Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

my sinuses hurt??

ive got roni??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GordonComstock posted:

PVC breaks down when exposed to sunlight. That’s not a problem when they’re buried underground for water mains.

Spray paint them black if you're worried about it. Black stuff always lasts longest in the greenhouse

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

That toilet that looks at your butthole is creepy as gently caress

And I am pissed that it is taking my job

gregday
May 23, 2003

JAV Titles

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Squizzle posted:

running out of places to keep the dead is good data

Google Butt posted:

Bodies are self reporting

Nocturtle posted:

Hospitals getting overrun in NYC and Italy seems to refute that out of hand.

yeah, the just-asking-questions arguments from that article are that the excess mortality is due to (1) healthcare systems being overwhelmed due to a media panic leading to overwhelmed hospitals and more doing in hospital from unrelated reasons, (2) excess testing identifying a lot of cases of a mild illness, but also a large % of cases being asymptomatic, leading to an inflated mortality rate, (3) mortality is mostly among higher risk/already compromised patients like other seasonal illnesses, (4) media-induced panic causing people in care facilities to die from stress or abandonment

there's also some "citizen journalist" bullshit about empty hospitals despite claims in the media

the more i think about it the sketchier it sounds, but again i'm not equipped to evaluate these claims properly

i'm not keeping up with international covid news tbh - there's too much of it, and national news in my relatively-unscathed country already consumes too much of my time, so i hadn't heard about the bodies stacking up in nyc

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

the only reason America is #1 in Covid cases is because they’re the only populist government dumb enough to not hide the cases

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

Now that the talk to the ship from the navy brass about the ships captain getting fired for leaking the letter to the brass about how they're going to kill everyone on board if they don't do something has been leaked the brass are mad at that, which has been leaked. Hope you're following along carefully because this is going to get crazy.

https://twitter.com/JournoGeoffZ/status/1247320338070814726

Calling it now aircraft carrier crew defects, joins COVID-19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Cats rule and don’t transmit COVID to humans. Hold them in your lap and kiss their heads until they get mad at you.

I have a thing with my cats where I give them kisses on their heads before I feed them wetfood and if I forget to do it they get upset and just don't eat the food and follow me around until I get my poo poo together

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

the only reason America is #1 in Covid cases is because they’re the only populist government dumb enough to not hide the cases

no it's because we're number one in cases and the government isn't even pretending to try to impose any kind of measures to prevent or reduce them from increasing

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

300 million chuds provides a refreshingly fertile substrate to all manners of pestilence

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

5/10. no ring

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1247325034940706818?s=19

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I contacted a professor who is currently trying to do a study of correlation between BCG strain and COVID infection/mortality rates to determine if the strain used per country seems to have any impact on these statistics. I sent him my original BCG post on this topic from the previous thread, which he found interesting, but I shamefully avoided explaining to him where I had originally posted it

looking forward to reading a peer-reviewed statistical analysis of one of my C-SPAM posts

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Cats don’t transmit COVID to humans.

Wait is this a known thing? If they can catch it and spread it to each other like the study I read why can't they spread it to humans?

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

turd in my singlet posted:

Wait is this a known thing? If they can catch it and spread it to each other like the study I read why can't they spread it to humans?

CATVID-19 cant melt steel beams

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

it's not that they can't, it's just that there's no documented case of them doing so as of yet

keep kissing your cat and maybe you'll get in the literature

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

redleader posted:

yeah, the just-asking-questions arguments from that article are that the excess mortality is due to (1) healthcare systems being overwhelmed due to a media panic leading to overwhelmed hospitals and more doing in hospital from unrelated reasons, (2) excess testing identifying a lot of cases of a mild illness, but also a large % of cases being asymptomatic, leading to an inflated mortality rate, (3) mortality is mostly among higher risk/already compromised patients like other seasonal illnesses, (4) media-induced panic causing people in care facilities to die from stress or abandonment

there's also some "citizen journalist" bullshit about empty hospitals despite claims in the media

the more i think about it the sketchier it sounds, but again i'm not equipped to evaluate these claims properly

i'm not keeping up with international covid news tbh - there's too much of it, and national news in my relatively-unscathed country already consumes too much of my time, so i hadn't heard about the bodies stacking up in nyc

you don't need to be a epidemiologist to know that "actually people's lungs are filling up with fluid because they're so lonely and stressed" is insane bullshit

many hospitals actually are emptier than usual right now, but that's because people are staying inside and not getting hurt by things like car accidents. there's very little middle ground between hospitals being empty due to everyone staying home and hospitals being overrun with coronavirus patients like we're seeing in NYC/italy/spain.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US is going to get its first riot on an aircraft carrier since the Vietnam War

