Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I see they upgraded it with hazard striping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Jose posted:

lol they've already decided its sanders and his voters fault

Sanders voters were more likely to vote for Clinton than Clinton voters were for Obama and they still blamed it on the left picking up it's ball and taking it home.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We're definitely topping 1k in a day soon. Has anyone else done that yet?

Champions of Coronavirus 2020!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

sebzilla posted:

We're definitely topping 1k in a day soon. Has anyone else done that yet?

Champions of Coronavirus 2020!

The US.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gorn Myson posted:

Their reactions have been beautifully telling though.

Like how even they knew they hosed up when the most praise they could heap on Biden after a media performance was "he sounded so lucid and coherent there". Or when they immediately and quietly gave up on #MeToo when accusations against Biden emerged. When you're at the point where your big argument is "if the only options are rapists then vote for the rapist with the best policies" and you can even specify what those policies are, you're absolutely loving done with reality.

I hope they shelve Biden for Hillary at the DNC though. It would be so satisfying to watch her weird fans eat poo poo again.

Honestly at the rate Joe is declining I don't think shelving him will be optional. It is honestly difficult to believe they have swung behind him of all possible people

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Red Oktober posted:

Probably paddy power at 10/11.

Pence might be worth a small bet at 50-1. Going into an election with the incumbent and challenger both in their 70s during a pandemic that hits the elderly hard has to make for an interesting contest. Especially since the Great Orange One makes a point about deliberately not following medical advice.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am sort of worried as to what is going to happen over the next few months.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/oOoOOsounds/status/1247643675557011457

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

I am sort of worried as to what is going to happen over the next few months.

We all are

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gorn Myson posted:

Their reactions have been beautifully telling though.

Like how even they knew they hosed up when the most praise they could heap on Biden after a media performance was "he sounded so lucid and coherent there". Or when they immediately and quietly gave up on #MeToo when accusations against Biden emerged. When you're at the point where your big argument is "if the only options are rapists then vote for the rapist with the best policies" and you can even specify what those policies are, you're absolutely loving done with reality.

I hope they shelve Biden for Hillary at the DNC though. It would be so satisfying to watch her weird fans eat poo poo again.
He's completing his sentences. Truly a high bar for the role.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

By the end of the week, they will be hitting the 9/11 death toll daily. It's staggering.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247914464319504385

hell world is real

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

That taxidermist is doing some good work.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

HJB posted:

By the end of the week, they will be hitting the 9/11 death toll daily. It's staggering.

we'll be approaching that shortly if the rate of increase doesn't start dropping soon

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Jose posted:

they're going to hide him away from everyone so he doesn't get asked about the rape

I’m pretty confident that they’ll have him drop out after the convention with ill1health so they can just slit in whatever conservative Democrat he’s picked as his running mate

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
just short of 1k dead in a single day and it's not even on the BBC's front page, this loving country lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

ThomasPaine posted:

just short of 1k dead in a single day and it's not even on the BBC's front page, this loving country lmao

I can't even see it anywhere on the news website. It's all just information articles like "how corona virus is affecting religious festivals" and "what to do if... you get something stuck up your arse during lockdown"

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Sunak:

"That has actually influenced some of the design choices we’ve made.

That means some people might fall between through the cracks, it means people are saying, ‘Can you not do it this way, can you include us?’, and the reason we’ve not been able to do that is to protect against exactly that, exactly the risk of fraud or spurious claims that we won’t be able to verify.

So I’m confident the decisions we’ve made will minimise the risk of fraud."

Rage. No words. Just rage.

Edit for words: I don't think this is even saying the quiet part loud anymore. Literally "no we're not helping you in case someone gets away with something" :argh:

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 8, 2020

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm guessing there's official guidance to editors not to have headlines about the death count, probably on the basis that it'd cause a panic.

That it also makes the government look better is a weird bonus that nobody could have predicted.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is not useful to the state to have people panic about a thousand dead per day. It is useful to the state to have people panic about one or two people being stabbed by bearded people in a year.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

We will look back on this period of history seeing that the neoliberal right utterly failed to check the growth of the populist right, leading to the normalisation of extremes of racism, incompetence and vicious amoral destructive policies. While the neoliberal center left successfully held off the radical left from riding that zeitgeist for change and enacting popular and moral policies: through a combination of constructed media narratives, institutional control, respectability politics, weaponized wokeness, and self-defeating flagellation played out in the press. Leading to a continually rising right and a further weakened 'center-left' who have no vision of what they would do with power even if they could attain it.

gently caress :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The BBC needs shutting down.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

bernie is ending his campaign. cool that the world is getting another 4 years of trump imo

Bloodbath in the lepers colony.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Desiderata posted:

We will look back on this period of history

Ah, an optimist :v:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Jippa posted:

Bloodbath in the lepers colony.

should keep the forum coffers filled for a few months

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Desiderata posted:

We will look back on this period of history seeing that the neoliberal right utterly failed to check the growth of the populist right, leading to the normalisation of extremes of racism, incompetence and vicious amoral destructive policies. While the neoliberal center left successfully held off the radical left from riding that zeitgeist for change and enacting popular and moral policies: through a combination of constructed media narratives, institutional control, respectability politics, weaponized wokeness, and self-defeating flagellation played out in the press. Leading to a continually rising right and a further weakened 'center-left' who have no vision of what they would do with power even if they could attain it.

