Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I enjoyed the Shovel Knight campaign so much that I really regret my dumbass brain won't let me start any of the other campaigns until I actually beat the final boss rush to finish the first one, which I got completely stuck on and haven't touched in like a year. One of these days I'm gonna have to make a few practice runs just to remember the controls, then set a timer for like three hours and go hog wild on it and if I don't beat it when time's up I just move the gently caress on to the next campaign and swear to never think about it again.

Don't forget to go back and fill up your chalices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

anyone else try the Disaster Report 4 demo?

looked pretty interesting and very unique but definitely janky. I did a quest and wasn't sure how to proceed. Not sure how long it is.

I guess it feels appropriate for right now which is kinda good kinda bad

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Okay that's three nights in a row I'm up past my bedtime on Mario + Rabbids

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

dwarf74 posted:

Okay that's three nights in a row I'm up past my bedtime on Mario + Rabbids

:bubblewoop:
I love this game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

anyone else try the Disaster Report 4 demo?

looked pretty interesting and very unique but definitely janky. I did a quest and wasn't sure how to proceed. Not sure how long it is.

I guess it feels appropriate for right now which is kinda good kinda bad

The reviews are... not great...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played the Japanese demo for that on the PS4 way back when. They have good ideas but they're just really badly made games and not in a way that would ever get charming I think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mario and Rabbids 2 should add Zelda characters to the mix

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Wrong thread

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just posted in the Selling/Trading part of SA Mart but I’m trying to sell/trade my D3 cartridge for some other Switch games, please check the threads, I’m asking $40 shipped but I would go lower or trade.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919529&perpage=40#post503948183

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 8, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Picked up mud runners on sale. Gonna bash my way through the forest hell yeah

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Also just purchased Mud Runner for $8.99.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

How is the joy con support on Mud Runner? Regular vibration or cool HD Rumble effects?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is the retail price of Ringfit Adventure?

I see it going for like $300+ on eBay and amazon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RCarr posted:

$80. $70 if you buy it at a Walmart

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can you really put a price on your fitness and wellbeing?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Cartoon Man posted:

Can you really put a price on your fitness and wellbeing?

no more than MSRP

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BisterdDave posted:

no more than MSRP

Mushy Soft Resting Price.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BisterdDave posted:

no more than MSRP

Given my age it should be 50% off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only people who are going to buy that Lego Mario set are Nintendo and Lego YouTubers.

So it will sell like 4 million sets

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RCarr posted:

If you're looking for a workout game, you can't go too wrong with Fitness Boxing, as I've been saying.

I'm a week into it now and the routines are getting more doable, I'm less sore, yet the 45 minute routine is still the perfect length. While I'm pretty sure I could keep going, by the end I'm feeling pretty good with what I did. It's worked some ducks and weaving into the routine, which I'm not a huge fan of, since the hit detection isn't great (it only registers the hand movements so even if your whole body shifts be sure to actually exaggerate a move a bit with your arms), but they do fit in seamlessly with hooks and uppercuts since they prime the twist movement those require.

I decided to try out each trainer for a week and see which one I like best. It's still a touch pricey, but if you end up using it as much as you should it doesn't matter. Try the demo! Even if it's a bit watered down.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is it possible to get a refund, or credited back for a game purchase on the eShop?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Once and only once if you send a wheedling email to Nintendo customer support I believe

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

No.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I do :blush:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I wanna be, the very best man
Like no groom's friend ever was
To keep them out of trouble is my real quest
To encourage them is my cause

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 8, 2020

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
That's actually pretty darn cool.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ChocNitty posted:

Is it possible to get a refund, or credited back for a game purchase on the eShop?

Yeah, I got one for the Mana collection because the pixel scaling was wacky and it drove me nuts.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Pros: The game does end eventually

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ChocNitty posted:

Anecdotally, it is even possible to get a voucher re-credited. A phone call was all it took. It's supposed to be a one-time thing and completely at their discretion.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I check Amazon now and then (uk) and the resellers on the marketplace have used Switches for anything up to $700 lol

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

hatty posted:

Yeah, I got one for the Mana collection because the pixel scaling was wacky and it drove me nuts.