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

I could eat this for hours

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ace of Baes posted:

no it's because we're number one in cases and the government isn't even pretending to try to impose any kind of measures to prevent or reduce them from increasing

oh I’m sure Russia and China were extremely forthcoming with their numbers

or Mexico, testing like 10 people per million

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Inceltown posted:

Now that the talk to the ship from the navy brass about the ships captain getting fired for leaking the letter to the brass about how they're going to kill everyone on board if they don't do something has been leaked the brass are mad at that, which has been leaked. Hope you're following along carefully because this is going to get crazy.

https://twitter.com/JournoGeoffZ/status/1247320338070814726

huge jerks and dumbasses: please stop making us look like huge jerks and dumbasses

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

twoday posted:

I contacted a professor who is currently trying to do a study of correlation between BCG strain and COVID infection/mortality rates to determine if the strain used per country seems to have any impact on these statistics. I sent him my original BCG post on this topic from the previous thread, which he found interesting, but I shamefully avoided explaining to him where I had originally posted it

looking forward to reading a peer-reviewed statistical analysis of one of my C-SPAM posts

this dead gay forum is at the center of another world historical event

hope you don't get 9/11'd by Killary too

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The conditions of the study don’t replicate real-world conditions. It was just a proof-of-concept that they could catch it. It didn’t produce the same symptoms in the cats and they weren’t as contagious to each other as humans are, although that poo poo about the tiger and lions in the Bronx Zoo catching it isn’t good.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

pancake rabbit posted:

Enhance 5719
Track 45 left, Stop
Enhance 15 to 23
Give me a hard copy right there

Dont @ me

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

number slowing down. sad

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tbh, not having enough tests is a great way to hide cases

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

triple sulk posted:

number slowing down. sad

Trump wins again

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

now put this post to the dancing pallbearers

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Over Easy posted:

That toilet that looks at your butthole is creepy as gently caress

And I am pissed that it is taking my job

I thought that as a butthole inspector I'd be immune to the economic devastation of covid-19 :negative:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the british P.M. is near death, there's been a mutiny aboard a U.S. aircraft carrier and they're digging mass graves in new york

i might have a drink 2nite

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the british P.M. is near death, there's been a mutiny aboard a U.S. aircraft carrier and they're digging mass graves in new york

I was just drinking tea, but when you put it that way I might have to get out the tequila.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

Are steak umms those frozen thin meat things that cook in like 30 sec? those own

yes, also don't buy steakums, they are overpriced for what they are

you want a good chop steak that you can easily make at home, around here they are like 2 bucks a pound vs like 6.99 a pound for steakums

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

less than 24 hours ago they were saying he'd been admitted to the hospital for "routine testing"

it's the bbc, they're lying

I'm waiting to see if the BBC headline reads "Prime Minister Boris Johnson Dies with COVID-19"

Just because he dies with it, doesn't mean it was the cause!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I was just drinking tea, but when you put it that way I might have to get out the tequila.
i'm currently drinking one of those mango-flavored arizona teas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWObybWWGW4

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

thinking of telling chuds that adrenocodone is the only cure for chinese virus

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Uh, are you from tomorrow? Because as of today none of those things have officially happened.

I mean, I hope you are, because tomorrow sounds :krad:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/xzxzlewis/status/1247250825057054720?s=20

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

less than 24 hours ago they were saying he'd been admitted to the hospital for "routine testing"

"a shocking lie" lol

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/1246912657107701765?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

thoughts and prayers from the us to britain