now recommends wearing capes

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't even use all the basil coming off of mine. Sadly the mint starter that came with mine couldn't really compete with everyone else :(

:smith: i know what you mean

of the pods that came with mine originally, i lost the dill and mint pretty quick and was just stuck with two types of basil i would never ever use that much of :whitewater:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Rah! posted:

not available in america rear end in a top hat thanks obama

oh woops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOovtZXYqj4

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i have some blackout fabric i'm going to make a velcro curtain out of for the aerogarden, i just have a towel on it right now. probably not the best for air circulation but goddamn it's bright and i don't have a better spot for it

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

idk about aerogardens but last time i grew lettuce it fuckin blew up and we couldnt give it away fast enough. we were putting lettuce on everything, including lettuce

lol

we are achieving lastgirl's dream, the downfall of centralized agriculture in favor of subsistence farming. amazing

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/grey__claws/status/1247303767885787139?s=21

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seema Varmint

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dads friend steve posted:

doesn’t cobol predate structured programming so its is effectively impossible to even try to take a small piece of ur system and understand it in isolation even if you theoretically had the domain knowledge (lol) or the time (double lmao)

yes, cobol predates structured programming, but most cobol code was written after control flow was added to the language so that's not really the problem

modern cobol is a surprisingly usable language. programmers in that ecosystem didn't just wall themselves off from all progress forever. the problem is that the really, really key parts of the system are not written in modern cobol. cobol codebases are generally a lot of decent-ish code layered on top of a black box ancient core that nobody understands how to change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

snoo posted:

i have some blackout fabric i'm going to make a velcro curtain out of for the aerogarden, i just have a towel on it right now. probably not the best for air circulation but goddamn it's bright and i don't have a better spot for it

black hole sun.wmv