How was the pixel scaling wonky? It has an integer scaling mode and a full vertical mode. Unless you're a weirdo crusader for stretching retro games to 16:9, of course, but I don't think that's the case.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Guys, I've found the best implementation of the hd rumble ever.
Stick it to the Man has this oscillating rumble that represents you rustling on the brain of other people that's really neat, it waves gradually from left to right and vice versa.
Then I put it on the cushion to get something and it started to resonate and produced the stereotipical Sci-Fi "WoubWoubWoub" telepathy sound... it's awesome.

Also, buy Stick it to the man, it's a really nice half Lucas half Doublefine adventure game. At 3€ it's a steal.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rosalie_A posted:

How was the pixel scaling wonky? It has an integer scaling mode and a full vertical mode. Unless you're a weirdo crusader for stretching retro games to 16:9, of course, but I don't think that's the case.

The integer mode still has uneven pixels unless they fixed it recently. Look at the main characters eyes if you move around, one eye becomes wider than the other if you stand in certain spots. It’s not something that bothers most people I’m just a stickler for stuff like this. Like the ZX games might as well not even be part of the new Megaman Zero collection with how awful the scaling is, poo poo drives me up the wall and I can’t get myself to play them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rosalie_A posted:

Why in the gently caress are there black bars on my ultra wide 32:9 monitor???

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I initially bought BOTW a few months ago, when my wife and I were planning on moving and money was tighter than usual. She reminded me that I was being fiscally irresponsible (I absolutely was, the game is $90 up here in :canada: and we had JUST bought Mario Kart), so I talked to Nintendo chat and explained the whole thing, was super apologetic (again, :canada:) and the rep looked into it, but said she couldn't promise anything.

10 minutes later, she had it reversed, and stated that it was a one-time thing on my account (due to the fact that it wasn't due to a malfunction, or tampering or anything shady, but just a regretted purchase).

Then 2 months later, I bought BOTW and holy gently caress. Worth every single penny.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Tafferling posted:

Guys, I've found the best implementation of the hd rumble ever.
Stick it to the Man has this oscillating rumble that represents you rustling on the brain of other people that's really neat, it waves gradually from left to right and vice versa.
Then I put it on the cushion to get something and it started to resonate and produced the stereotipical Sci-Fi "WoubWoubWoub" telepathy sound... it's awesome.

Also, buy Stick it to the man, it's a really nice half Lucas half Doublefine adventure game. At 3€ it's a steal.

Played it on the Vita, it's surprisingly good. The humor and style go a long way.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

How is the joy con support on Mud Runner? Regular vibration or cool HD Rumble effects?

You can literally feel the gears shifting and the ruts you get in, they did right by the hd rumble.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

You can literally feel the gears shifting and the ruts you get in, they did right by the hd rumble.

How’s the game run on Switch? It’s always a game I wanted to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is King of Cards the best Shovel Knight game? Quite possibly. I don't think he has the best movement though it's not the worst either, and there are some really cool relics you don't ever really need to use, but the level design is particularly good. They did a great job designing the levels to what you need to do and what you can do. I feel the maps are the most elaborate thus far too. Specter Knight was similar in this regard and as fun as it was, there was less variety I felt. Plague Knight is really cool, but far harder to appreciate. The Blue Digger almost seems dull compared to all of them, but that's wholly false.

I think I'd rank it King Knight, Shovel Knight/Plague Knight, Specter Knight.

And Joustus isn't really that bad. I love how you can just buy cheat cards and win all the matches. I know no matches are required but what do you get for beating the free-loaders in the airship?

Also new sales are coming up in Europe, tomorrow/today the 9th. After that the whole Spring sale will last till the 19th.

I'm curious to see if anything will top AC: Pirates Rebel Cry or whatever it's called. I'll be getting that unless something better comes up.