Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

everyone posted:

(what Solomon wants)
there's what Solomon wants, and what Solon wants, y'know?

rannum posted:

I'm happy that my main man, politely kneeling mantis dude, is going to get all kinds of riches & titles out of this
only to immediately lose it all as the empire gets upended, thus leading to joining the pursuers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

wiegieman posted:

There are 2 people who know Ki Rata, but the other one actually adheres to the oath he took not to use it.

Wait, who's the other one?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, who's the other one?

In one of the big map spreads of Throne, there's a tower of the last sage of Ki Rata. I think Abaddon mentioned in an ask that he doesn't like talking about Solomon.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

This guy: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-5-43-to-5-44-ashton/

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I really like the wordless exchange between the bald guy with the axe and the sword guy who remained kneeling.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I figure that Solomon’s attack will:

A) Make 10 VG’s attack look like a tiny speck.

B) Will inadvertently either destroy one of his suns... or create a third one.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

wiegieman posted:

There are 2 people who know Ki Rata, but the other one actually adheres to the oath he took not to use it.

Technically I think the oath allows you to use it on other people who are planning to, so he'd be in the clear to Ki Rata Solomon into dust.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ashcans posted:

Technically I think the oath allows you to use it on other people who are planning to, so he'd be in the clear to Ki Rata Solomon into dust.

Solomon loses his empire one way or another, decides to go seek the path of Royalty, at long last. He travels to throne and seeks the advice of the old monk the tower. The monk realizes that he's talking to the former demiurge who famously broke the oath of Ki Rata and murdered all the other practitioners, righteous bloodshed ensues.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Ten-point is a citykiller, so I think five-point will be a bit more restrained than that.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I hope the other Ki Rata guy never shows up again in the comic. I just love that there's this apocalyptic, demiurge tier powerhouse living in Throne who adheres to his oath so strictly that he mostly just gives people relationship and business advice while chilling in his tower and people have just gotten used to him.

He could utterly destabilize the power balance of the entire universe, but he is not about to do poo poo unless somebody tries to learn Ki Rata and everyone knows it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Precambrian posted:

I hope the other Ki Rata guy never shows up again in the comic. I just love that there's this apocalyptic, demiurge tier powerhouse living in Throne who adheres to his oath so strictly that he mostly just gives people relationship and business advice while chilling in his tower and people have just gotten used to him.

He could utterly destabilize the power balance of the entire universe, but he is not about to do poo poo unless somebody tries to learn Ki Rata and everyone knows it.

It's Throne though, so there's probably a hundred people like that scattered theoughout the Red City alone as well :allears:.

Also I like that asking anyone to learn Ki Rata starts with "Okay" and ends with a single lesson on being on the receiving end of a single one-point strike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It really is the best thing about this setting, there's so many mountains that we can't possibly visit them all.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Bongo Bill posted:

I really like the wordless exchange between the bald guy with the axe and the sword guy who remained kneeling.

My favorite is the lady in the middle looking one way then the other at all these idiots. I can't really tell but it looks like she's grimacing and grabbing her weird circular weapon, but hasn't moved in the last panel.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Regalingualius posted:

Solomon is an absolute control freak, not a speck of dust will be destroyed that wasn't by his will.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Precambrian posted:

He's not adhering to his oath though. The sole animating purpose of his order was making sure that Solomon David never happened. The Monks of the Silent Voice watched a world die because they thought it was important that Ki Rata never be used. And when Solomon David slaughtered the order and used those techniques to carve out an empire, this dude ran and hid. He's Maya without the decency to be a guilt-ridden drunken wreck.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 8, 2020

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Patrick Spens posted:

He's not adhering to his oath though. The sole animating purpose of his order was making sure that Solomon David never happened. The Monks of the Silent Voice watched a world die because they thought it was important that Ki Rata never be used. And when Solomon David slaughtered the order and used those techniques to carve out an empire, this dude ran and hid. He's Maya without the decency to be a guilt-ridden drunken wreck.

It's possible that there was more than one world with Ki Rata practitioners, and that Dave only eliminated the biggest enclave, and that the guy in Throne didn't even know Dave existed at the time.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Precambrian posted:

I don't think he could because if you remember, like the very first thing SolDave did was kill some Ki Rata masters. That dude can't touch him, likely.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He judges, probably correctly, that he can't fulfill that part of his oath, but that doesn't mean he's given up on the other parts.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Lights posted:

It's possible that there was more than one world with Ki Rata practitioners, and that Dave only eliminated the biggest enclave, and that the guy in Throne didn't even know Dave existed at the time.

