Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol I can't believe I clicked on that queue right away and could've gotten in at #2 if I was at my Switch at the time. Finally decided to go back and give it a try again and I'm now just about to get the travel code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Delicious flakes of butt!
I'm so very close to my goal of having all the flowers... I'm missing all 3 colors of lilies and red cosmos. I've managed to find everything else... if your Nooklings sell lilies or red cosmos, I'm happy to bring you fossils, fruit, or bags of flower seeds in return.. thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah I only buy 4000 turnips at a time so I only need to make one trip. I got like 2.5 million bells from selling just the one batch, which is how much the very last loan costs, so you really don't need to do multiple trips every week.

Yeah I am buying at most one inventory worth of the things. Getting in for one trip is bad enough. I can't imagine trying to make multiple trips. I got better poo poo to do.

Zodack posted:

There's no reason to have millions of bells in this game anyways unless you plan to either do a LOT of infrastructure work or go onto an online marketplace like Reddit or whatnot and chase DIYs and wishlist items that you want (which if you're patient you can just get through other goons for free)

Uh, excuse me, clothes?! Most of my money goes toward clothes.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Took me about 15 mins once I was in the queue. Not too bad.

Thanks Fru! Dropped a quick tip outside the shop next to someone else's so I could get out and leave the queue fast.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fru Fru posted:

Ok guys, my turnips are at 617, come sell!

https://turnip.exchange/island/c723e796

Leave whatever or nothing, but I could really use some roses, they are the only flower I don't have.

I am probably going to AFK while this gets busy. If it crashes I will open again later.

Thank you for doing this. I'm 48th in line :shobon:

If I make it I will just be in and out quickly to get out of the way asap

Edit: this is my first time using that site. It's pretty goddamned great. I love this community

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
I've seen a few of you post about selling crafted items. Did I understand correctly that anything you craft is going to be worth 2x the value of the materials (apart from gold stuff)? So if I want to make a quick buck I don't need to agonise over the most profitable item?

Wilsonn12k
May 2, 2013
Planted some roses in front of your shop, Fru Fru, and left a few extra bags. Now I just need to escape the hell that is the loading screens.

Best part was having someone who arrived after me get to the store first. TWICE.

Took about 20 minutes or so, round-trip. Times on the tracker kept breaking for me.

Wilsonn12k fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 7, 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So I thought with the islands you travel to with nook miles tickets are unique each time? I've visited the same island three times now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope there's only like 20 of them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OXCXY if you want wild pears

edit: I don't have anything to offer

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

fereldish posted:

I'm a little behind on the thread, but I have moderate turnip prices today (298) and Kicks is here, so I thought I'd try out this turnip exchange thing in case I ever get really good prices:

https://turnip.exchange/island/9b985045

I'll probably be open and afk through most of the afternoon while I work. With these prices I don't imagine there'll be a big rush, and the code is private, so feel free to poke around, help yourself to free stuff, and write on my board.

left you a tip, pm'd the location

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Wilsonn12k posted:

Planted some roses in front of your shop, Fru Fru, and left a few extra bags. Now I just need to escape the hell that is the loading screens.

Best part was having someone who arrived after me get to the store first. TWICE.

Thank you to everyone who left me roses so far! I was wrong and I also need cosmos, I guess I forgot they exist. But I needed roses for crafting.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm looking for the plain wooden shop sign DIY recipe still. It looks like this:

I have duplicate recipes for the cherry blossom pochette, branches, trees-wall, picnic set, and wand. I also have dupes of the Bunny Day lamp and Cherry dress. I am willing to trade any of these for the wooden sign.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Fru Fru posted:

Leave whatever or nothing, but I could really use some roses, they are the only flower I don't have.

I am probably going to AFK while this gets busy. If it crashes I will open again later.

Many thanks, kind goon! I'm only a small-town trader, but I left a gift behind your shop. Thanks again!

Edit: This is my first 'stalk market' trip. It was strangely intense!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

50 of 50 in queue...this is gonna take a while

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There is a camel selling rugs.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, you weren't joking, I'm now also trying to connect to an island I sat in queue for a long time and I'm getting the "Wuh-oh! Interference!" error constantly.

