Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chris Pistols posted:

Excellent! I'll get selling, then!

Are you ever able to customise your house beyond roof colour? Some villager houses look fantastic on the outside, I'd like to be able to do that sort of thing to mine.

Kind of, you can't customize how it looks like in New Leaf but you can at least give it a different basic appearance and mailbox. Most options look kinda lovely though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Republicans posted:

290 trees was too many so 4 axes later I'm down to 171. God help me if that isn't enough to appease the island ratings board.
Someone on Discord said 220 was the magic number of trees to stay below "too many trees, can't find my television".

also goddamn Isabelle you want so many fences and so much furniture from me what the hell (there is a reward for 5*, right? like a golden tool recipe or something? I'm not just wasting my time?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks for having me and everyone, left two more bags of cash behind the shop. :)

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

As an extremely busy person, I want to state that any goon who gives up hours of his own potential play time to help others with things like turnips is a bona fide animal crossing hero.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someone on Discord said 220 was the magic number of trees to stay below "too many trees, can't find my television".

also goddamn Isabelle you want so many fences and so much furniture from me what the hell (there is a reward for 5*, right? like a golden tool recipe or something? I'm not just wasting my time?)

Yeah, the Golden Can and unlike I assume the other golden tools it actually does more than the regular ones, it water 3×3 versus 2×3 of the regular can.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm #7, I can smell all the bells I'm going to get

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ogmius815 posted:

As an extremely busy person, I want to state that any goon who gives up hours of his own potential play time to help others with things like turnips is a bona fide animal crossing hero.

:hai:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Breadallelogram posted:

I'm #7, I can smell all the bells I'm going to get

I'm #16. Fingers crossed :shobon:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks a million - left some money near the plaza.

Sorta hurts to spend it all paying off my final home loan, but it's outta the way now. :v:

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

fereldish posted:

I'm a little behind on the thread, but I have moderate turnip prices today (298) and Kicks is here, so I thought I'd try out this turnip exchange thing in case I ever get really good prices:

https://turnip.exchange/island/9b985045

I'll probably be open and afk through most of the afternoon while I work. With these prices I don't imagine there'll be a big rush, and the code is private, so feel free to poke around, help yourself to free stuff, and write on my board.

Thanks very much! I left a tip and will be sending you something in the mail later today.

E: I guess if I use a Dodo code I can't send you mail... Well, I left you a tip!

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 7, 2020

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Got my turnips sold (left a tip!), paid off my house so now I can finally get the attic, AND I unlocked the construction app today.

Animal Crossing: Phase 2 officially begins.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Probably a dumb question. I dropped my ladder and my 2nd ramp to my house hasn't been built yet. I quit my game out and reloaded and now I can't get down. I can't get down from the cliff where my house is. Is there a way to climb down without a ladder?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Probably a dumb question. I dropped my ladder and my 2nd ramp to my house hasn't been built yet. I quit my game out and reloaded and now I can't get down. I can't get down from the cliff where my house is. Is there a way to climb down without a ladder?

Do you have the ladder recipe and access to wood?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Does the rescue thing on your phone take you home?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

What options does the rescue app on your phone have for you?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Can you make another ladder? If not use the rescue service app to take you to the airport/shop/plaza.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can you make another ladder? If not use the rescue service app to take you to the airport/shop/plaza.

Oh duh i totally forgot the rescue service was a thing. Thanks!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Rescue costs miles, right? What happens if you're stuck and can't pay the rescue fee? :q:

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Many many thanks! Left bells near the shop for you. Forgot to bring gold nuggets, but we can coordinate that later. Good luck!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/catslurp/status/1247378109252300800?s=20

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Martytoof posted:

Rescue costs miles, right? What happens if you're stuck and can't pay the rescue fee? :q:

it costs 100 nook miles and they'll probably just take whatever you have left

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

it costs 100 nook miles and they'll probably just take whatever you have left

For 100 nook miles I wish I could call the rescue thing to just take me across the island like a glorified uber

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Try the rescue app in the phone?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

"Let's get more greenery on this island by planting fruit and saplings."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/koumepo/status/1247247608759726082?s=20

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Republicans posted:

"Let's get more greenery on this island by planting fruit and saplings."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the DS version of Animal Crossing determined your tree/flower rating based on "grids", so like, your 16-grid island needed to have just enough trees and flowers on every grid. Not too many in one, not too few in one, but a healthy amount in each grid. I bet it is similar here!

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Martytoof posted:

Maybe you can take out a loan.

...except Resetti isn't so nice as Nook. You're welcome for your 200% interest loan.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Kicks is in town with Paw slippers, Jester's shoes, and Samurai greaves. Feel free to come visit while I clean up my island.

G63VW

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Well I just hosed up my queue and went from 49 to 112 lmao

Fry Fry you’ll be doing this for a minute ya?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe I've only made it 21 places in queue in 45 minutes. getting in and out of town must take more time than I think it does

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lmao oh boy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Well I just hosed up my queue and went from 49 to 112 lmao

Fry Fry you’ll be doing this for a minute ya?

eight more minutes to be precise :eng99:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I can't believe I've only made it 21 places in queue in 45 minutes. getting in and out of town must take more time than I think it does

There seem to often be a few people at the top of the queue who stay there for 15-20 minutes. Don't do that. Do your business and depart.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Animal Crossing New Horizons: ignore the turnip queue time

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

wrong, they're on east coat time. read the thread

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

Apparently this isn't the correct island time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isabelle says I have too much poo poo lying around the island but that shouldn't be true. I had turnips everywhere earlier but I sold them this afternoon. The only thing lying around is workshop supplies but I thought those didn't count if they were not in the ground. I have them on benches. Do they have to be on tables?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Fry Fry, thanks so much for keeping your island open. I left some gold nuggets.

The island's really cool!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TheMadMilkman posted:

Kicks is in town with Paw slippers, Jester's shoes, and Samurai greaves. Feel free to come visit while I clean up my island.

G63VW

gently caress I've been looking for Blue Samurai greaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
it stopped telling me what my numeric place in line is, but I'm still queued. What does this mean