Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Nottherealaborn posted:

After getting 3/4 through making a garden, realized I do not have the DIY to build simple wooden fences...and thus cannot complete my garden walls

Its in my nook machine today, I bought it as I was in the same boat! I just assumed I could craft them, then I ran out of the ones from nook and was annoyed as my machine only had barbed wire and ugly fences...until today!

Anyway do you want to see if I can buy an extra DIY and you could come to my town to pick it up?

Edit: i bought an extra DIY, let me know if you wanna come get it.

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Lucky Cat might be one of Gulliver's rewards

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the Lucky Cat might be one of Gulliver's rewards
That sucks, I was hoping for a DIY lucky item to really max the gently caress outta my feng shui.

(speaking of has anyone datamined it yet, the colors/sides haven't changed I assume)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has anyone made Vegeta's Badman shirt yet?

I'm planning to make one after I finish Goku's Cell Saga jacket, and after I'm gonna do Piccolo's driving school fit

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I suspect just about everyone has all types of fruit on their islands by now, but in case not, all my trees are bearing fruit today. All types of fruit are available. If you do hop on, please only take one trees-worth of each, to leave some for others.

(My turnip price is piss-loving poor, at 97 bells, so definitely don't bother with a speculative connection on that basis!) Edit: Able Sisters have some pretty neat stuff in today.

Edit: gate closed - thanks all that visited; hope you got what you wanted.

Edit: I think I'm now out of cherries. Still got plenty of everything else.

Edit: Just realised I'm out of peaches too. Apples, Oranges, Coconuts, and pears left.

magimix fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 8, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:eyepop:
Thanks for reminding me to scroll down and check for fences....I guess a straw fence is pretty ok too :sigh:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Captain Hygiene posted:

:eyepop:
Thanks for reminding me to scroll down and check for fences....I guess a straw fence is pretty ok too :sigh:

its friggin awesome

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
...I got an S rank on my house all of the sudden. No idea why, it's an absolute mess with hardly anything put together. My only coherent room is the kitchen! Guess it's mostly just from the matching sahara wallpapers/floors?

I hope there's a higher rank than S or that getting S puts me into a new tier of rating because it's pretty disappointing to get an S before I've even started in earnest on my rooms.

In cool news: Found a "lost item" and got a little quest to return it to it's owner, who turned out to be Apple. Cute quest, don't remember it from past games.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

I have reached a point of having never seen rain or meteor showers where I will shower whoever has one of either going on sometime and hosts for a bit with... uh, whatever I've got you might be after. Is that 'riches'? I mean sure, maybe.

Mr Confetti posted:

I have a meteor shower going on right now if anyone wants to come hang out!

Code: Closed

E: Sky dried up

Violen posted:

Hey man is there anything in particular you want me to bring along?

I'd ask you in-game but let's avoid the whole 90 minute 'join island' process more than once if possible.

And a good time was had by all.

Meanwhile, the very next loving morning:

Like Isabelle, you're taking the piss, right?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is this right?

It says Purple Pansies need hybrid reds, but i've made them with two blues.

Also how can I tell the difference between a red rose and a hybrid red that will make a black?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I saw that Celeste can supersize star fragments as decoration furniture and I have this cute plaza ground for seasonal events. If I can get the star bits and other space stuff I think I'll turn that into [The Space Zone] on off season

I've only had Celeste in my town a single time though so I'm usually just running full tilt to towns that have her. Gives me a goal even though I think most of my island is cleaned up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Violen posted:

And a good time was had by all.

Meanwhile, the very next loving morning:

Like Isabelle, you're taking the piss, right?

I guess I clearly need to bitch about how I haven't seen a meteor shower too, then. :v:

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

magimix posted:

I suspect just about everyone has all types of fruit on their islands by now, but in case not, all my trees are bearing fruit today. All types of fruit are available. If you do hop on, please only take one trees-worth of each, to leave some for others.

1PL6J

Thanks for that! Got some pears.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kyrosiris posted:

I guess I clearly need to bitch about how I haven't seen a meteor shower too, then. :v:

no survivors

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I just wanna sell my turnips :sigh:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The more I poke around flower charts, the more I'm not sure it's for me. I might just map out a nice botanical garden with paths and some fences, spread things around more or less randomly then water and let nature take its course.

Especially if stuff actually reaches across grids of 5 not just 3.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

magimix posted:

(My turnip price is piss-loving poor, at 97 bells, so definitely don't bother with a speculative connection on that basis!) Edit: Able Sisters have some pretty neat stuff in today.

1PL6J

Edit: I think I'm now out of cherries. Still got plenty of everything else.

grabbed some pears and apples, thanks!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Opening up shop for the next couple hours.

Kicks is here today:
https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1247920996591394817?s=20

Able sisters' shop today:
https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1247921445012770816?s=20

Nooklings selling:
Cherries, Coffee Cup, black/grey typewriter, 1x silver microphone, R/W Tulips, W/Y Hyacinth, W/Y Mums
Hot Item: Low Wooden Table

Dodo: C1X4B Done, thanks!

E: oh yeah also I have the following DIY recipes available upon request - 1st come first serve, 1 per visitor:

Cherry Speakers, Cherry Blossom Umbrella, Lily Record Player, Cherry Blossom Pochette

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 8, 2020

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Huxley posted:

The more I poke around flower charts, the more I'm not sure it's for me. I might just map out a nice botanical garden with paths and some fences, spread things around more or less randomly then water and let nature take its course.

