Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BrokenGameboy posted:

The only thing regarding China I'm still ignorant about is the whole discourse surrounding them supposedly suppressing infection and death numbers; every article I see about it seems to be using it as a scapegoat to blame China for our own failures. I don't even know if they are doing that - - is there even evidence or anything - - , but if they are it isn't any different than every other nation right now.

it's highly likely that the numbers coming out of china were inaccurate, if only for some of the same reasons that our reported numbers are inaccurate. blaming the inaccuracies on intentional state suppression serves a lot of peoples' interests and reinforces their pre-existing views, so they default to that explanation.

in reality, the reason for the inaccuracies are probably a mixture of incompetence, under-preparation, slow or bad data collection, etc and the state shaping the narrative to serve its own ends. i mean, that's exactly what's happening in america, only with more incompetence and with a less unified elite and less centralized political system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

pancake rabbit posted:

Enhance 5719
Track 45 left, Stop
Enhance 15 to 23
Give me a hard copy right there

smh if you don't already have a 60gb folder labeled "analprint scans"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the good ones can recognize people through masks and there is even gait recognition now that can identify people with no visible features based on the way they walk

any facial recognition system can recognize you even through a lead sheet if it rolls a natural 20

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

So is covid on its way out now? Or is the dow not a reliable indicator??

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Go back to work!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

in the future blowing smoke up your rear end in a top hat is an adblocking strategy

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Thesaurus posted:

yes everything's fine now the pandemic was somehow stopped in its tracks by, oh, let's say the tax cuts

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zyme posted:

is this what a butt looks like from underneath? i am skeptical. not enough crack

Get a mirror to squat over to double check.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

BrokenGameboy posted:

The only thing regarding China I'm still ignorant about is the whole discourse surrounding them supposedly suppressing infection and death numbers; every article I see about it seems to be using it as a scapegoat to blame China for our own failures. I don't even know if they are doing that - - is there even evidence or anything - - , but if they are it isn't any different than every other nation right now.

There's no factual basis for it aside from "racism." That said it's certainly possible they are massaging their numbers, and it might even be politically expedient for them to do so, but accounts from inside China say that local party members who were fudging numbers to make themselves look good are being punished & removed for impairing the relief effort. EVEN IF they're cooking the books on a national level, they still have the most comprehensive epidemiological data due to massive comprehensive testing, and treatment/mitigation data due to being the most advanced outbreak, and we should absolutely listen to whatever the gently caress they're willing to share with us and take copious notes.

Like every other country and epidemic, we'll have a better sense of the true scale of this poo poo show by looking at excess mortality rather than "covid" numbers. Don't buy into whatever horseshit the CIA is pushing about it.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

JG Ballards' Rugby Island
https://twitter.com/heldavidson/status/1247294893807951872

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

mod sassinator posted:

dude if you're having an argument over her not killing your parents, she is not the one. loving sever it

Lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Zyme posted:

is this what a butt looks like from underneath? i am skeptical. not enough crack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

The BBC has confirmed that number is conscious

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1247262615237046274?s=20

very....concerncing.....

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

The Glumslinger posted:

The Sec Navy decided he hadn't beclowned himself enough in all of this

https://twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1247309437955604482

Also, double lol because Teddy Roosevelt did this exact loving thing during the Spanish-American War

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2020/april/uss-theodore-roosevelt-commanding-officer-followed-example-colonel

Roosevelt delivered the letter to Shafter, but, presumably not convinced the corps commander would act on it in a timely fashion, also allegedly handed a copy of it to the Associated Press correspondent who was covering the Cuba beat. That correspondent quickly cabled the letter to AP headquarters and it published nationwide the same day.
[/quote]

loving lol, these fuckers always self own

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
covidfefe

Hrugalurgalurgalurga

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

lmao I miss kissing my wife

me too.

heyooooooooooooooooo.

sorry. :smith:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Funion posted:

smh if you don't already have a 60gb folder labeled "analprint scans"

Why stop at 2d?

Get a 3d mold and bronze it or use it to make chocolates.

https://www.elitedaily.com/news/world/edible-anus-chocolate-butthole-mold/932939

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

We used to call it the "shanghai shivers".

I first started posting in the "Wuhan Fish Flu" thread and by golly I'm glad I did - got them rice and beans way early

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fish Of Doom posted:

Adult Swim joked about this like 5 years ago. How is this a real thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

i had to do a doubletake because i was sure this was just going to directly link to Smart Pipe as an onion piece, and lmfao literally they just stole an Adult Swim skit verbatim from 7 years ago

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

this bad boy is just getting warmed up tbqh

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
About to hit 11k

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Finicums Wake posted:

it's highly likely that the numbers coming out of china were inaccurate, if only for some of the same reasons that our reported numbers are inaccurate. blaming the inaccuracies on intentional state suppression serves a lot of peoples' interests and reinforces their pre-existing views, so they default to that explanation.

in reality, the reason for the inaccuracies are probably a mixture of incompetence, under-preparation, slow or bad data collection, etc and the state shaping the narrative to serve its own ends. i mean, that's exactly what's happening in america, only with more incompetence and with a less unified elite and less centralized political system

but why would suppressing the numbers serve the state interest? once the horse was out of the barn door it was not in China’s interest to have the entire world shut down.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

KaptainKrunk posted:

Oh yeah, just wait til corporste debt, mortgages and rent start coming due.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Zyme posted:

Upon further inspection this poor individual seems to have a second taint behind their rear end in a top hat.
Diagnosis: bitaintitis
Prognosis: terminal

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

seems like an inevitability if you work public transit tbh. I havent taken a bus or train once since my job shut down, if I need to go somewhere I walk it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BrokenGameboy posted:

Virtually every single thing you hear in the white media about China is fiction, but it goes mostly unnoticed because white people are both racist and not particularly curious about the rest of the world. This one is just staring you in the face.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/1247339981816893440?s=20

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

pancake rabbit posted:

Enhance 5719
Track 45 left, Stop
Enhance 15 to 23
Give me a hard copy right there

Woah... Don't dox me pls

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Bert Roberge posted:

Why stop at 2d?

https://www.elitedaily.com/news/world/edible-anus-chocolate-butthole-mold/932939

have a little butthole chocolate. as a treat.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1247323244191010819?s=20

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
So what's going on in New York? Is their curve really flattening out already?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Quetzadilla posted:

Excited for the next iPhone with AssID

You can already unlock your iPhone with your uh, penis. You just have to imprint it as you would your fingerprint. People use their elbows and their toe print for security reasons

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KaptainKrunk posted:

even when cases/day peak death is right behind it (and all of us)

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

the hopebama shirt...

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Bert Roberge posted:

Why stop at 2d?

what the gently caress

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ok so we gonna pay them what we owe them, also everyone else who is "essential"? or are those empty words?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Mirthless posted:

So what's going on in New York? Is their curve really flattening out already?

no ny deaths will be between 700 and 800 tomorrow

the "2 weeks" is quite literally a propaganda technique by the state to get people not to panic and will be used throughout the duration of the crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

"Pay increase?"

Whoa whoa let's not get carried away here