Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I would eat those polygonal sloppy tamales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

wa27 posted:

Reporting in from the 3% of America that isn't under stay-at-home orders (Nebraska). My town of 50k people now has 55 cases and it's growing faster than Omaha's cases (they have 152 positives). For comparison, Omaha has 450k people. We've only tested 220 people, Omaha has tested 2,200. On Friday, the local meat packing plant reported 10 positive cases in their staff. They employ 3,500 people here.

All of this prompted 45 of our local doctors to write a letter to the governor, urging him to take stronger measures. Comparing notes, they estimated 500 symptomatic carriers have sought medical care, but most didn't meet the criteria for testing.

Our governor's response was just "we'll send you more tests".

I know this is all small potatoes compared to places where hospitals are overwhelmed and people are dying by the truckload, but I wanted to give a perspective from a flyover state where people still aren't taking this seriously. It's frustrating.

Hi fellow Nebraska goon! I'm here in Omaha. I really hope you can stay safe there in GI. The governor isn't really seeming to care except inside of Omaha...but even then, they aren't doing anything right and the only thing the mayor of Omaha has done is threaten to close parks down. A baseless threat.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

dudeness posted:

polygonal sloppy tamales.
Pro as gently caress username right here.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

dudeness posted:

I would eat those polygonal sloppy tamales.

Piping hot they are probably grubbin

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

d0s posted:

look I went on the website and clicked canned food and ordered the things they had in stock, you play the hand you're dealt :colbert:

I think you'll like the corned beef hash. Maybe even the tamales, I haven't really had them when I wasn't under duress.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

All of human history has led to this moment

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
are those the fancy kind with the wax paper on them?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Tell us the salt content

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Spinz posted:

Piping hot they are probably grubbin

Mite put it on the menu

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

http://www.hungryharps.com/2011/05/daddys-delight-1-tamale-casserole.html

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

Tell us the salt content

99%

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

how did my mom miss that recipe??? We had all the other casseroles growing up but never that!

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

it is about a gram of sodium per serving, a serving is about half the can

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

ThermoPhysical posted:

Hi fellow Nebraska goon! I'm here in Omaha. I really hope you can stay safe there in GI. The governor isn't really seeming to care except inside of Omaha...but even then, they aren't doing anything right and the only thing the mayor of Omaha has done is threaten to close parks down. A baseless threat.

Pete Ricketts has got way too much pride in the mighty fortress that is UNMC.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

d0s posted:

it is about a gram of sodium per serving, a serving is about half the can

drat 99% was spot on

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

oh god i can't wait

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

d0s posted:

oh god i can't wait

This is the type of thing you eat that makes you fart so loud in the middle of the night that you wake yourself up

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I just read that supposedly the national guard is setting up at the state fairgrounds to test 75 healthcare workers per day. I would expect our number to accelerate even quicker this week. It will be interesting to see the response if we start approaching Omaha's total. You guys have kept your numbers surprisingly low despite minimal effort (though I'm sure extensive testing would reveal a lot more).

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
We need to figure out a way to make canned food look beautiful. Covid can wait until we get this first ok?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Plant MONSTER. posted:

We need to figure out a way to make canned food look beautiful. Covid can wait until we get this first ok?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Tuxide posted:

Pete Ricketts has got way too much pride in the mighty fortress that is UNMC.

Pretty much 100% this.

The mayor is still too concerned with the budget because the loss of CWS + March Madness + Olympics being postponed hit things hard. Basically, without sports, Omaha is nothing and so they have no idea what to do.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
My local grocery delivery service doesn’t carry that man I wanted to eat that In two weeks.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Here in Groningen there are 45 people in ICU, 44 of which are overweight, most of them male.

Fat men have more belly fat (fat women more on their buttocks), and COVID19 loves belly fat, it is where the inflammation binds, according to the local head of the ICU.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goons are loving doomed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

Here in Groningen there are 45 people in ICU, 44 of which are overweight, most of them male.

Fat men have more belly fat (fat women more on their buttocks), and COVID19 loves belly fat, it is where the inflammation binds, according to the local head of the ICU.

I assumed being underweight would still be a risk factor, since it usually is, but really, if someone is very thin, then that's an advantage here?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

that's . . . not good news for americans, let's put it like that

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

oh great i'm hosed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

My local grocery delivery service doesn’t carry that man I wanted to eat

try longpig.com

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Has anyone checked on Corbyn?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mycomancy posted:

Looks like Chef Boyardee Dicks in Meat Sauce

Please don't doxx my hot-tub parties.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
My car insurance is going to be refunding 15% of my premiums for the next two months (at least) due to lowered claims.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Normal rear end country

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Hey that's the Sears model(where each section have to fight each other for thing like space in the Sears Catalogue lol), I wonder what happened to it?

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Bleusilences posted:

Hey that's the Sears model(where each section have to fight each other for thing like space in the Sears Catalogue lol), I wonder what happened to it?

Uh... one guy got very rich? I mean, that's the goal here, right?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Guy Axlerod posted:

My car insurance is going to be refunding 15% of my premiums for the next two months (at least) due to lowered claims.

Cool! What company? How'd you find out about the refund?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

AnnoyBot posted:

Uh... one guy got very rich? I mean, that's the goal here, right?

The company went bankrupt in the most humiliating way possible.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lol federal government facilitated and endorsed price gouging

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

slave to my cravings posted:

Lol federal government facilitated and endorsed price gouging

Do some Americans actually think this is cool and good?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Blitter posted:

Do some Americans actually think this is cool and good?

The ones getting rich off of it probably do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

The Glumslinger posted:

The ones getting rich off of it probably do

And the dumb chuds because it ??? owns the libs I guess or whatever Right Wing media tells them.