Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Ratjaculation posted:

who here has vr gear for their pc? i have a question

I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

justcola posted:

Just had a catch up with my university. They're offering either for us to defer our course until next April or complete it remotely for the rest of the year. I asked about fees and they were quite insistent that they'd be paid the remaining terms money, which seems like a loving rip off as can't access the library or equipment or anything like that.

Any goons point me in the direction of someone I get advice from regarding not paying thousands of pounds for badly organised Zoom meetings?

Not advice and I'm sure you won't do this anyway but as frustrating as it all is don't take it out on the lecturers and especially the very badly paid HPTs trying to run said badly organised Zoom meetings. They're almost always as scared, annoyed and confused as to what to do as you are. A minority of students are getting pretty aggy with my partner and friends and it's not on

Save it for the higher ups, not us plebs

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

justcola posted:

Just had a catch up with my university. They're offering either for us to defer our course until next April or complete it remotely for the rest of the year. I asked about fees and they were quite insistent that they'd be paid the remaining terms money, which seems like a loving rip off as can't access the library or equipment or anything like that.

I've had like 8 days in class this semester between strike action and closing for the virus, now all I'm getting are powerpoint slides with audio recorded over them. naturally I'm still expected to pay the full fee

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Don't post much, but I do as well

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weren't there some people suing the university over not providing tuition during the strikes? Might be an extension of that action going forward.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

Ratjaculation posted:

Have an Oculus Rift S here if that helps.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Barry Foster posted:

Not advice and I'm sure you won't do this anyway but as frustrating as it all is don't take it out on the lecturers and especially the very badly paid HPTs trying to run said badly organised Zoom meetings. They're almost always as scared, annoyed and confused as to what to do as you are. A minority of students are getting pretty aggy with my partner and friends and it's not on

Save it for the higher ups, not us plebs

Of course, solidarity. I feel like we're all in the same boat so could do with more transparency and working together rather than the way it has been - being told a meeting is taking place, waiting to hear what was said, react.

Katty! posted:

I've had like 8 days in class this semester between strike action and closing for the virus, now all I'm getting are powerpoint slides with audio recorded over them. naturally I'm still expected to pay the full fee

It's ridiculous. Luckily I'm doing a post-graduate degree, but if I was an undergrad or an international student especially I'd be absolutely livid. I support strikes and understand universities have to close, but it seems like students are a low priority. I'm trying to organise something with other students but they just want to wait and see what happens than get organised.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tarnop posted:

That channel is absolutely worth a follow

I think you were asking about Ed and the Green New Deal yesterday.

He's name dropped it on Twitter at least.

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1247158232075743232

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Renfield posted:

Don't post much, but I do as well

Me three

e: darn, four

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hopefully some nurses are telling Boris "I'm the daughter of an immigrant" while he's hyped up on painkillers and brainwashing him into the ideal centrist candidate

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Today I learned the Liberal Democrats (who?) have suspended their leadership election until May 2021.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So who's leader at the moment given Jo! lost her seat?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

sebzilla posted:

Today I learned the Liberal Democrats (who?) have suspended their leadership election until May 2021.

Is anyone going to remember they exist at that point?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

lol every MP they have looked at being in charge during COVID 19 and powerless to stop Brexit and refused to stand.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

you can tell how much I utterly switched off that I didn't even realise that had happened

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

you can tell how much I utterly switched off that I didn't even realise that had happened

lol

Glad to brighten your day a little!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Ed Davey is acting leader, I believe

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Glad to brighten your day a little!

Learning that, and Bojo going terminal

That makes this the best day for me since dec 13

I tremble to think what fresh joys tomorrow will bring

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I went to their website a few weeks ago, so probably I'm now in charge.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RE: Bojo's bizzare adventure, isn't being on ventilation really bad for you cos it fucks your air holes in your lungs up?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

RE: Bojo's bizzare adventure, isn't being on ventilation really bad for you cos it fucks your air holes in your lungs up?

Supposedly he isn't being ventilated but it does all kinds of things to you that take a while to recover from.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

Pretty much. Apparently it can take months to recover anything close to normal lung function if you work at it (which Boris won't).

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I've downloaded the BBC News app just so I can get an alert if Boris kicks the bucket.

I've been on a ventilator in the past but I don't know if it was that or the pneumonia that damaged my lungs (or possibly something else, I had a lot going on at that time).

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Do we believe he's not getting ventilated, or could they be trying to cover up how well he was/is?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Barry Foster posted:

Do we believe he's not getting ventilated, or could they be trying to cover up how well he was/is?

If he was, somebody would have leaked it by now.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
Wait is Bojo being ventilated? I don't know if I can handle another celebration sesh.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Soylent Yellow posted:

If he was, somebody would have leaked it by now.

I dunno, the medical professionals treating him might want to but that's a very serious breach of patient confidentiality and only a few medical people would have access to him to see. Cabinet collegues might well have an idea as well but if he's out of action then they'll want to scheme behind the scenes rather than blab right away.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol at learning from the cspam UK thread that Boris named Pericles as one of his idols

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

Lol at learning from the cspam UK thread that Boris named Pericles as one of his idols

I mean, I guess he's living the dream.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not sure Raab is qualified to say Boris "will recover". Not a great start to his reign.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Trip Report: no one clapping for Boris on my street

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not heard anyone clapping here either.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1247575091229188099

I CAN'T SLEEP UNLESS I KNOW THE NUKES ARE OK

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
One person clapped on my street, utter embarrassment.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

zentigeist posted:

One person clapped on my street, utter embarrassment.

If it was only the one it could have been pure coincidence

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

What's the sound of one gammon clapping?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I'm out at the park for my daily walk and the thread will be pleased to know i held in a fart to be released at 8pm sharp. It was the only noise in the immediate vicinity.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Dead silence here too.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1247600583894278145?s=19

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How would he know? You can't hear from the basement.