Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calypso Hippo
Dec 29, 2008

Free Air! No Oppression!

Martytoof posted:

When it gets to 1 you get EGGS

Please no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

Before you happened were you going up instead of down in the queue until you refreshed because that's what's been happening for me for about the last half hour and now I'm worried the queue is going to freak out on me too.

Yeah I went from 7 to 11 to 5, I went backwards a few times and just didn't want to press refresh so I don't lose my spot. It all ended well though but it made for a funny screenshot.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Annath posted:

I'm worried this queue is gonna glitch out. Its no longer reliably refreshing for me, and instead periodically says my number has gone UP, only to go down when I manually refresh the page.

This is also happening to me.

EDIT: Number 4 now. Very nervous.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 7, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I gotta get me some chrysanthemums, they look so pretty

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Your Computer posted:

they weren't and it's such a great addition :kimchi: I got to make my first wand today because finally after so many nights since the game released I finally had some shooting stars over my island. My only problem now is that I need to buy half a dozen replicas of my glasses because I use them with every outfit :pram:

This except doctors' masks because it's the socially responsible thing to wear.

Also WHY are the star wand and the cherry blossom wand the same? I want 16 outfits, dammit!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

mp5 posted:

BSH0N

Nothing too special but here are the highlights:

Able Sisters: Cyber Shades, Space Parkas, Labelle/Cute Sneakers, Pixel Shades, Cardigan/Shirt combo, Detective Outfits
Native Fruit: Cherries
Kicks is here! He's probably got some poo poo you want!
Hamlet is teaching the Fossil Doorplate!

Turnips are in the basement so don't bother bringing them unless you want to give them to me :P

Mostly I'd really just like people to come and leave some art on my bulletin board! My birthday is in a couple of days and we'll be quarantined

I think writing on the board gives new arrivals interference, so I'm going to wait around a bit to write to yis. Dropped some furniture presents by you!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Truant posted:

I gotta get me some chrysanthemums, they look so pretty

If you want come buy some Mum seeds while I host for shopping... unfortunately no white seeds today, as those are the ones that crossbreed.

Lemme know and I'll try to gift wrap some flowers? Can't wrap plantable flowers

6KMH1 Closed!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 8, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

The Lobster posted:

This except doctors' masks because it's the socially responsible thing to wear.

Also WHY are the star wand and the cherry blossom wand the same? I want 16 outfits, dammit!

I have a polite ban on face masks on my island. Leave that poo poo in the real world, this is my escapism.

That and dummies/pacifiers. They can gently caress right off. Disgusting.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Chris Pistols posted:

I think writing on the board gives new arrivals interference, so I'm going to wait around a bit to write to yis. Dropped some furniture presents by you!

Thank you!

Bulletin Board Doodles are the best gift of all tbh

BSH0N

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ahaha I refreshed and it went to a server error screen

but I refreshed again and I'm still in at #7

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Done. Thanks again to Fru, today he is a turnip hero. I don't own anything particularly interesting, but I left you 10% of my gross sale just like Reddit says you're supposed to. Cheers.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
gently caress, I refreshed and got kicked from the queue after waiting 3 hours :(

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
got in! thanks so much fru fru!

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Is there a way to like dry out flowers? I want my town to have like a real lovely area and I like the idea of having a bunch of sad looking flowers there, but I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Guilty posted:

gently caress, I refreshed and got kicked from the queue after waiting 3 hours :(

Same here, whoops :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mp5 posted:

Thank you!

Bulletin Board Doodles are the best gift of all tbh

BSH0N

Happy birthday! Didn't stay long because of airport animations but at least left some stuff/bought a detectin' jacket.

e:unless I'm trapped at the departure gate forever :sweatdrop:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know it would be cool if people talked about their towns and stuff in this thread and not their spot on some turnip queue.

hambeef posted:

Is there a way to like dry out flowers? I want my town to have like a real lovely area and I like the idea of having a bunch of sad looking flowers there, but I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore

Flowers don't wilt anymore. The best you could do is let that place get overrun with weeds as for as depressing foliage goes.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Internet Kraken posted:

You know it would be cool if people talked about their towns and stuff in this thread and not their spot on some turnip queue.