If you turn those charts 90 degrees, they’re all 3 wide except for roses.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Quick question: A friend who has played this series more than me told me that certain insects will only appear on hybrid flowers, but I haven't actually seen any new insects, now that I've got a few pink / blue / orange flowers. Googling this gets me a bunch of 'how to make hybrid flower' guides, but not actually a list of bugs that require them.

Was I misinformed?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bobulus posted:

Quick question: A friend who has played this series more than me told me that certain insects will only appear on hybrid flowers, but I haven't actually seen any new insects, now that I've got a few pink / blue / orange flowers. Googling this gets me a bunch of 'how to make hybrid flower' guides, but not actually a list of bugs that require them.

Was I misinformed?

Peacock butterflies definitely only spawn around blue/purple flowers, as a start.

After I get my basement built, what do I get for paying off this final loan?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Bobulus posted:

Was I misinformed?

peacock butterflies for sure, don't know of any others off hand

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Sockser posted:

Peacock butterflies definitely only spawn around blue/purple flowers, as a start.

After I get my basement built, what do I get for paying off this final loan?

as soon as you pay it off he informs you that customizations to your house are now free forever

i don't recall what they cost before or if that's the only thing that changes, i just did that this morning

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Thank you to the person that left me a Megacerops skull; that completed the exhibit!

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

kumba posted:

as soon as you pay it off he informs you that customizations to your house are now free forever

i don't recall what they cost before or if that's the only thing that changes, i just did that this morning

That's the only change, and they're 5k beforehand. Not worth it unless you're a completionist and just want to have it fully paid off.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Huxley posted:

I'm kinda doing a bit of both - I have fields set away from my buildings where I grow hybrids, but the flower patterns used to manicure the "town" portion of the island were designed just to be color-coordinated and cool-looking.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lux Animus posted:

Kicks is here today:

Nooklings selling:
Cherries, Coffee Cup, black/grey typewriter, 1x silver microphone, R/W Tulips, W/Y Hyacinth, W/Y Mums

Dodo: C1X4B

E: oh yeah also I have the following DIY recipes available upon request - 1st come first serve, 1 per visitor:

Cherry Speakers, Cherry Blossom Umbrella, Lily Record Player, Cherry Blossom Pochette

Thanks, I've been looking for the wrestling stuff! I left you a fossil by the airport, hopefully it's one you don't have yet.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Alright, through two player voodoo, I've got Naomi back to giving out Lucky Gold Cat DIYs

I'm using turnip exchange this time: https://turnip.exchange/island/e3bfab6b

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
My cruddy town (too lazy to act on my vague plans) has some possible points of interest today:

Able Sisters (immediately to left of airport) has Viking helmets, the full-face Power Ranger helmets (Power Helmet), and steampunk glasses

Saharah is in town; she has Summit wallpaper and Sumo Ring flooring. Large rug: monochromatic wavy; Medium rug: turquoise heart; Small rug: simple small orange mat
(edit: going to have to go afk for a while, I have Saharah trapped on my patio -- make some noise at me and I'll move)

Turnip prices in the toilet, don't bother

Nooks have a pink fax machine and green sewing kit, whatever

Dodo Code CLOSED

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 8, 2020

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Mabel's shop today had a toga with red sash and a halo. Jesus cosplay just in time for Easter!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Lux Animus posted:

Kicks is here today:

Nooklings selling:

Dodo: C1X4B

Thanks for having us! Made a donation to the bridge. Gorgeous island!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Somebody left with the minus button and I lost track of Saharah, trying to re-find

edit: Haven't had any visitors in a bit so closing up. Thanks to all who stopped by!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 8, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Kicks is in town with Samurai Greaves and some neat backpacks. Able's has kung-fu shirts, ancient robes, and bunny hats. I made an item dump near the plaza with fossils and DIYs, plz leave some to go around. Turnip prices are dook. Nook boys have an electronics kit and lucha doll. Help yourself to some apples!

Carcosa awaits...

NNBWT

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Somebody left with the minus button and I lost track of Saharah, trying to re-find

edit: found her, she's now wandering the northeast corner, around the bamboo

Thanks for having us, left some bells on your patio!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Chris Pistols posted:

Thanks for having us, left some bells on your patio!

Aw, thanks! Not necessary but appreciated.

edit: Closing up now since there haven't been any new visitors in a bit. Thanks to all who stopped by!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 8, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

kumba posted:

peacock butterflies for sure, don't know of any others off hand
Yeah, Peacock Butterfly definitely only spawns near hybrids, also seems like they might increase the spawn rate on Rajah Brooke's Birdwing? But that's a small buff at best.

(also Orchid Mantis seems to only spawn on white flowers)

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Not necessary but appreciated.

That's what I want engraved on my headstone.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I've gotten all this kitchen stuff but still nothing to actually prepare food on

ironwood dresser when

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Thanks, I've been looking for the wrestling stuff! I left you a fossil by the airport, hopefully it's one you don't have yet.

Awesome - I did not have that one yet. Thank you!

Chris Pistols posted:

Thanks for having us! Made a donation to the bridge. Gorgeous island!

Thank ye kindly~ :tipshat:

Also, if anyone has a property space clear and wants a jock poison dart frog named Drift who likes KK Metal and skull print flooring, use my Dodo code and come talk to him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

I've gotten all this kitchen stuff but still nothing to actually prepare food on

ironwood dresser when

:same: