Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have never been to Harvey's Island and the only time I remember it exists is for 1 split second when I'm about to use a dodo code or Nook ticket

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Isabelle says it's never too early for whiskey on the rocks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have never been to Harvey's Island and the only time I remember it exists is for 1 split second when I'm about to use a dodo code or Nook ticket

I've been there once. Saw the cameras and lights pointing to a big black couch and decided to cheese it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

It sounds like what most players want is to collect a single, perfect set of villagers, and then have them live in an unchanging city, forever. But I have a new goal. A different goal.

When you do a photoshoot with Harvey, it unlocks a poster of that villager. How long will it take to have a poster... for everyone?

Edit: there's 402 recruitable villagers so actually, don't.

You can also get one for scanning in their Amiibo card.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Isabelle says it's never too early for whiskey on the rocks.

Island time is a different time.

How good is Isabelle really at her job? I walked into resident services and she was sniffing tulips. It was adorable, but she didn't have any hot goss for me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Got a pretty good selection at Ables today imo, cowboy shirts + boots, hippie shirts, cat hoods, cow skull hats, jester masks. Kicks is here too but nothing special, ballet shoes and kung fu shoes, messenger bags. Come shop while I eat lunch
https://mobile.twitter.com/itssnails/status/1247554965683335173

MWSM2

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Thanks to everyone who came to my town and donated coconuts! I was able to make a ton of progress with my tacky decorating that I wouldn't of been able to otherwise!

Still need a lot more, but its all coming along nicely~

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Guilty posted:

How do I get a villager to move out without an amiibo? I've got a strict no birds policy on my island, birds are not cute, therefore scientifically not part of the animal kingdom and they are shrieking hell demons of the sky, officially. So I need to get rid of this Sparro who was one of my initial three villagers. I've tried hitting him with nets and I complain about him every day to Isabelle. Do I have to have a full island before I kick someone off because I've only got 8 villagers so far.

I really hate birds

I'm racist against birds. Birdist

godless

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:stare:
You really have the best looking island.

I'm gonna need more coconuts...

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Well I'm done with turnip exchange. Waited in queue for a few hours for the owner to close up shop when I was down to about 10 in line :(

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Ok guys, my turnips are at 617, come sell!

https://turnip.exchange/island/c723e796

Leave whatever or nothing, but I could really use some roses, they are the only flower I don't have.

I am probably going to AFK while this gets busy. If it crashes I will open again later.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pez posted:

Well I'm done with turnip exchange. Waited in queue for a few hours for the owner to close up shop when I was down to about 10 in line :(

Join the Discord! Or just use goon-posted exchange links here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does anything in particular determine if you'll get the 5x nook miles bonus goal for the day, or is it random?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Does anything in particular determine if you'll get the 5x nook miles bonus goal for the day, or is it random?

I thought it was if you completed all the 2x goals the previous day, but that's not it, then I thought it was every other day, but that also doesn't seem to be it, so now I'm pretty sure it's just random.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if anyone wants to drop by tomorrow or Thursday to make a donation to my staircase, please do so! I'm waiting for another big turnip price to throw the gates open

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I left a 2x unfinished and it became my 5x.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's the most efficient egg item to craft and sell with all my leftover eggs?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Fru Fru posted:

Leave whatever or nothing, but I could really use some roses, they are the only flower I don't have.

I am probably going to AFK while this gets busy. If it crashes I will open again later.

:captainpop:

Man, I'll give you gold nuggets for selling at that price!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tarnop posted:

Join the Discord! Or just use goon-posted exchange links here

Is that the one with the dumb drama

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Probably one of the items that uses one of everything? But I feel like its easier to just sell them.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Anything that uses the most eggs. Just make random egg poo poo until you can't make any more, I'm pretty sure they all follow the general 2x crafting material value rule

(I need to find more gold recipes cause from the one I have it looks like gold nuggets don't follow that rule)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Fru Fru posted:

I've never used this website before. I'm currently #8 in line but it says that no one is on the island. Will it give me a Dodo code as soon as one of the 5 spots opens up or does it do all 5 at a time before inviting the next 5?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I had a night that I wished on over 30 Stars, and the day after that I didn't play the game and I logged in today and there are no shooting stars on my beach or in my lost and found.

Do you have to get those shooting stars the day after you wish on them?

:(

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
and I've bred pink and blue pansies without help and had a resident just move out when i only had four total

i love the randomness of the game, i just wish there was more to do. i'm rotating between this, graveyard keeper, doom, and fortnite and i have the best idea ever for a video game

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I've never used this website before. I'm currently #8 in line but it says that no one is on the island. Will it give me a Dodo code as soon as one of the 5 spots opens up or does it do all 5 at a time before inviting the next 5?

If 5 people are allowed on the island, you'll be given the dodo code when you hit #5 in the queue.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fru Fru posted:

Thanks!!! I left a tip by your house on my way out

Nice exterior decorations, by the way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His price is going to change in a half hour anyway, no point joining the queue now.

OP made a mistake on the site, it's his noon price so all good.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 7, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Fru Fru posted:

Left ya a tip behind the store.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Aphrodite posted:

His price is going to change in a half hour anyway, no point joining the queue now.

Hmm this seems like a strategy to get a bunch of people in front of you to drop out

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Depends on the time zone, right? Post shows 12:13PM so if they're in EST this is their afternoon price.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It says on the site his local time is 11:32 am.

OP made a mistake. All good

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 7, 2020

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Hobo Clown posted:

Hmm this seems like a strategy to get a bunch of people in front of you to drop out

Prices change at 12, it says it's 11:30 island time, there's 25 people in queue and it's taking upwards of 10 minutes to get through batches of 5 people. You do the math.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Fru Fru posted:

:aaa:

Joined. I'll send some gold nuggets, bells, whichever works!

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

No that’s my bad. I didn’t even look at the time on that site, figured it would sync with my system clock. It is actually 1230 for me now so that’s the price for the rest of the day.

I tried to edit it on the exchange but it still shows the wrong time.

Fru Fru fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 7, 2020

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I take my favorite villagers to Harvey's so that I can get posters of them. Otherwise it's kinda silly.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ah oops, I didn't realize it showed local time.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there established etiquette for making multiple trips? Re-adding yourself to the queue even though you already know the code? Naming and shaming anyone who cuts back in line?

Also you gotta manually remove yourself from the queue once you've sold, the website doesn't know when you leave.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Fru Fru posted:

Thanks, tip by the little pond on the top cliff

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hobo Clown posted:

If 5 people are allowed on the island, you'll be given the dodo code when you hit #5 in the queue.

I'm #5 in the queue and I got the code, but I've still been attempting to get in for 10 minutes and Orville keeps saying we're getting interference. I feel like this shouldn't happen with only 5 people. If people are sharing the code with those not in the queue, that'd be a real dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm #5 in the queue and I got the code, but I've still been attempting to get in for 10 minutes and Orville keeps saying we're getting interference. I feel like this shouldn't happen with only 5 people. If people are sharing the code with those not in the queue, that'd be a real dick move.

I think people have to leave the queue on the exchange? There are not more than 5 people on my island from what I can tell. It just takes a while with all the coming and going.