This game has the worst online experience of all time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

OXCXY if you want wild pears

edit: I don't have anything to offer

i got a wild pair for ya

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

i got a wild pair for ya

Hey oh

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At some point I'd rather just sell to the 5th most expensive island and not have to deal with this. It's not worth it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fru Fru posted:

Got down to #20 on the list and then it just suddenly took me out of the queue. Good times.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I unlocked terraforming at lunch and I think I'm going to have a long road ahead of myself. I kind of want to move every structure to the top half of the map so that I can completely redo the lower potion of the map and then move everything into its proper place. This is going to take forever.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

fereldish posted:

I'm a little behind on the thread, but I have moderate turnip prices today (298) and Kicks is here, so I thought I'd try out this turnip exchange thing in case I ever get really good prices:

https://turnip.exchange/island/9b985045

I'll probably be open and afk through most of the afternoon while I work. With these prices I don't imagine there'll be a big rush, and the code is private, so feel free to poke around, help yourself to free stuff, and write on my board.

Stopped by and sold a few turnips. Love what you've done with your island!

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd, I visited your lovely island of Wakko but I got booted. I don't know what happened and I'm sorry.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I've never used this turnip website, so it's a bit new to me. Do I just keep refreshing the page until I can get until there's a space in the Queue and then just get my name on there and wait my turn?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Buttflakes posted:

I'm so very close to my goal of having all the flowers... I'm missing all 3 colors of lilies and red cosmos. I've managed to find everything else... if your Nooklings sell lilies or red cosmos, I'm happy to bring you fossils, fruit, or bags of flower seeds in return.. thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I've got red and yellow in the store, and I'll dig up some whites and leave them by the airport for you (if you still need).

Seeds would be nice :)

HNSF0

Eh, I thought you could drop a plan like an item. Not sure how else to give you white.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 7, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol I had a brain fart and ran around looking for the seller before remembering buyback was in the shop. Someday I'll figure it out :sweatdrop:

Fru Fru posted:

Thanks a million for setting it up, I just left some cash money so I could get out fast when I was done selling. Only took about five tries to get in through interference but animation interruptions made getting back out a lot of fun. 20 minutes total including dumb mixed-up running around.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Buttflakes posted:

Sweaty IT Nerd, I visited your lovely island of Wakko but I got booted. I don't know what happened and I'm sorry.

It happened fast.

It was nothing I did!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Time travelers: do I need to keep all the Bunny Day items for zipper or do I just need them marked as "crafted"

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

RCarr posted:

Got down to #20 on the list and then it just suddenly took me out of the queue. Good times.

Same for me at 25. Queue is full now. Well gently caress.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I've never used this turnip website, so it's a bit new to me. Do I just keep refreshing the page until I can get until there's a space in the Queue and then just get my name on there and wait my turn?
As long as you stay in the page it'll auto update, and then when you're up it gives you the dodo code

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

First time I used it. It auto refreshes or you can do it manually, only closing the page dumps you from the queue. It gives you a Dodo code when you hit #5 but you should remember to manually exit the queue when you leave.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So the nook Kids are drug dealers and turnips are for drugs

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
aaah I was in line for another island in queue at like 317 and then saw the one posted here so I left but didn't realize the queue was full and has been full at 50 for a bit now.. I keep refreshing but it's always full. eep.

ah well

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

It happened fast.

It was nothing I did!

Can I assume that my island is not open when I am out harvesting iron nuggets on miles tickets?

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Huxley I'll take whatever lovely flower you want to dig up for me and leave by the airport, thank you. I'm buying seeds like woah and then heading your way, thank you.

Edit: thought the same... oh well, I'll continue my search or maybe hit you up again in the future, thank you. On my way shortly, getting cash.

Buttflakes fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 7, 2020

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Queue full. Is there any chance I actually get in?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

So the nook Kids are drug dealers and turnips are for drugs

The nook boys

The Commonwealth
Jun 6, 2008

I could have been someone. Well, so could anyone.

LizzieBorden posted:

I'm looking for someone to craft me two cherry blossom walls and two cherry blossom floors. I can craft the wands, lanterns and clock in exchange. Any takers?

I sent you a pm but just in case, the recipes and surplus materials to make you two cherry tree blossom walls and two blossom floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I do not know how you can guys can be bothered at all with the turnips thing. What do you need so much money for?

Do people leave tips when visiting other islands (NOT for turnips) and if so, what? I normally grab a couple of each fruit to drop off but I’m feeling like everyone has that covered now. A few hybrid flowers?