Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
Meanwhile, LOL

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/no-mans-sky-is-getting-mechs-according-to-a-leaked-trailer/

No Man's Sky completes another lap as Star Citizen puffs and pants into the first bend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Hang in there start citizen!

https://i.imgur.com/0y9kiV2.mp4

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Thoatse posted:

Hang in there start citizen!

https://i.imgur.com/0y9kiV2.mp4

Elevators working nicely now I see

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Dooguk posted:

I'm off to watch that Father Ted episode with the Chinese people in it. "I hear you're a racist now Father" is a great line.

It’s not the Greeks, it’s the Chinese he’s after.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Meanwhile, LOL

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/no-mans-sky-is-getting-mechs-according-to-a-leaked-trailer/

No Man's Sky completes another lap as Star Citizen puffs and pants into the first bend...

drat, if they add dropping Exocraft like these mechs from orbit, I might actually go back to NMS.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I wish NMS' primary game loop didn't involve wasting my time so much. I think the most infuriating so far has been repairing damaged frigates.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Meanwhile, LOL

Its early days FUDster!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agony Aunt posted:

Its early days FUDster!

Actually it has more content than most AAA games already

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Kosumo posted:

Also, looking at Chris, he looks like he is a big enough man, I would think he could take some criticism on the chin.

Chris looking freakishly bloated in that vid, where the hell is that nutritionist

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rabelais D posted:

Chris looking freakishly bloated in that vid, where the hell is that nutritionist

Don't look at Erin then! It looks like he is trying to replace Ben.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Rabelais D posted:

Ben wearing Chris-suit?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
chris and erin look like the last 2 sad bean bags at ikea

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kosumo posted:

Also, looking at Chris, he looks like he is a big enough man, I would think he could take some criticism on the chin.

which?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

I've watched 5 mins of this and here is my take - Chris Roberts knows next to nothing about the state of the current game and Chris Roberts knows nothing about how to make a game.

This has been proven over the course of eight years and virtually no progress outside of art assets and YouTube videos about progress.

It's also confirmed when we saw CR ally try to play his game years ago, and confirmed by inaction via him never, ever playing it again in front of anybody.

Red flags? Naw... he's just a perfectionist or something. He's waiting for that perfect cox controller built for people who don't play video games to come out and let him play his video game he's always wanted and is literally telling people he's building.

I know nothing fills me with confidence more than a game developer getting millions of dollars and doing conventions where he talks to PowerPoint slides, never demos any new features of his game, and begs for more money by selling massively overpriced dlc before ever delivering on last months dlc sales.

This is totally normal development that every company does. :sureboat:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Seriously, just watch a bit of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Citiezens, you've been hoodwinked by a guy who got lucky decades ago and stumbled into success, he's fleeced you for years now and has no idea what he's doing. He doesn't play this game, he doesn't know much about the game and has zero interest in anyone or anything that isn't a way to get his name on the credits of a film somehow.
You've been systematically lied to, manipulated, exploited and used as a disposable resource for years.
Ha ha

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

Seriously, just watch a bit of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Citiezens, you've been hoodwinked by a guy who got lucky decades ago and stumbled into success, he's fleeced you for years now and has no idea what he's doing. He doesn't play this game, he doesn't know much about the game and has zero interest in anyone or anything that isn't a way to get his name on the credits of a film somehow.
You've been systematically lied to, manipulated, exploited and used as a disposable resource for years.
Ha ha

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

"Humanity: The Case Against"

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scruffpuff posted:

Games Aganist Humanity

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1247310696708071424

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just wish they had someone standing on a couch to mimic the game.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Chris Roberts: "so we want you to sort of basically play that Mandalorian style; and I mean like if I watch the Mandalorian. Which I'm not sure everyone in England gets to watch this yet but it's definitely over here it's great but we watch them [..] and it feels very much like what I... it's... it's a sort of Star Citizen experience"

lol thread called it. Then he says Star Wars stole their ship idea or something.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This was taken 2 seconds before Miku came strutting in dressed in a solid gold life sized Mustang costume adorned with Valve Index's and PC fans

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Oh great, now in the game we get to take care of a baby Lesnick.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Nah, the plastic bag guy will safely survive coronavirus apocalypse in his simpit.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Maybe this is what's holding Star Citizen back. As long as there are new movies and TV shows coming out for Chris to watch and steal from, then claim he invented, Star Citizen must necessarily be delayed.

