Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Knormal posted:

He is a cartoon character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Please enjoy some humour my uncle has been infecting the extended family group chat now that he can't get out of his house

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

LAUGH

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
LAUGH

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Please LAUGH

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Please enjoy some humour my uncle has been infecting the extended family group chat now that he can't get out of his house

Gift him a membership, he'd fit right in this thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
LAUGH

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Unless there’s a global pandemic.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
god zenpencils is just pure poo poo

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I just imagined Watterson reading through that pap, forcing himself to focus though his eyes slide off it, skin turning boiled-lobster-red, vein throbbing in his forehead, nose running, teeth clenched around a long-dead cigarette stub until he reaches the end, when he lets out a scream of visceral, primal rage as he picks up his monitor and tears it to shreds with his bare goddamn hands.

And then he eats them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

finalellipsis posted:

My favorite parody is the Ultimate Warrior one where it replaces all the "deep" words with "Fags and Muslims out of America" (which is a thing that the real Ultimate Warrior said.)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

muscles like this! posted:

My favorite parody is the Ultimate Warrior one where it replaces all the "deep" words with "Fags and Muslims out of America" (which is a thing that the real Ultimate Warrior said.)

It's all the words. Except the newspaper when he dies. That says "Fags and Muslims still in America"

Len has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Apr 7, 2020

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

finalellipsis posted:

Imagine reading zen pencils, and feeling the emotions the author wants you to feel. Or indeed any emotion other than disgust.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

I just imagined Watterson reading through that pap, forcing himself to focus though his eyes slide off it, skin turning boiled-lobster-red, vein throbbing in his forehead, nose running, teeth clenched around a long-dead cigarette stub until he reaches the end, when he lets out a scream of visceral, primal rage as he picks up his monitor and tears it to shreds with his bare goddamn hands.

And then he eats them.

eats the monitor shreds or his hands?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Detective Buttfuck posted:

eats the monitor shreds or his hands?

Yes

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

And then he eats them.

I can't imagine Watterson having a monitor, much less an entire computer

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gift him a membership, he'd fit right in this thread

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Sorry if I'm being dense, but what about that comic is so terrible? Someone took a quote by the Calvin & Hobbes guy and put it over a twee comic? At worst it seems unnecessary?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Calvin and Hobbes is on such a high pedestal by most on the internet that any homage is usually immediately poo poo on. I thought it was cute.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Magnus Manfist posted:

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what about that comic is so terrible? Someone took a quote by the Calvin & Hobbes guy and put it over a twee comic? At worst it seems unnecessary?

That's every Zenpencils, often missing the point in major ways. Like, "An undemanding job that affords him the time to pursue his interests" is right there in the quotes.

But
a professional artist
good enough that his manager comes to his house to hire him back
painting backgrounds for adverts
at an agency where employees are encouraged to relax on a sofa with a beer IN THE OFFICE after a successful project

is destroying his soul because it has a dollar sign in the company name. Instead he's a full-time parent, which is certainly a valid choice, but I guess it's lucky his wife has a well-paying non-soul-destroying job, and doesn't want the free time to hang out with their child or pursue her own hobbies like in the quote.

Also "One beer with the rest of the team" is 'a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can always open a yarn shop.

Does anyone have that comic? It's not zip penis, but has a similar message.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I wish the first panel were my av 🧞‍♂️

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

beanieson posted:

I wish the first panel were my av 🧞‍♂️

Goddamnit, you could've wished for world peace or whatever.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Should have wished for the second panel

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
I wish the second panel were datajugend's av 🧞‍♂️

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Love the new thread title, especially since out of context it looks like a command

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Taeke posted:

Goddamnit, you could've wished for world peace or whatever.

You are a good and benevolent genie. And I am not a clever man.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

beanieson posted:

:nice:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

beanieson posted:

Wasn't me, though.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Paladinus posted:

You can always open a yarn shop.

Does anyone have that comic? It's not zip penis, but has a similar message.

I occasionally pass by the supposedly Largest Yarn Shop In my home state and I will never be able to not reflexively think about the drat “What are you waiting for drop everything and open a yarn shop” comic, even though the shop has been around since the 90’s and is very popular.

My “favorite” Zen Pencils is probably the “Abandon your family to follow your dream of fighting imaginary dragons” one, which had a fantastic Mario themed parody.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Love the new thread title, especially since out of context it looks like a command

Now I can finally point out that the mom was also grounded in the comic that led to the previous title.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Does anyone have the context here? I saw it mentioned in the thread that this is something that the author said, but I couldn't find anything googling it.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Get well soon, Boris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

om nom nom posted:

Does anyone have the context here? I saw it mentioned in the thread that this is something that the author said, but I couldn't find anything googling it.

not exactly

part one

part two