Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

fougera posted:

You guys had so many opportunities today to short. If you short tomorrow on a big down day, you should quit immediately.

So what you're saying is NOT to short, even if there's a clear downward trend ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
I vote down 4-5% tomorrow.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I vote for the market movement that will bankrupt both the bears and bulls

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

this is the most cursed page number, need to get to the next page before tomorrow's open

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
So yesterday NYC records a small decline in the number of deaths or something so Number go up; today NYC suffers the highest number of deaths to date, Number still go up?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

this is the most cursed page number, need to get to the next page before tomorrow's open

I'm doing my part

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm doing my part

I’m doing my part.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

fougera posted:

You guys had so many opportunities today to short. If you short tomorrow on a big down day, you should quit immediately.

I almost ran back to my computer to buy more puts when the N.Y. numbers came out. But realized I already have a bunch of puts and spent the last 10 days bitching about how too much of my portfolio was in puts.

Good news is that I sold out of some long positions around 270 today. Bad news is that I sold some SPY272 for about a 20% loss. They’d be up 11% at close.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm doing my part

This is the way

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm doing my part, too!

Josh Lyman posted:

Division of Economic and Risk Analysis. So nothing to do with enforcement, just a bunch of economists looking at market structure and rulemaking.

I might be restricted from owning bank stocks but even that might not be the case.

Work a few years there, then sell your soul and work for the big banks making 5x your government salary.

Hell, I'd do it.

Edit: then get out soon enough with all the money you saved and build a homestead in the boondocks with chickens and goats and a farm, and a deep well, so you can survive the coming climate apocalypse.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 7, 2020

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

gently caress this page number. Need a Trump pump right into my vains

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hit Man posted:

gently caress this page number. Need a Trump pump right into my vains
A very Trump typo. :trumppop:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hope Trump gets the roni

orange sky
May 7, 2007

A good page to say, gently caress nazis

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

orange sky posted:

A good page to say, gently caress nazis

that is every page

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Short the market and or nazis

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I've almost lost all my fun money. What move should I make? SPXS 100%?

Everything would be ok if I just had more capital. :(

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Man my stop orders hosed me a little, I worked night shift last night so put them on my calls woke I slept today and ended up getting several hundred less for each than the stop order. I guess things move fast and I'm still happy to have profited.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm doing my part

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Inner Light posted:

Everything would be ok if I just had more capital. :(

congratulations, now you're a bank

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

gay picnic defence posted:

So yesterday NYC records a small decline in the number of deaths or something so Number go up; today NYC suffers the highest number of deaths to date, Number still go up?

California had a similar issue, and it mirrors things that have happened in Spain and France. It's the weekend backlog. People don't get counted or tested as vigorously during the weekend compared to the weekday so it looks like number go down when it's actually data entry man go daydrinking.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Short the market and or nazis

idk calls on nazis probably more likely to pay out in these united states

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

I'm helping.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I had to google the thread number to understand what was going on, not gonna lie

fougera
Apr 5, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Short low, cover lower?

If we really are going to retest the lows, there's a lot lower to go.

Freezer posted:

So what you're saying is NOT to short, even if there's a clear downward trend ?

Except if you short on a drop tomorrow good chance you will get your face ripped off the next day. Even if the open is flat, chances are you are still in a hole as far as IV goes.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SirPablo posted:

idk calls on nazis probably more likely to pay out in these united states

Selling calls and guillotines :d2a:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I had to google the thread number to understand what was going on, not gonna lie

That means you've been slightly less poisoned by the world than some of us, which is not a bad thing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

BlackMK4 posted:

Same.

USO will be interesting this week. If a deal doesn't happen on Thursday, look out below.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Selling calls and guillotines :d2a:

sell an iron condor

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Leperflesh posted:

Personally, I think Trump is doing a phenomenal job of managing the coronavirus and I think the economy will be back to normal by the end of the month.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
https://twitter.com/xtrends/status/1247637395509477378

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Personally, I think Trump is doing a phenomenal job of managing the coronavirus and I think the economy will be back to normal by the end of the month.

Is this serious, or are you trying to eat posts on this page with a powerful argument and derail? We can find a better derail.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He's obviously troll baiting / being sarcastic to get off this page ASAP

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

How boring is trading options when you don’t have an economic collapse to really get the numbers moving a lot?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Let's talk about touching that electric fence instead that sounds more entertaining. I bet I could tap it twice before my arm cramps up!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That is definitely me earlier this year with puts, touching the fence until I lose bladder control.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

golden bubble posted:

It's the weekend backlog. People don't get counted or tested as vigorously during the weekend compared to the weekday so it looks like number go down when it's actually data entry man go daydrinking.

Are you telling me that there are people who aren't daydrinking all day every day?!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

kw0134 posted:

That is definitely me earlier this year with puts, touching the fence until I loose bladder control.

Peeing on an electric fence is orders of magnitude worse than touching one.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pixaal posted:

Let's talk about touching that electric fence instead that sounds more entertaining. I bet I could tap it twice before my arm cramps up!

If you grab it right you don't have to worry about whether or not you'll wuss out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Grab it and don't let go