Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Corporate america normalizing rent strikes continues to be the funniest and best part of this whole situation. Cheesecake Factory welcomes you to the revolution, comrade.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/12...ingawful.com%2F

Maybe Staples should ask friends and or families for a small loan or cut back on utilities. They could also stop eating out or stop drinking starbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Defenestrategy posted:

Maybe Staples should ask friends and or families for a small loan or cut back on utilities. They could also stop eating out or stop drinking starbucks.

Eh just learn to code. Personal responsibility and boot straps, they should have had three months rent and utilities on hand for emergencies. If they're not saving money for that it's their own fault and nobody else's. only this time it actually is because Staples does not live in poverty making poo poo wages at three jobs they blew it all on hookers and blow for their stocks and CEOs.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I can only hope editors and agents are taking the last four years into account while deciding what plotlines are too farfetched.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Heh, just because they won't doesn't mean they can't.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

RIP Bernie (suspending campaign not dead)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

RIP Bernie (suspending campaign not dead)

Just to give y'all a source:

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1247908763555823619?s=19

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Most outlets reporting now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:rip: america

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Godspeed, Bernie. A better man than we deserved.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did people think Bernie was still going to get the nomination? He lost a month ago.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fallom posted:

Did people think Bernie was still going to get the nomination? He lost a month ago.

I don't think so, outside some C-SPAM pollyannas. It would have been personally gratifying to see him use Biden as a punching bag right up to the nomination, though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

It was still technically possible, but the more important thing at the moment is that if he had broken some delegate threshold he'd have more power in drafting portions of the platform. By dropping out below that threshold, Biden delegates will be the only delegates able to propose additions to the platform. In other words, :rip: to all the delegate/superdelegate changes from 2016

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Fallom posted:

Viva la revolución

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Fallom posted:

There's a lot of people out there that don't understand delegate math.

source: my Facebook feed

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
He's probably pushed the party as far left as he's capable of doing. Whether or not its enough is a debate I guess we should have in the other thread.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
He lost a month ago and the nail in the coffin was when Democrats decided the best course of action was to pretend #metoo never happened.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

McNally posted:

He lost a month ago and the nail in the coffin was when Democrats decided the best course of action was to pretend #metoo never happened.

I'm trying to reconcile what happened to Al Franken versus how Biden is being handled today and I keep crashing the spreadsheet. Please help

they both deserve to be investigated and punished accordingly

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

McNally posted:

Yeah, I have my disillusioned criticisms of Bernie and some of his decorum-by-another-name nonsense, but I am beyond disgusted by what happened with the allegations.

EDIT:

egyptian rat race posted:

I'm trying to reconcile what happened to Al Franken versus how Biden is being handled today and I keep crashing the spreadsheet. Please help

I don't have to. I'm real used to this kind of triage/calculus. Performative sacrifices when one must (franken), but when it comes down to what powerful men want, they don't hesitate to throw women under the bus. Doesn't matter what side they're on, what banner they uphold. They've all done it, in one form or another.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 8, 2020

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Do you think Biden'll announce Kamala as his VP now or do we have to wait until the convention for that

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
I was under the impression it was gonna be Klobuchar, as a real kick in the throat.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Old Boot posted:

I was under the impression it was gonna be Klobuchar, as a real kick in the throat.

Figured the stapler thrower or Whitmer to try and shore up Midwest support. It will likely be as impactful as Kaine was

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Old Boot posted:

Klob has mostly been floated by moderates/centrists who want it to happen but realistically have no loving clue who it'll be.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Klob slipped post-endorsement that she joined the ticket. So either she's an idiot that can't keep a secret, or she's an idiot that confused one thing for another.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Klob slipped post-endorsement that she joined the ticket. So either she's an idiot that can't keep a secret, or she's an idiot that confused one thing for another.

Sounds like a winner to me!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Biden's VP pick is going to be Thomas Modly.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

egyptian rat race posted:

I think the big difference is that in every big sexual assault accusation that's blown up, there's always been multiple accusers. Clinton, Cosby, Trump, Weinstein, Lauer, Kavanaugh, most of them followed the same pattern—when one accusation came out, they were swiftly followed by others accusing the same behavior. Which, of course, is typically how it works—rapists and abusers don't stop at one person, they use their power to do whatever the hell they want, and often get more brazen about it the longer they go on. Even Franken had multiple people calling out his behavior, with photographic evidence, though of course his conduct was far less heinous than that of the other men I've mentioned.

With Biden, that hasn't quite happened yet. There was a minor blowup about his inability to respect personal space around women last year, as we all remember, but even that was a far cry from what even Franken had done (Which involved unwanted kisses and groping as "jokes"). The most recent accusation is by far the most heinous, but it's also one accusation, with little to no contemporary evidence—which means, in effect, it's a "he said, she said" situation.