This guy. This loving guy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol I will absolutely always stan the dude who inexplicably showed up dressed like someone from Equilibrium, he rules

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

lol I will absolutely always stan the dude who inexplicably showed up dressed like someone from Equilibrium, he rules

I don't know which people to credit - the ones who realized there's no consistency to Star Citizen and just dressed up the way they wanted, or the ones who swallowed Chris's non-creative generic non-IP design and copied it diligently.

Is life so empty and devoid of content that people are waiting in the wings for someone moronic like Roberts to "create" a poo poo IP just so they can immediately glom onto it? Is this something unique to this situation or does this cross boundaries? Is there someone out there waiting for some new cartoon to release so they can get out in front of the fictional universe debates?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Fulltime bull-shitter more like

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"I dressed as Commander Hank "Hoppin' Mad" Marhousen, a character we saw for exactly 3 seconds in a trailer five year ago, who is played by Henry Cavill for some reason. They haven't finalized his costume yet so I kinda just went for a generic future-navy look. Who are you?"

"Well, uh, I... there's not really like a style guide or anything so I just dressed up as a Grammaton Cleric."

"But...why?"

"IDK they're fuckin' cool."

It is really funny to me how any time you get a bunch of these cosplayers together you really see how disjointed (or in many cases nonexistent) CIG's visual style is lol. None of the people onstage look like they're even from the same universe except maybe the two bag head guys. This is a cosplay contest at the biggest Star Citizen event of the year and it honestly looks like they went and pulled extras from like eight different student films.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Maybe this is what's holding Star Citizen back. As long as there are new movies and TV shows coming out for Chris to watch and steal from, then claim he invented, Star Citizen must necessarily be delayed.

This guy. This loving guy.
Mandalorian was a bunch Western cliches that were brought into SW universe. SC is just bunch of cliches.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Dwesa posted:

Mandalorian was a bunch Western cliches that were brought into SW universe. SC is just bunch of cliches.

It worked for Firefly so I guess stick to the safe roads.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

It worked for Firefly so I guess stick to the safe roads.

Firefly took it a little too far, the space frontier was literally just a bunch of dusty Wild West towns.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dwesa posted:

How could you forget the obviously western inspiration of [COW SKULL HELMET]

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

name ONE GAME that has a cow skull shaped space helmet

ONE

you can't. bravo roberts, truly a creative genius

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

This is from the 'chris saw fortnite' era where comedy hats were suddenly all the rage for a couple of months

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

I've watched 5 mins of this and here is my take - Chris Roberts knows next to nothing about the state of the current game and Chris Roberts knows nothing about how to make a game.
This is probably fairly accurate.

quote:

This is probably fairly inaccurate.

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Meanwhile, LOL

At this point they should just put CIG out of their misery instead of continuously embarrassing them further :D

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

This reminds me that Avenue5 is actually quite fun and HBO's doing a free thing for a bit.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Virtual Captain posted:

lol thread called it. Then he says Star Wars stole their ship idea or something.

All science fiction from 2012 on owes homage to Star Citizen. It's the law.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh great, now in the game we get to take care of a baby Lesnick.

Game Workshop has a trademark on Nurglings.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I thought the law is that Crobbler can just say "yes" to any request and dream feature because he can later absolve himself. This has a confirmed precedent, where he absolved himself live on camera.

The complementing law is that everyone else can and will just say "no" when asked any of the following:
- Did the work of CInotG accelerate the development of your X product?
- Did you borrow re-usable tech from Star Citizen?
- Were you inspired by Star Citizen?
- Will Star Citizen meet all of its promises ever?
- Is Star Citizen currently a good game?
- Will Star Citizen ever enter a beta?
- Can I get a refund?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hav posted:

All science fiction from 2012 on owes homage to Star Citizen. It's the law.
You're forgetting that CR invented science fiction in 1990 when he single-handedly created Wing Commander