Flowers don't wilt anymore. The best you could do is let that place get overrun with weeds as for as depressing foliage goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLBR6x1r-ao

(The Red Dwarf one isn't on YouTube)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

you're right, I'll stop commiserating with the other people in this thread doing the same thing as me. I'd hate to discuss it with anyone

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Flowers will loose their petals if you run over then repeatedly. You're have to repeat it daily, but that could work.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Internet Kraken posted:

Agreed, thank you. But this is the way these games always go. The minmaxers who are obsessed with raking in bells as quickly as possible and keep setting their clocks forward will wash out eventually though once a new assassins creed comes out. Stay strong friend

In all seriousness though maybe a separate thread for the turnip stuff would be a good idea?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive had a rotten turnip on my front porch all week when do the ants show up

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Thought turnip police out in full force

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Super No Vacancy posted:

Ants need a lot of space to spawn due to a funny reason. Try throwing the turnip in an open area like the beach. If there's enough space then they should show up pretty quickly.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Super No Vacancy posted:

also wondering about flies

is it just dropping trash items or is it having the trash items you craft with the trash placed that gets them? had tin cans and boots out for days with nothing

starting to wonder if I need to go try and get them on a mystery island

https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1247652469213036544

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

When good looking bridges cost over 200,0000 bells each, it isn't just the min/maxxers who are interested in getting the most out of their turnips.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SeXReX posted:

also wondering about flies

is it just dropping trash items or is it having the trash items you craft with the trash placed that gets them? had tin cans and boots out for days with nothing

starting to wonder if I need to go try and get them on a mystery island

I had tin cans and boots out by my house for roughly a week before flies spawned, and I didn't see them very regularly.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I had tin cans and boots out by my house for roughly a week before flies spawned, and I didn't see them very regularly.

literally the next time my trash heap was on screen a fly spawned

nintendo knows

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's not a big deal that people post about/to facilitate playing online together in the thread about the videogame they are playing online in

posting to help one another get money and items and as part of that visiting their townis, in fact, maybe the best kind of post possible in a thread for this game

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Agreed, thank you. But this is the way these games always go. The minmaxers who are obsessed with raking in bells as quickly as possible and keep setting their clocks forward will wash out eventually though once a new assassins creed comes out. Stay strong friend
wanting to sell turnips online, something that is a mechanic in the game on purpose to incentivize visiting other towns(which is why it's possible to sell at other island's prices despite other things like selling to other island's flicks not being allowed), is not minmaxing.
it's using a mechanic that exists in the game to be used.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sat in that loving turnip exchange queue for 3 hours and when I was 3rd in line it gave me an error. gently caress that poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just want to be able to store more items and build fancy bridges and inclines that display my vast wealth

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Rory just stopped me to tell me my outfit looked great and he had the perfect thing to top it off.

He gave me the poop hat.

I...I feel like he’s making fun of me but honestly I’m so happy because he was right.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Happy birthday! Didn't stay long because of airport animations but at least left some stuff/bought a detectin' jacket.

e:unless I'm trapped at the departure gate forever :sweatdrop:

I really appreciate your outfit, good job jack

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Internet Kraken posted:

I see that this is your first Animal Crossing game.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
For such a chill game, visiting islands with multiple people is certainly stressful.

Happy Future Birthday, mp5!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

must be boring sitting on your porch all week hahahaha. im just kidding. semper games

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm watching a YouTube of a Japanese guy making a kind of park on his island with cliffs and waterfalls etc but something that I just noticed is that he has multiple incline packs in his pocket. I know only one can be built per day, but can you get multiple ones from Nook somehow that I haven't unlocked yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmUWzx3f-oo

Also for really good custom clothing making tips, Berry Box is excellent and even though it's in Japanese it's very easy to follow along by watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFo_KwFY5oI

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Chris Pistols posted:

I have a polite ban on face masks on my island. Leave that poo poo in the real world, this is my escapism.

That and dummies/pacifiers. They can gently caress right off. Disgusting.

Agreed on the pacis, but as for the face masks, if I don't laugh about what's going on, I'll cry, so.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Turnip price sucks, but Able's has deal with it sunglasses and I think that's kinda cool:

edit2: done for now!

Able's is across the river to the right of Nook's, which is to the right of the airport. I'll be building the bridge tomorrow.

Edit: oh, feel free to take the DIY recipes and peaches, they're native.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mp5 posted:

I really appreciate your outfit, good job jack

Hahaha thanks...the unexpected side effect is making every wasp chase that much more entertaining