If that were the case, it's not like Dave has been hiding. He holds a big, "come try to kill me" tourney every so often. So why hasn't this dude go off to try and kill him?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Patrick Spens posted:

If that were the case, it's not like Dave has been hiding. He holds a big, "come try to kill me" tourney every so often. So why hasn't this dude go off to try and kill him?

He waits until he finds a student that can surpass him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tarezax posted:

He waits until he finds a student that can surpass him.

Always two they are, no more, no less.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

a computing pun posted:

I like to believe that Dave hasn't considered the possibility that a person would wish for anything other than to take his place. Or, at least, that anyone powerful enough and (in his mind, therefore wise and virtuous enough) to scratch him would - I'm sure he knows that there are plenty of fools who would wish for love or money or whatever, but, like, he created a perfect world-spanning empire, the greatest dominion ever to exist. It's forever his greatest achievement, obviously it's also the greatest desire of anyone sensible.

A funny little thing is that a lot of us have used "scratch" to describe drawing blood from Davy, but this is deeply unlikely for the simple reason that diamonds, while not invincible, are famously immune to scratching by anything other than other diamonds.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

A funny little thing is that a lot of us have used "scratch" to describe drawing blood from Davy, but this is deeply unlikely for the simple reason that diamonds, while not invincible, are famously immune to scratching by anything other than other diamonds.

Should set him on fire instead. Diamonds burn perfectly well.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Never mind, question got answered.

Also, I cannot wait to see what White Chain thinks up to some how surprise us.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 8, 2020

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Tulip posted:

Just keep smacking him in the face with his own fingernails while yelling "Stop scratching yourself"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Imagine how awkward it would be if, after the incoming obliteration, he got nicked by a severed arm still holding a weapon.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Imagine how awkward it would be if, after the incoming obliteration, he got nicked by a severed arm still holding a weapon.

I seriously doubt he's vulnerable to anything that doesn't have a force of will behind it.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Precambrian posted:

hmm, one thing about this is, surely if he lives in a well known part of Throne, Solomon would have heard of him - how hasn't Solomon ruthlessly and singlemindedly tracked him down and one-fingered him?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Pacra posted:

hmm, one thing about this is, surely if he lives in a well known part of Throne, Solomon would have heard of him - how hasn't Solomon ruthlessly and singlemindedly tracked him down and one-fingered him?

I believe a Tumblr question addressed this and their relationship was described something along the lines of "Respectful, mortal enemies"

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Pacra posted:

The Old Monk isn't actually a Ki Rata master. He just pretends to be one so nobody will mess with him because he's an introvert. The people asking him for advice are barely tolerated and given answers made up on the spot with no thought behind them so they'll go away immediately. Somehow, though, he comes up with the answers everyone needs.

Davey met him once, sussed him out in glance, and decided it was not worth even the minimal effort of exposing him.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

To be fair, keeping the other guy around takes care of the work of policing the multipart world for people tryna learn Ki Rata

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Pacra posted:

Throne is neutral territory where the Demiurges don't operate

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Archenteron posted:

I believe a Tumblr question addressed this and their relationship was described something along the lines of "Respectful, mortal enemies"

Close, "Complete and mortal enemies".

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

Throne is neutral territory where the Demiurges don't operate

Not to be devil's advocate (ahahaha), but isn't Gog literally entertainment lord who operates out of throne?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solomon lost all his rings. Now he can be killed.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Pacra posted:

Not to be devil's advocate (ahahaha), but isn't Gog literally entertainment lord who operates out of throne?

I'm guessing there's a distinction between operating a "legitimate" business, like Gog's entertainment megacorp or Mammon's bank, as opposed to flagrantly violating whatever passes for "common" "law" and murdering a dude in the streets.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Can we talk about the dude with the axe who is one of the ones to approach Dave? Like, I really admire that dude's spunk but c'mon man, in an arena full of like, wizards and super martial artists and weird monsters you're a dude with an extremely ordinary looking axe about to come at the god-king. Fuckin lumberjack looking dude about to try to cut him down a demiurge tree.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Rrrrrrrr

I'm gonna getcha

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Barbarians: Intelligence is a dump stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Glagha posted:

Fuckin lumberjack looking dude about to try to cut him down a demiurge tree.

picked the wrong demiurge

EDIT: i'm really curious about that EXTREMELY video games ball-and-chain gorilla

Patware fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 9, 2020