gently caress :(

I think this is why we might need to start doing things away from the centres we are used to. Too much is focussed on each victory as opposed to the wider change required.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ThomasPaine posted:

NoT iN tHe PuBlIc InTeReSt

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
‘It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own’, said Cicero. This is so true of the woke bourgeoise who bang on endlessly about ‘Karens’. You know Karens: they’re the busybody, always-complaining, helmet-haired women who stalk the nightmares of sophisticated middle-class people, especially the right-on millennial middle classes. These people are constantly making memes of Karens, showing culturally and sartorially inferior women asking for the manager and generally making a fuss about everything. Which is hilariously ironic given that ‘Karen’-like behaviour – snitching to management, trying to get people sacked, moaning endlessly about every inconvenience – is the stock-in-trade of woke millennials. These Karen-bashers are the biggest Karens of all.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CGI Stardust posted:

‘It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own’, said Cicero. This is so true of the woke bourgeoise who bang on endlessly about ‘Karens’. You know Karens: they’re the busybody, always-complaining, helmet-haired women who stalk the nightmares of sophisticated middle-class people, especially the right-on millennial middle classes. These people are constantly making memes of Karens, showing culturally and sartorially inferior women asking for the manager and generally making a fuss about everything. Which is hilariously ironic given that ‘Karen’-like behaviour – snitching to management, trying to get people sacked, moaning endlessly about every inconvenience – is the stock-in-trade of woke millennials. These Karen-bashers are the biggest Karens of all.

Lotta words to say no u, but i guess the guardian pays by the word and 2p won't pay the bills will it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

so basically cat memes with the name 'karen' in it is just as bad as people calling the cops on black people for just being in public (pre quarantine)

is what you're saying

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lotta words to say no u, but i guess the guardian pays by the word and 2p won't pay the bills will it
noted big-brain boy Brendan, for Spiked. thought I'd catch up with what he was saying about the pandemic, and here we are

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/04/06/the-class-hatred-behind-karen-bashing/

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ForwardMmtm/status/1247941211610112005
Has anyone been following this "Forward Momentum" stuff?

I mean yeah, clearly what the left needs right now is a pressure group inside a pressure group. But on the other hand Momentum have really hosed up hard recently, failing to swing people behind their slate for the NEC let alone RLB for leader.

To be honest Momentum (and I'm a member) have been kind of a let-down. I always envisaged some kind of community organising and volunteering base, going around in Momentum/Labour T-shirts going objectively nice things for people so that at the next election they might not think nobody cares about them.

Instead it ended up being a constant battle to try and defend Corbyn against his own party, with Lansman basically using Momentum as his personal bloc vote. Hmm. Maybe things can change?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Did BoJo die yet? I need something to be happy about

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CGI Stardust posted:

Furthermore I believe Karethage must be destroyed.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

TACD posted:

I think we honestly might do that this year; it was very uncomfortable last year when we were only in the flat after work, and it seems likely we'll still be working from home this summer.
lol 'a few days per year' == probably every day from May until September. We have a unit with an exhaust host already but it's extremely old and cranky. From skimming that video it seems like our best option would be to get a dual-hose unit but loving hell, ~£600+ is a lot to spend on a big noisy box to make cold

If you're using air con daily for four months a year, it might be worth looking at having a split unit professionally installed. It would be more expensive than £600 for a duel-hose portable, but a lot more efficient/quiet/effective/convenient/space-saving/etc.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Koalas March posted:

He's gonna survive and be hailed as a living hero-martyr, sorry.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Apraxin posted:

He's gonna survive and be hailed as a living hero-martyr, sorry.

Isn't a living martyr an oxymoron

gently caress me that's why it's gonna happen isn't it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/ForwardMmtm/status/1247941211610112005
Has anyone been following this "Forward Momentum" stuff?

I mean yeah, clearly what the left needs right now is a pressure group inside a pressure group. But on the other hand Momentum have really hosed up hard recently, failing to swing people behind their slate for the NEC let alone RLB for leader.

To be honest Momentum (and I'm a member) have been kind of a let-down. I always envisaged some kind of community organising and volunteering base, going around in Momentum/Labour T-shirts going objectively nice things for people so that at the next election they might not think nobody cares about them.

Instead it ended up being a constant battle to try and defend Corbyn against his own party, with Lansman basically using Momentum as his personal bloc vote. Hmm. Maybe things can change?

That's pretty much 100% what the ForwardMomentum reorganisation/rebrand is going to wind up doing, although they won't just be helping people they'll be helping 'the left' so it'll be campaign support and participation rather than volunteer charity work.

Koalas March posted:

No, chances are he's going to live.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

namesake posted:

No, chances are he's going to live.

This pandemic loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

jabby posted:

If you're using air con daily for four months a year, it might be worth looking at having a split unit professionally installed. It would be more expensive than £600 for a duel-hose portable, but a lot more efficient/quiet/effective/convenient/space-saving/etc.

Rather assumes you aren't renting, though...?