Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/KOSullivanIT/status/1247181972604162048?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who under 60 likes borowitz

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

If the peak comes later it means people are social distancing properly. Like New York's goimg to be hitting its peak in mid-April through the strategy of loving everybody there getting it because Cuomo and De Blasio dragged their feet on shutting everything down. Places that have peaks in like late May or June will have less deaths overall than places that have their peaks in mid-april.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Relevant Tangent posted:

that's the closest a cat gets to a good death though, no pain or whatever, your parents should focus on the good

they are. in fact one of the first things my mom said to me when I called was, I hope your dog dies the same way

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

This would be good. It would also be deeply unconstitutional and we've already got people talking about second amendment solutions to the problem of over-reaching government authority.

The federal govt has essentially unlimited emergency powers designed for nuclear war or pandemic, people will fall in line when the bodies are piled ten feet high in every town square

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

triple sulk posted:

god, i hate trump, but also god, i love trump

trump is like drinking way too much vodka, never really seems like it would be a good idea but the crazy poo poo that happens creates amazing content and you occasionally poo poo yourself just a little while covered in sweat at some turkish resort with a bunch of icelanders

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Relevant Tangent posted:

the loss of control is the real problem, and we've already seen "we can walk into your house whenever we want if you're wfh" contracts

Kind of want to see that contract meeting castle doctrine

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

magiccarpet posted:

My lady is a journo at the world trade center and we are convinced she'll never go to her office again.

tbh if you get paid the same but don't have to commute every day wfh is probably the best option for almost everyone, but it's hard to see the useless layers of management being okay with not being able to loom over you on at least weekly basis

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

shovelbum posted:

We need to ban all outdoor trips, close all in-person retail and services, and deliver standard packages of groceries per size of household no more than monthly. There is no other way to beat this.

won't happen, the way we beat this is just to barrel ahead through the carnage and then blame somebody else for it happening

Solarin has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Apr 8, 2020

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sharkie posted:

lol please look inward and figure out why you're obsessed with criticizing the way women look. you do it compulsively

Pretty sure this is the first time. Heard any good dog jokes lately?

Judakel has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Apr 8, 2020

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

The federal govt has essentially unlimited emergency powers designed for nuclear war or pandemic, people will fall in line when the bodies are piled ten feet high in every town square

Which is why they are trying to keep the numbers as low as possible by testing as little as possible. If they actually DID let the bodies start stacking up where people could see then they'd have to do something. We'll get there eventually, but they'll drag their feet and get a ton of people killed. Maybe also cause the union to collapse idk

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

this man is the most powerful poster to ever live

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

they couldn't have issued one more warning?

https://twitter.com/riccimike/status/1247629388591427584

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Inceltown posted:

Kind of want to see that contract meeting castle doctrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdiTZPD4qiI

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

Want to know something else scary? I have a patient that has had detectable virus in their nasal cavities for 20 days now after recovery and this was confirmed with three tests. All of the return to work guidelines are trash.

well now we know how the next wave of covid is going to happen

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

hey guys im drunk has capitalism saved us yet

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

https://twitter.com/One56117812/status/1247652943035158529

Why do I keep seeing people on twitter claiming that Coronavirus will peak soon/next week?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

In NY it's 2 days til peak deaths.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
it has not.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

curious to see breakdowns by age and comorbidity on the hospital and home deaths

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Funion posted:

hey guys im drunk has capitalism saved us yet

The curve is flattening because we're out of tests so yes

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

BeefThief posted:

The curve is flattening because we're out of tests so yes

ah thank god

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Grapplejack posted:

I look like the dude from lethal weapon now

Should I just buy a razor and buzz my head

leave a rat tail

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Why do I keep seeing people on twitter claiming that Coronavirus will peak soon/next week?

because Trump said so and they want it to be over in a week, even though that's not what the science says whatsoever.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

back on track!

Stevie Lee has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Apr 8, 2020

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lmao if you turn out to be right

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

what the gently caress cspam i thought we were saved

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Alright I've seen enough - I'm calling the United States primary for COVID-19. -Dave Wasserman

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

anime was right posted:

this man is the most powerful poster to ever live

hes amazing and ill fist fight every nerd historian to make sure this fact goes into the books

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

shovelbum posted:

pet culture is driving our high r0 lol but you cant talk about it

lmao this is dumb

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
been a while since i posted one of these, but the US had a few days where it looked like we were making progress in catching up to the number of tests needed, and then this past day was a big nope.

it does look like there has genuinely been a daily testing capacity increase though, up from 100k/day to 135k/day, but that's still not nearly enough

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lol going for the infect every continent achievement

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Morbus posted:

lol going for the infect every continent achievement

Pretty sure south america is already in crisis

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

updated for reality

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I never knew how essential landscaping is. Just hundreds of trucks with lawnmowers as I drove to work today.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

back on track!

lol

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Judakel posted:

but antarctica is not

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Judakel posted:

(its an antarctic cruise)

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune