Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thotsky posted:

Red Scare and Cum Town both seems like shows trying to let their hosts be cool/funny/chill online. Why one is nefarious socialite grifting and the other is harmless fun confuses me. Cum Town arguably has the larger amount of hangers-on, and the performativly juvenile tone of the show seems no less pandering.

its because anna costantly tweets intentionally vague poo poo about 'PMC Idpol' or whatever and people who have never actualyl listened to the podcast think that its about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

thotsky posted:

I mean, to the degree that I don't believe they're like that at all times in their day to day. Presumably they're able to speak with their fathers without propositioning them for sex.

edim ur grounded fer bein gay

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thotsky posted:

I mean, to the degree that I don't believe they're like that at all times in their day to day. Presumably they're able to speak with their fathers without propositioning them for sex.

I mean there's a reason Nick's uncle called the FBI on him, just saying

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
More of you probably listented to cokethots nazbol comedy hour just to get mad at Bannon again, which is self-harming behavior, than listened to Chapo-Brendans Blowback series about the Iraq War just to get mad at Bush all over again, which is good and qualifies as self-care. Why do ya'll suck so bad?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

More of you probably listented to cokethots nazbol comedy hour just to get mad at Bannon again, which is self-harming behavior, than listened to Chapo-Brendans Blowback series about the Iraq War just to get mad at Bush all over again, which is good and qualifies as self-care. Why do ya'll suck so bad?

man i don't want to subscribe to some premium service to listen to it. i'd pay them like $10 for a RSS link to it or whatever though, that preview ep they gave sounded like a good introduction

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

all the blowback episodes are on r/blackwolffeed ;)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

there's also /r/blackepsteinfeed for trueanon fans not yet in the employ of the CIA

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Actually my main reaction was surprise at how much Bannon sounds like Tim Heidecker.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T-man posted:

there's also /r/blackepsteinfeed for trueanon fans not yet in the employ of the CIA

thanks for this

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i guess i trolled some people a few hours ago and forgot anyways they got mad at me

apparently i shitposted at some podcast and well

https://twitter.com/triagegirl/status/1247325815848632320?s=20

loving launch me INTO SPACE

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I was confused until i realized you were the rear end in a top hat

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T-man posted:

I was confused until i realized you were the rear end in a top hat

hold on, its time to clap while practicing social isolation for the medical workers. can you believe we have to do this 9 times a day, each for one of the 9 essential jobs?

edit: actually im not an rear end in a top hat, these were grifters latching onto defending alyssa milano today

Siljmonster has issued a correction as of 03:53 on Apr 7, 2020

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

i guess i trolled some people a few hours ago and forgot anyways they got mad at me

This is the internet equivalent of telling someone about your dreams, nobody has ever found "hey look at this epic trolling I did" posts even remotely interesting

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

cokethots nazbol comedy hour just to get mad at Bannon again

just to clarify that this take was better and lol-worthy than the entire episode which, for the party record, I did not listen to, but it has already made its existance worthwhile for this

cokethots nazbol comedy hour is a sterling cspam usertitle

also Blowback is extremely good and quite relevant to our time, as it incidentally explains so drat much about how neoliberals began to self-own at ever accelerating rates in a straight line to today's succ

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonah Galtberg posted:

This is the internet equivalent of telling someone about your dreams, nobody has ever found "hey look at this epic trolling I did" posts even remotely interesting

thanks

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Whoever it was that said the people who write y'all have given it the same energy as a reprimand from HR was dead on

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Imagine all the good that could have come from you donating your 10bux + however much else to charity.

For example that post wouldn't exist.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i love reading peoples opinions of the red scare podcast, I can't get enough of it

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T-man posted:

Imagine all the good that could have come from you donating your 10bux + however much else to charity.

For example that post wouldn't exist.

money is extremely powerful

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shipon posted:

man i don't want to subscribe to some premium service to listen to it. i'd pay them like $10 for a RSS link to it or whatever though, that preview ep they gave sounded like a good introduction

they already said they were releasing all the eps for free in a few months so I'm just waiting

it's not like the series is time sensitive or anything

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Siljmonster posted:

If your tweets are good enough they'll make it to the forums on their own.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I hope Virgil is okay. he is my favorite Chapo.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
They should have him do Episode III at least, or anyone who actually likes the prequels. You can get "wow these movies are weird and bad" riffing literally anywhere else on the internet.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Prince Myshkin posted:

They should have him do Episode III at least, or anyone who actually likes the prequels. You can get "wow these movies are weird and bad" riffing literally anywhere else on the internet.

yeah the chapo movie episodes have become a real slog and if this is really what they’re doing for premium episodes for the next two months I’ll probably un-sub till they’re done. stuff like the Venom episode was cool because they really go nuts and get into the dynamics of it, but all of them lately have just been them snidely describing the events of the film in chronological order

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Prince Myshkin posted:

god damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Prince Myshkin posted:

lmao apparently this emma person blocked me even though my account has been private on twitter since 2014

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Prince Myshkin posted:

so dont watch them then you fuckin weirdo

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

so dont watch them then you fuckin weirdo

The prequels?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Crane Fist posted:

Whoever it was that said the people who write y'all have given it the same energy as a reprimand from HR was dead on

My family are rural Texan hicks from McCulloch County. It's my goddamned word.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

My family are rural Texan hicks from McCulloch County. It's my goddamned word.

Say whatever you like but as soon as you start writing it I don't care what armpit your family crawled out of I assume my manager will be in touch shortly

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

yeah the chapo movie episodes have become a real slog and if this is really what they’re doing for premium episodes for the next two months I’ll probably un-sub till they’re done. stuff like the Venom episode was cool because they really go nuts and get into the dynamics of it, but all of them lately have just been them snidely describing the events of the film in chronological order

I like the ones where it's obscure christian movies or whatever like the Trump Prophecy or the ones they did with Bill Corbett. The movie episodes on mainstream movies tend to be pretty bad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the wonderwoman ep was good but yeah the dsouza and beck ones are best

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pirate Jet posted:

it's a commentary of course it's in chronological order

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Ace of Baes posted:

i love reading peoples opinions of the red scare podcast, I can't get enough of it

I've not listened to a single minute of it, but my zizek style take is that it's pretty stupid, but probably not a grand injustice.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Gripweed posted:

it's a commentary of course it's in chronological order

if I wanna know what happens in a movie without watching it I’ll just read Wikipedia

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I'd rather read wikipedia than any more of your posts

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

i say swears online posted:

Superbowl halftime show last year

NON-CANON!!!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

thotsky posted:

I've not listened to a single minute of it, but my zizek style take is that it's pretty stupid, but probably not a grand injustice.

I listened to two and half episodes over the course of three years and this is correct

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

if I wanna know what happens in a movie without watching it I’ll just read Wikipedia

The intention with these recent star wars commentaries is that you ARE watching the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

The intention with these recent star wars commentaries is that you ARE watching the movie.

goons failing to understand this simple point would explain a lot.

Sitting alone at a desk yelling at Chris “why the gently caress would I give a drat the exact moment you pressed play jeeez”