Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

drat it, now I can no longer eat bats or tigers!? This virus is taking everything from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

the game's been datamined and the conclusion is that a.) it does not or ever did mine cryptocurrency and b.) the game was pulled for being incredibly unoptimized, most likely because they hastily removed the blockchain elements that, to begin with, were not cryptocurrency mining software.

Yeah there are legit usecases for blockchains that go beyond crypto mining. No idea what you would use them for in a loving cooking mama game though.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

https://www.asiablockchainreview.com/nintendo-switchs-cooking-mama-employs-blockchain-private-keys/ posted:

Putting Cooking Mama On-Chain
According to a report by Stuff.tv, Cooking Mama is reportedly one of the three games in Planet Digital’s portfolio to be funded with digital preferred shares. The game’s publisher revealed that “Unique Blockchain Private-Keys” come with every copy of the game. These blockchain private keys are expected to offer rewards, enhanced digital rights management, and offer an “Enhanced Multiplayer Experience with Dual Expression.”

With these keys, the company is seeking to ensure that “every copy of a game [would be] subtly different and personal to a user,” creating new and innovative gameplay.

“Putting aspects of Cooking Mama on-chain will take the user experience to a whole new level, reinvigorate a popular game franchise that many grew up with and give investors an opportunity to make handsome returns, through a digital preferred share offering,” the company said.

I have no loving clue why BC tech is necessary for any of this but I dropped out of software engineering studies.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

I have no loving clue why BC tech is necessary for any of this but I dropped out of software engineering studies.
Oddly enough dropping out of software engineering studies makes you a prime candidate for thinking pruned merkle trees are a groundbreaking technology that needs to be in everything yesterday

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

does anyone else find the "scoreboard" kind of ghoulish?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

zakharov posted:

You want a scoreboard?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I look at this every day to see how grave it is out in the world. :smith:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I look at this every day to see how grave it is out in the world. :smith:

Same. But I'm in the "at risk" population, so I *really* keep an eye on my state and county level poo poo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Proteus Jones posted:

Same. But I'm in the "at risk" population, so I *really* keep an eye on my state and county level poo poo.

Me too

:smith::hf::smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

zakharov posted:

It’s the simplest way to present the information, so no.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

It’s the simplest way to present the information, so no.

Now if it ticked up in real time with the sounds effects from unreal tournament then we might be talking 'MULTIKILL!'.....'UNSTOPPABLE!!'

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

USA killing it(s citizens)

Veni Vidi Ameche! has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Apr 6, 2020

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aramoro posted:

Now if it ticked up in real time with the sounds effects from unreal tournament then we might be talking 'MULTIKILL!'.....'UNSTOPPABLE!!'

Fireworks every time you hit a big number :boom:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Those numbers are only confirmed cases and deaths that are officially attributed to covid-19. They're way too low.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Those numbers are only confirmed cases and deaths that are officially attributed to covid-19. They're way too low.

Yeah, I have serious doubts about a lot of the numbers given the still limited availability and selective application of tests

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A lot of official numbers don’t count people who died before visiting the hospital.

I don’t know if they ever folded that in but it was a thing

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I have serious doubts about a lot of the numbers given the still limited availability and selective application of tests

The numbers are sketchy but they still give me a general sense of how good an idea it is to stay quarantined. I'm immuno-supressed so I really don't need to be out and about, especially since Michigan's currently top five or ten in terms of number of cases/deaths confirmed and number of cases/deaths per 1M population.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Falconer posted:

The numbers are sketchy but they still give me a general sense of how good an idea it is to stay quarantined. I'm immuno-supressed so I really don't need to be out and about, especially since Michigan's currently top five or ten in terms of number of cases/deaths confirmed and number of cases/deaths per 1M population.

Oh absolutely. My intent was I think the numbers are actually underestimating the impact. I just had open heart surgery a little over six months ago, so my immune system and heart are doing all sorts of fun things, so I'm absolutely watching what's going on in Chicago for sure.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Tooth fairy and Easter Bunny are ‘essential workers,’ New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern confirms

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Santa just up there pacing back and forth, weighing the pros and cons

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gentlemen, start your photoshops...

The virgin gamer:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/terrifying-model-show-what-avid-21820221

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

*frantically attempting to turn monitor on*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1247350270507417600

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1247413585501982722

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This super secret island fighting tournament doesn't fool anyone, if you want to go out on a vacation and sex up some dudes you can just say so.
It's 2020 nobody cares.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I've seen this movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Afriscipio posted:

I've seen this movie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1247588798508290048

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

A toilet with facial recognition for your butthole

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Cartoon Man posted:

Gentlemen, start your photoshops...

Tag yourself, I'm Hairy Ears

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

This is literally an [AS] video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

[rear end spotter]

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

All you want for Christmas is

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

He could do better

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I didn't even know dolls could get sick!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Thundering Jaysus, this guy screwed himself over so drat hard. I started sporting a chub when I read the headline this afternoon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.npr.org/2020/04/08/829298135/stephen-king-is-sorry-you-feel-like-youre-stuck-in-a-stephen-king-novel