I think most democrats, and I'll even include Bernie in this category, are in a wait-and-see attitude towards the accusation. It's serious and deserve to be investigated, but at this point it would be difficult for most of them to demand outright he step down based on a single unsubstantiated statement. If more women begin to come out and say "Joe Biden forcefully kissed me/groped me/raped me," then I imagine you'll see a lot of people in the party suddenly rediscover their spines—but until then, they'll say nothing and hope it's not true.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

(Which involved unwanted kisses and groping as "jokes").

Uh, Biden is on film doing this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think the big difference is that in every big sexual assault accusation that's blown up, there's always been multiple accusers. Clinton, Cosby, Trump, Weinstein, Lauer, Kavanaugh, most of them followed the same pattern—when one accusation came out, they were swiftly followed by others accusing the same behavior. Which, of course, is typically how it works—rapists and abusers don't stop at one person, they use their power to do whatever the hell they want, and often get more brazen about it the longer they go on. Even Franken had multiple people calling out his behavior, with photographic evidence, though of course his conduct was far less heinous than that of the other men I've mentioned.

With Biden, that hasn't quite happened yet. There was a minor blowup about his inability to respect personal space around women last year, as we all remember, but even that was a far cry from what even Franken had done (Which involved unwanted kisses and groping as "jokes"). The most recent accusation is by far the most heinous, but it's also one accusation, with little to no contemporary evidence—which means, in effect, it's a "he said, she said" situation.

I think most democrats, and I'll even include Bernie in this category, are in a wait-and-see attitude towards the accusation. It's serious and deserve to be investigated, but at this point it would be difficult for most of them to demand outright he step down based on a single unsubstantiated statement. If more women begin to come out and say "Joe Biden forcefully kissed me/groped me/raped me," then I imagine you'll see a lot of people in the party suddenly rediscover their spines—but until then, they'll say nothing and hope it's not true.

If yall move the goalposts any faster on #metoo you'll invent time travel

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I’m pretty sure Biden slipped and said a woman of color and Kamala was present in a few events shoring up support. If he wanted to play the game he goes for Stacey Abrams, I used to think she wasn’t someone who would go for Joe, but since she showed up for Bloomberg bucks who knows.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Internet Wizard posted:

Do you think Biden'll announce Kamala as his VP now or do we have to wait until the convention for that

You all laugh, but there's plenty of leftovers from 2016 that haven't been dug out of the fridge. Ain't nobody getting takeout until we finish those leftovers!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
If biden didn't already promise a woman VP I bet you he would have picked Cuomo after this virus stuff. And then in a few months we hear that he fudged the numbers in NYC to get people back to work earlier and has blood on his hands. He's already saying that NYC has peaked and is going back down and wants people back to work ASAP but they aren't testing as many people now or people who die at home so the numbers aren't actually going down.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I keep saying this but the last time a NY pol stepped up to fill a leadership void from the white house during a national crisis everyone wanted to appoint Rudy Giuliani god-emperor.

How's that plan aged?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ah very cool. Glad Bernard waited until after people risked their lives to vote for him yesterday to drop out.

(I get that he likely stayed in to make sure people showed up for the important down ballot race, namely the state Supreme Court race, but this is just another kick in the dick. I am so, so tired)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Biden statement, all the right notes, obvious that Biden/Bernie are basically friends that ran against each other:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1247922454976233482?s=19

My VP bet would've been Tammy Baldwin, but Wisconsin uses special elections to replace resigned Senators and that is absolutely not a slam dunk, as we've seen. He could poach Governor Whitmer of Michigan, but she's... a bit busy right now! Too bad Kamala is a cop and Klobb likes to throw things at staffers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

The Biden statement, all the right notes, obvious that Biden/Bernie are basically friends that ran against each other:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1247922454976233482?s=19

"Now watch as I do everything possible to ignore this movement"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Evety one of you loving childish idiots who supported Bernie at the detriment of beating Trump must now pledge fealty to the DNC via a Twitter post about how freshmen congresswomen of color are too outspoken and need to fall in line

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Klobuchar has done more damage to political insiders than any goon on this impotent forum, and we should all salute her for braining the swamp.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

"Now watch as I do everything possible to ignore this movement"

If campaigning is going to be A Thing in 2020, Bernie's going to be on the road a goddamn lot for Biden. And unlike 2016, it won't be like they're both trying to pull each others' teeth with old pliers the whole time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Proud Christian Mom posted:

If yall move the goalposts any faster on #metoo you'll invent time travel

Still not as fast as Milano did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

witness the bloodbath

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php