Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing regarding China I'm still ignorant about is the whole discourse surrounding them supposedly suppressing infection and death numbers; every article I see about it seems to be using it as a scapegoat to blame China for our own failures. I don't even know if they are doing that - - is there even evidence or anything - - , but if they are it isn't any different than every other nation right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

moldy apologized, breaking trump's one and only commandment

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1247309761131012096

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
assID thing needs to just be a tube that takes your poop, pumps it full of corn syrup, irradiates it, then sends it back into your mouth in a vicious circle

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Failed state etc., etc.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Punjabi style is easy as hell.

The Best Chai (Serves 1)
1. Fill small saucepan with 2 cups water and set over medium heat.
2. Add 3/4 tbsp turbinado sugar, 1 clove, 5 cardamom pods (crush them open with the heel of a knife first), a pinch of oregano seeds, and 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds.
4. Boil for 5-15 minutes (more time=more flavor).
5. Add 1/2 to 1 tbsp black tea (depending on desired strength).
6. Add 1 cup milk, preferably whole.
7. Reduce heat to low and bring back to a boil.
8. As soon as the chai starts to bubble upward, remove from heat (about 7 mins).
9. Strain tea into mug. Serve with Parle-G biscuits.

also bookmark

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BrokenGameboy posted:

The only thing regarding China I'm still ignorant about is the whole discourse surrounding them supposedly suppressing infection and death numbers; every article I see about it seems to be using it as a scapegoat to blame China for our own failures. I don't even know if they are doing that - - is there even evidence or anything - - , but if they are it isn't any different than every other nation right now.

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1247298043298189312?s=20

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Salt Fish posted:

Normalizing mask use would be great for loving with facial recognition.

anal recognition is the future, just moon the 5g droid or whatever

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol i'm starting to think modly actually did act on his own without even consulting trump because he wanted to prove his loyalty

and now trump's mad

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Ages posted:

moldy apologized, breaking trump's one and only commandment

gonna need an acting acting navy secretary now

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Hey if you die and the death system is so overloaded they have to put you in a mass grave in Central Park or whatever, does that mean you get buried for free?

(Cemeteries hate him!)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Democratic leadership signaling that they're fine with a military junta

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sixteen fuckin dollars

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Welp. Husband has had abdominal pain for two days. Yup. Acute appendicitis, confirmed by 🐈 scan at urgent care. Sitting outside in parking lot of ER, because quite rightly no visitors. They'll call me at some point with info about what happens next and when.

This is not a good time to be in the hospital dammit

oh drat, at least you caught it before a rupture. I hope you both make it through alright

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

Hey if you die and the death system is so overloaded they have to put you in a mass grave in Central Park or whatever, does that mean you get buried for free?

(Cemeteries hate him!)

It means you share a plot with Chris Matthews.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Salt Fish posted:

the good ones can recognize people through masks and there is even gait recognition now that can identify people with no visible features based on the way they walk

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Mr_Peaches posted:

I'll do that. I appreciate the information, thank you.

I Am Not A Lawyer but if they erroneously pay you UI you weren't entitled to, you might have to pay it back on your next state? tax return, but that's a 2021 problem and you're in a pickle today. Also there's literally going to be a completely unprecedented tens of millions of UI claims filed in a matter of weeks so the odds of anyone getting real particular about auditing poor part-time Goon Doe to recover some pocket change are reeeeaal slim. Reminder that the IRS essentially had all their funding and staffing cut the second Trump was sworn in with the explicit intent of impairing their ability to conduct audits.

Quetzadilla has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Apr 7, 2020

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
I'd love to get tested for antibodies and find out if that hosed up chest short of breath poo poo from a few weeks ago was actually the c-virus

but lol thats not fuckin happening

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

just let bernie's campaign do it

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why are there so many loving bootlickers in the Trump administration? Why are they so desperate to prove their allegiance to Big Strong Daddy?

People are pathetic.

I'd tell that motherfucker straight up that he's a fat evil orange idiot racist rapist pussy-rear end bitch with a mushroom-shaped dick who wears lifts in his shoes.

And then I'd laugh while the Secret Service carted me out.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrokenGameboy posted:

When they mention it, don't back it up and quickly move on using that a springboard: that means it's true

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the good ones can recognize people through masks and there is even gait recognition now that can identify people with no visible features based on the way they walk

time to master even more silly walks

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

brugroffil posted:

Democratic leadership signaling that they're fine with a military junta

I mean at this point it is almost certainly an improvement over republicans/democrats.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

What if horrible pandemics were just a thing that happened periodically and not invented by the chinese or aliens??

don't think about asteroids either

people like to believe that humans are in control of their own fate, because accepting the alternativethat a lot of what happens to us, even highly consequential and bad stuff, is the result of luckis unsettling, if not outright depressing.

i guess some people find that poo poo being hosed up due to powerful and malevolent but ultimately human causes to be less distressing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BrokenGameboy posted:

Don't trust anyone trying to build an empire is a good rule of thumb.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Why are there so many loving bootlickers in the Trump administration? Why are they so desperate to prove their allegiance to Big Strong Daddy?

People are pathetic.

I'd tell that motherfucker straight up that he's a fat evil orange idiot racist rapist pussy-rear end bitch with a mushroom-shaped dick who wears lifts in his shoes.

what a badass

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

facetoucher cat posted:

So bidets are a thing and have been forever but what about the smart toilet

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1247274086297788416

Adult Swim joked about this like 5 years ago. How is this a real thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don't trust anyone trying to build an empire is a good rule of thumb.

yup. china bad. distrust anyone who says otherwise

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

D1E posted:

People are pathetic.

he gets rid of anybody that isn't a straight-up shameless brown noser

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

Adult Swim joked about this like 5 years ago. How is this a real thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

all modern advancements of the 21 century are based off of comedy sketches

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

D1E posted:

People are pathetic.

i'd fuckin slap trump right on the lips

then i'd wake up and continue bootlicking, cause i'd be a neofascist in that parallel universe

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You can get around those by putting a pebble in your shoe

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Going hard in the paint

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Preoptopus posted:

Going hard in the paint

How much does that scuba tank weigh?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thinking about simpler times, like when the thread title was "to Wuhan flu"

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

So bidets are a thing and have been forever but what about the smart toilet

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1247274086297788416

Enhance 5719
Track 45 left, Stop
Enhance 15 to 23
Give me a hard copy right there

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

my bony fealty posted:

thinking about simpler times, like when the thread title was "to Wuhan flu"

We used to call it the "shanghai shivers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

pancake rabbit posted:

Enhance 5719
Track 45 left, Stop
Enhance 15 to 23
Give me a hard copy right there

is this what a butt looks like from underneath? i am skeptical. not enough crack