Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

SimonCat posted:

I don't know you, but how are you, personally going to be materially affected by Trump's reelection?

Is this where we are? Don’t vote against Trump’s re-election because I’m a white dude?

Really?

What is your point here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Woofer posted:

Is this where we are? Don’t vote against Trump’s re-election because I’m a white dude?

Really?

What is your point here?

exercising his white privilege while disregarding how numerous other marginalized people are severely materially harmed or even killed.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Woofer posted:

Really?

What is your point here?

I'm telling you to calm the gently caress down, you'll live through the next 5 years one way or another and it won't be as bad as you're making it out to be.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

SimonCat posted:

I'm telling you to calm the gently caress down, you'll live through the next 5 years one way or another and it won't be as bad as you're making it out to be.

Jesus Christ

“Bro you’ll be fine don’t worry about everyone else”

gently caress you

Goddamn this is the textbook definition of “privilege”

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

SimonCat posted:

Martin Niemöller wrote a cool lil poem about this mindset.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You're not going to get a whole lot of mileage out of the "you're too privileged for Trump to affect you" argument while pandemic supplies are literally being seized from states

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Woofer posted:

Jesus Christ

gently caress you

You want a cross to nail yourself to so we can all witness your suffering?

Right now there are atrocities happening on every continent on Earth. You'll go nuts if you worry about all of it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

SimonCat posted:

You want a cross to nail yourself to so we can all witness your suffering?

Right now there are atrocities happening on every continent on Earth. You'll go nuts if you worry about all of it.

You’re a lovely and selfish person.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

SimonCat posted:

You're a real first ballot piece of poo poo hall of famer if that's your mindset.

Woofer posted:

Jesus Christ

gently caress you

Hard loving agree.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m going to worry about the atrocity that’s happening in my country.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Woofer posted:

Yes, if anything I’m dripping smugness about Trump getting re-elected.

Chud.

Yes, you are absolutely convinced that when Trump wins it will not be the fault of the corrupt organizations that pitted him against a senile racist sex post, nor the actual chuds that voted for Trump. I will be the fault of the people that voted for free health care and civil and women's rights instead of giving up in the face of corruption.

You're smug because you got on board early, nevermind that the ship was sinking and on fire.

If you think I feel attacked by you you're not just wrong, you're incapable of understanding why we can't agree. You've sold your soul. You've given up. You have no hope. You are lost. You have lost.

Your defeatist nihilism cannot touch me. I still have my soul and I wont give it up for a lovely compromise. I'm in this for the long haul. gently caress your tainted prevent defense. I'm not teaching my daughter to date the less violent rapist, and I'm not teaching my son that being slightly less of a rapist is good enough.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woofer posted:

What’s trump doing for you? Better increase his chances of winning.

Cole the people in charge of the political party that is making us choose between two rapists is led by real people with names, addresses, and bodies vulnerable to loss of blood

they're also old, frail, and in control of our political party because they're old with literally nothing better to do.

I've been trying to figure out how my local democratic party works and holy hell is it opaque.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Republicans and Liberal Democrats have managed to squeeze politics out of grade school curriculum because having 18 year olds participating in county policy debates is a threat to the retirees running both county parties.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
poo poo's real hosed up and it's wearing on all of us. I get that, which is why I opted for precision strikes instead of carpet bombing the thread.

Please, if only for your own sake, you feel your blood pressure rising while posting just stop and take a break. Ask me to probate you. Play Animal Eternal or Doom Crossing or whatever it is that's popular these days.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If anyone doesn't know about the Doom Roguelike, it's real good.

Shotgun build 4 lyf

https://drl.chaosforge.org/downloads

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

If anyone doesn't know about the Doom Roguelike, it's real good.

Shotgun build 4 lyf

https://drl.chaosforge.org/downloads

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus Bernie Bros went from aggressive self-righteous shitheels to the whining oppressed in the blink of an eye.

"Our coalition cannot fail! It can only be failed!" - People with a pragmatic view of politics

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Johnson update: UK govt says he's stable and not on ventilator, so he's definitely on a ventilator.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52201048

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Nephzinho posted:

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Yeah dude it’s pretty fun. A better graphics version is Jupiter Hell.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bloops posted:

Johnson update: UK govt says he's stable and not on ventilator, so he's definitely on a ventilator.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52201048

If he does die, would it stop Brexit?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you guys hear about this corona virus

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

BigDave posted:

Nope, that ship has sailed.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BigDave posted:

He'd have to die so hard his death would be retroactive to a few years ago.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Madurai posted:

He'd have to die so hard his death would be retroactive to a few years ago.

Boris stars in.... "Die Harder"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm starting to doubt the 2020 federal election will be held

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EBB posted:

If there ever was a time and global circumstances that would allow it, it's now.

God I hope we get a loving vaccine much quicker than anticipated.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Get sick, feebly storm the White House, start a flashmob choir in the west wing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EBB posted:

Oh it's still gonna happen, only congress can postpone it.

The problem is, if this poo poo is still ongoing or flares up after it cools for a bit in the fall like the 1918 influenza pandemic did, it's likely going to massively cripple turnout in states that don't take steps to allow mail-in ballots or at the very least, early voting or curbside voting.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

EBB posted:

But her emails

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's been loving amazing hearing some Never Trump folks say that, during this time, things wouldn't have been any better with Hilary. Of course they don't have any reasons beyond they don't like her.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Their reason is that they would have done everything in their power to prevent Hillary from executing a successful response

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This thread is unpleasant to read. Not because of the news, which most definitely is, but a lot of you are feeding into a hurricane of negative emotions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/TheOtherMandela/status/1247510597836640256

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

bloops posted:

This thread is unpleasant to read. Not because of the news, which most definitely is, but a lot of you are feeding into a hurricane of negative emotions.

My Dad has COVID and I last talked to him in the hospital 8 days ago.

Sunshine and rainbows in my world.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TCD posted:

My Dad has COVID and I last talked to him in the hospital 8 days ago.

Sunshine and rainbows in my world.

I’m genuinely sorry to hear. Hope he recovers soon.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bloops posted:

Yeah mea culpa. Decided to burn one down and listen to one love internet radio and am feeling much recovered

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 7, 2020

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops posted:

Give me something to have hope for

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EBB posted:

We can get pizza again in the future.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

EBB posted:

Never underestimate the power of human ingenuity when it comes to crisis-in-motion.

Humans in general may be selfish, short-sighted pricks but we also happen to have this tendency to make pretty amazing poo poo happen when our backs are against the wall.

Most of us are just along for the ride, doing what we can to keep going on Mr. COVID's wild ride thru Fucksville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

for non-Wisconsinites, this is the Lt. Gov. He rules.