Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aggro posted:

“Ohp, just gonna sneak right past ya and head to Meijers”

Upper Midwest is not the Midwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Upper Midwest is not the Midwest

you're darn tootin

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow didn't know so many people were from Dallas, Texas like me, where we have no accents.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Nioh and Nier are two different video games.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nostradingus posted:

Nioh and Nier are two different video games.
What a strange way to get on the I have no accent bandwagon.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ironically, it’s the Scottish that have no accent whatsoever and the rest of us that are incomprehensible

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crab rangoon doesn't have seafood. It's only ever been used in the context of jokes about it and my desire to cook it was non existent so I never bothered to look up what it really was. Nor do we have cheese wontons / dumplings as a thing here so it's never accidentally come up.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

???

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inceltown posted:

Crab rangoon doesn't have seafood.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Rangoon :confused:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Turns out I should have read more than "cheese dumplings" blurb search engine provided me.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inceltown posted:

Crab rangoon doesn't have seafood. It's only ever been used in the context of jokes about it and my desire to cook it was non existent so I never bothered to look up what it really was. Nor do we have cheese wontons / dumplings as a thing here so it's never accidentally come up.

Crab rangoon has always had crab meat in it when I've had it.

in short,

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Some rangoons don't have crab meat but they all have cream cheese.

And the proper dip for them is sweet and sour sauce. And hot and sour soup if it's available.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Great. Now I want crab rangoon. Thanks a lot.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It is possible to get "crab" rangoons with no actual crab in them at particularly cheap Chinese restaurants

Source: I go to crappy Chinese buffets

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I would say that the vast majority of places you could order a "crab rangoon" are takeout or buffets, and in those cases it's always cream cheese inside a fried wonton.

Is this different somewhere else in the world? I always assumed it was the same kind of thing as "Welsh rarebit" ???

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I would say that the vast majority of places you could order a "crab rangoon" are takeout or buffets, and in those cases it's always cream cheese inside a fried wonton.

Is this different somewhere else in the world? I always assumed it was the same kind of thing as "Welsh rarebit" ???

it is supposed to have crab (or imitation crab) in addition to the cream cheese. in my experience it often has. however, i would guess that neither of us has actually personally been to the vast majority of places you can order a crab rangoon in order to scrutinize the rangoon filling at every one of 'em.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And the imitation crab gets overpowered by the cream cheese anyways.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Gerard Butler and Russell Crowe are two different people.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Freudian posted:

Gerard Butler and Russell Crowe are two different people.

Apart from maaaaaaybe the the one playing a Greek soldier and the other playing a Roman soldier: how???

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Like beards, and they both kinda play muscly dudes, and yeah that one movie they're mostly known for in the nerd zeitgeist. I can see it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Has Butler had a tantrum and thrown a phone at someone?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Memento posted:

Like beards, and they both kinda play muscly dudes, and yeah that one movie they're mostly known for in the nerd zeitgeist. I can see it.

Yeah no I got them confused all the time because I rarely watch their movies. The last Russell Crowe I've seen was... Les Miserables.

i think

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah no I got them confused all the time because I rarely watch their movies. The last Russell Crowe I've seen was... Les Miserables.

i think

So they’ve both played a Frenchman that develops an unhealthy obsession with a virginal lead possessing the voice of an angel.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
the chick in The Good Place

is Anna from Frozen

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Memento posted:

the chick in The Good Place

is Anna from Frozen

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

And her daughter prefers they both dress as Elsa:

She's also married to Dax Shepard (the Go Away...batin' guy from Idiocracy) if you weren't already aware.

And on the topic of weird lookin' dudes married to hot celebrity women who are way above their weight class, the "Snozberries taste like snozberries" kid from Super Troopers is married to Christina Hendricks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

somebody Just Figured Out that women, even famous women, are in fact people with their own thoughts and desires

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DrBouvenstein posted:

And on the topic of weird lookin' dudes married to hot celebrity women who are way above their weight class, the "Snozberries taste like snozberries" kid from Super Troopers is married to Christina Hendricks.

I think they split up, but it must have been a wild ride while it lasted

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
To me, this page is preposterous

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If we're doing, "oh hey, is that the same actor?" this is Kim Darby, playing Mattie Ross in True Grit (1969):

and then playing Jenny Meyer in Better Off Dead (1985):

Took me years to realize that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Henchman of Santa posted:

To me, this page is preposterous

More like bad wronggoons :downsrim:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

gleebster posted:

If we're doing, "oh hey, is that the same actor?" this is Kim Darby, playing Mattie Ross in True Grit (1969):

and then playing Jenny Meyer in Better Off Dead (1985):

Took me years to realize that.

My "holy poo poo, they're the same person" moment was Robin Wright as Princess Buttercup and Claire Underwood:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DrBouvenstein posted:

And her daughter prefers they both dress as Elsa:

She's also married to Dax Shepard (the Go Away...batin' guy from Idiocracy) if you weren't already aware.

Do you mean bargain basement Sam Rockwell?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

wizzardstaff posted:

My "holy poo poo, they're the same person" moment was Robin Wright as Princess Buttercup and Claire Underwood:

I knew this, she's also the police lieutenant from Bladerunner 2049

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Memento posted:

I knew this, she's also the police lieutenant from Bladerunner 2049

Worst though is when you realize her name sounds familiar if you put Penn on the end. Which was her name when she played Jenny in Forrest Gump.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pete and Catherine from twin peaks were married IRL

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

hawowanlawow posted:

Also fun, the secretary that Clarence Boddicker hits on in Robocop is his irl wife.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Charlie & the waitress he stalks in Always Sunny are married irl

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

Charlie & the waitress he stalks in Always Sunny are married irl

they were a brother and sister trailer trash couple in Reno 911 as well

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

To other people, yes. But Pete was married to the Log Lady back in the '70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Hirayuki posted:

To other people, yes. But Pete was married to the Log Lady back in the '70s.

Incidentally, the log lady was played by Catherine E. Coulson. So he was married to Catherine at one point, albeit not the Piper Laurie version.