Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

has anyone in the US done something like that Bergamo orbituary video yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
At Ohio's Elkton Federal Prison "loving Everybody Just loving Dying" From COVID-19

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/04/06/at-ohios-elkton-federal-prison-loving-everybody-just-loving-dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTv_YYQkg50

quote:

More than once, he references the profit motives of the prison industry. "They got this poo poo called compassionate release," says Campbell, who says he has less than a year left to serve on a drug sentence. "But they ain't gonna let me out because they ain't gonna make no money."

Some of the information in the video has been disputed by Joseph Mayle, the president of the union which represents prison guards at Elkton.

Campbell records a tent that has been set up outside on the facility's basketball court and says it has been erected to store bodies of the dead. Mayle told Vice that the tent was set up to be a testing area but is now empty. He also said that Campbell's roommate, whom Campbell repeatedly says is "dying" of the Coronavirus, is "fine."

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Dustcat posted:

private hospitals are already cutting wages and laying staff off because all the money-making elective procedures have been canceled, also making healthcare workers go to work without proper PPE

this is not counting the tens of millions of people who have lost their insurance and their income and just plain can't pay for any sort of medical service

and this is the first month of the pandemic that's gonna last for at least a year

we're definitely getting some sort of uhc

i'm sure it's gonna be as crappy as the democrats can possibly make it, but that's something to work on at least

the UHC we most likely get is private equity buys up all the failed hospitals and forms one super conglomerate to control healthcare rents. the extra rooms that are kept open, supplies that are stocked, are all guarantied (like the for profit prisons they own) by the government off a new payroll tax. there is a new national disaster coverage for events like this which is means tested to hell and back. consulting contracts are handed out to the usual folks to manage the whole mess and keep the money in the right cities.

and that's an optimistic outlook. it will probably be much much worse

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

a person? just one? rear end in a top hat

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Nothing good about cats. Put them back in Bulgaria or wherever they come from

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

twoday posted:

I'm not sure which park they are planning to use but good luck digging massive holes in a NYC park without finding a couple of other bodies that were buried there by mafia

Looks like they'll start on the Hart Island potter's field and expand from there if they run out of space.

https://twitter.com/iTerryTommy/status/1247194748160561154

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/04/06/new-york-city-prepares-for-temporary-burials-of-coronavirus-victims-1272398

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It affects cats, bats, and pangolins. Dogs are fine.

gently caress I just finished training my pangolin to detect coronavirus

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Wrex Ruckus posted:

has anyone in the US done something like that Bergamo orbituary video yet

The New York Post is doing an 3 page spread and trying to sell papers off of it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
We're going to let Covid clear out the prisons, and it will be just another crime against humanity swept under the rug.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

MysteriousStranger posted:

the UHC we most likely get is private equity buys up all the failed hospitals and forms one super conglomerate to control healthcare rents. the extra rooms that are kept open, supplies that are stocked, are all guarantied (like the for profit prisons they own) by the government off a new payroll tax. there is a new national disaster coverage for events like this which is means tested to hell and back. consulting contracts are handed out to the usual folks to manage the whole mess and keep the money in the right cities.

and that's an optimistic outlook. it will probably be much much worse

30 million people in medical bankruptcy, a million dead, and everyone with 12 months of experience on surviving with little or no income while trump screams LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL every day on twitter is gonna change the political landscape a lot

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

actionjackson posted:

gently caress I just finished training my pangolin to detect coronavirus

it still will

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Bojo will survive because they will give him the magic cancer meds

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I do wish he would die though

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I wonder if the organ harvesters are making bank during this pandemic

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Rated PG-34 posted:

I wonder if the organ harvesters are making bank during this pandemic

they're not collecting the organs to put on their wall

organs from coronavirus victims are probably not in high demand

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

We're going to let Covid clear out the prisons, and it will be just another crime against humanity swept under the rug.

I’m conflicted if the prisons are empty then USA won’t be #1 in something!

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dustcat posted:

they're not collecting the organs to put on their wall

organs from coronavirus victims are probably not in high demand

By the time they konk out their heart lungs kidneys and probably the liver is shot. Can't think the corneas of the mostly elderly victims would be worth much

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bbc explicitly reporting that bojo is neither intubated nor on mechanical ventilation

Edit: and conscious

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frog Act posted:

thanks guys. you're right that headshop is not a dispensary, it's just a bong and eliquid store. i love her very much but i love my parents too. I just don't know how to convince her not to do this. loving hell

go live with her and stop seeing your parents i guess.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53p17u4F7Qo

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Over Easy posted:

the UK, USA and Australia are all vying for title of first anglophone country to completely collapse in 2020

Australia was looking really good at the start of the year with the apocalyptic fires and then the US pulled ahead by being uniquely susceptible to corona because of the debt peonage, forced work, general idiocy and number fetishism but the UK coming on strong with the dead prime minister

gonna be close
the australian supreme court just unanimously overturned cardinal pell's child rape convictions and ordered him set free because 'the jury only convicted him because they looked at the evidence wrong; if they were smart people like us and looked at the evidence right, they would have found him not guilty qed'

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Grapplejack posted:

peak comedy timeline would be them finding hoffa

I heard you paint toilets

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the UK has a million oxbridge educated empty suits ready to step into any position that becomes vacant in the UK government, it'd take some kind of upper class twit plague to actually cause any serious concern

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:eyepop:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Garfield Eats... Thank you.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1247325345885421568?s=19

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

By the time they konk out their heart lungs kidneys and probably the liver is shot. Can't think the corneas of the mostly elderly victims would be worth much

I doubt it matters what condition they are in.. they are contaminated with a deadly virus. Doctors are going to great lengths to avoid the droplets coming out of their lungs, they sure as hell aren't going to take tissue out of their bodies and put it in someone else

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The Division was the only one to get it right for how the US would respond to a pandemic, which is "mass graves and lawlessness"

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Bbc explicitly reporting that bojo is neither intubated nor on mechanical ventilation

Edit: and conscious

but that’s exactly what they want us to think

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

we already told all the people waiting for transplants to gently caress off and die a few weeks back

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1247335425074696199?s=20

This is the dumbest loving thing

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

trump gonna open the country by Easter.

everyone is gonna die except a chud and a lib

the lib is gonna say “I can’t believe coronavirus killed us all”

and the chud is gonna say “told you we would have the country open by Easter you dumb lib” and then the chud will drown from pneumonia.

and the lib will be owned into eternity.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1247352981240119297?s=19

looks like the military really did get tired of bolsonaros bullshit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

twoday posted:

I'm not sure which park they are planning to use but good luck digging massive holes in a NYC park without finding a couple of other bodies that were buried there by mafia

Ny harbor and waterways are full of city owned islands with potters fields on them

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

loving lol

the us healthcare system is going to collapse from itself

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

loving lol

That's the beauty of the free market!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Paradoxish posted:

loving lol

Capitalism can't handle a crisis of products being too much in demand.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mackers posted:

yeah that poo poo would own if the sun existed here :/

Denver is uniquely blessed with an average of 245 sunny days per year, apologies for my solar privilege

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i'm sorry mr steak-umms this is a chik-fil-a drive thru

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247343900475490304
(thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
our healthcare system saw this coronavirus coming and decided to just kill itself instead