Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

xzzy posted:

Fire IS recycling. You're turning oxygen and something else into light.

If you burn up stuff, the smoke goes into the sky and becomes stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

LifeSunDeath posted:

star dust to star dust

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BlackMK4 posted:

star dust to star dust

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky.

I'm pretty lit right now, you're sending me down a bowie rabbit hole.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm pretty lit right now, you're sending me down a bowie rabbit hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_Jh3NpdGU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

LifeSunDeath posted:

That doesn’t sound right but I don’t know enough about stars to dispute it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I watched a cop at a light across the corner from me, watching the lady next to me take a huge rip from her very obvious weed vape pen, and watched as the cop just laughed and drove away as the light turned green.

NACAB???

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

That doesn’t sound right but I don’t know enough about stars to dispute it.

It takes a long time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

I watched a cop at a light across the corner from me, watching the lady next to me take a huge rip from her very obvious weed vape pen, and watched as the cop just laughed and drove away as the light turned green.

NACAB???

how do you know its not just a normal vape?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BraveUlysses posted:

If the smoke that comes out is green, it's a weed vape.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Lmao

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You Am I posted:

The ones in Australia just have a hole in the side and turf the garbage in that way

That's what I'm used to seeing, except with the arm on the other side.

MRC48B posted:

Paying for a hydraulic system (and not maintaining it and having it torch an entire truck) is still cheaper than paying for pensions and medical bills for the hosed up backs of the guys who would have to ride on the back and toss the bins. By a significant margin.

Growing up, the garbage men would actually go drag your garbage cans from the side of the house to their trucks, dump them in, then put them back. Made a hell of a noise at 5am next to my bedroom window (oldschool metal garbage pails).

My parents still bitch about having to put their garbage out at the curb, and REALLY bitch when code enforcement leaves a nastygram for leaving the bins out at the curb every day instead of the designated days. :corsair:

That guy did an impressive jump. I wanna know how far the truck rolled after though. Assuming it was a dual control truck, anyway, and that he was both the driver and operator.

e: found the video with audio, better quality. I never knew there were people who had a fetish for garbage trucks. :iiam: Guy who posted it says the guy was uninjured.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 4, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My roommate refuses to separate out the recycling (and gives me hell if I do it myself) because "communism"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Get a new roommate

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

No. 6 posted:

Get a new roommate

Fully put the roommate into the trash.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meltie posted:

Wait until you have to take him out

:haw:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, it's pretty obvious it's a retrofit vs purpose-built.

After I moved into my house, our township switched from one garbage company to another. With that came mechanized pickup so everyone got issued the bins that can be used with the arms and the trucks were like the one above. Then years later the township switched back to the original waste company and now we have the ones with the front bin.

The front bin allows a normal dumpster loading truck to do mechanized pickup of the wheeled bins.

The retrofits seem to be a ton worse about littering on garbage day. I noticed immediately after we moved to mechanized pickup how much less trash was floating around the neighborhood after garbage day, but once we switched back to the original company, that was using the retrofitted trucks, there's a lot more litter after pickup. Stuff is more prone to blow out of the bin before they dump it into the truck.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 4, 2020

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

meltie posted:

Roommates are compostable.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BraveUlysses posted:

Being that I was right next to her, I recognized the branding and the distinct pull with the suppressed cough.

But also, most nicotine vapes aren't made to be that kind of form factor, at least in my experience.

Doesn't matter really, it's just one of those things I really noticed because of the cops reaction.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Data Graham posted:

My roommate refuses to separate out the recycling (and gives me hell if I do it myself) because "communism"

:sever:

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Wasabi the J posted:

But also, most nicotine vapes aren't made to be that kind of form factor, at least in my experience.

The cheap starter kits are real commonly the same kind of pen vape setup.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Big Taint posted:

Roommates are compostable.

Unless made of glass.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Computer viking posted:

I'm in Oslo, Norway - the previous conservative government moved to have a private company collect garbage, and it went off the rails quickly: Not enough people, not enough trucks, illegal contracts, the lot. The incoming liberal governent eventually gave up on having the company sort things out, and moved it back to a county service with county employees. Probably the single largest political mess here for decades; garbage collection is Serious Business.
A related tale with more mechanical failure, kind of: A couple of decamiles south, in 2016, there was a bit of a debacle after new contractors (the same idiots as above, actually, around the same time) for the local county recycling operation had neglected to think of such things as road classifications and truck weight, and thus were required to do something about it or be fined, get sued, all that, because their trucks were grossly overweight and seriously wrecked havoc on smaller local roads. Instead of aquiring smaller trucks (an expensive option) they chose to literally cut out a few cm of the middle of the trucks and weld them back together, thus removing both laden and unladen mass.

e: Well the company that took over the contract and trucks after the idiots went bankrupt had to do it

F4rt5 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 5, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can't remember the last time I read the word 'decamiles'.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Norwegian 10km miles or US 1.6km miles?

Also, that's one step sillier than I'd expected from them; I was imagining something more like "sell their existing trucks for far too little to Ukraine because the bosses wife knows someone, then somehow get the county to lend them money at no interest to buy new ones, then declare bankruptcy but somehow transfer the new valuable trucks to a new company first".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Computer viking posted:

Also, that's one step sillier than I'd expected from them; I was imagining something more like "sell their existing trucks for far too little to Ukraine because the bosses wife knows someone, then somehow get the county to lend them money at no interest to buy new ones, then declare bankruptcy but somehow transfer the new valuable trucks to a new company first".

Whoa, whoa, whoa, not every country is as innovative as america.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This looks expensive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ptiuGpuOm/

otaku69
May 18, 2003

Memento posted:

The police here in Australia announced they weren't going to do breath testing stations anymore, and then went "uhh, but, umm, we totally trust Australian drivers to be responsible and not take advantage of this", demonstrating they know nothing about Australian drivers.

I think the cost of getting drunk in Australia should be a good enough deterrent against drunk driving.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

someone fixed the broken handle on their car battery

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Brute Squad posted:

No, they made a combination heater & camping lamp.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Brute Squad posted:

I want to hear that conversation with the AutoZone employee when they went to buy the battery terminals...

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Brute Squad posted:

Easy mistake to make. The terminals are actually supposed to go on the outside of the loop.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Brute Squad posted:

Looks sturdy to me.... Whats the problem here?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

This has to be a joke

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

chrisgt posted:

I want to hear that conversation with the AutoZone employee when they went to buy the battery terminals...
"5-speed or automatic?"

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Sorry for the "FWD: Funy picture"-quality posting but w/e I laughed:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fifty Three posted:

"5-speed or automatic?"

I was, honest to god, asked at Advance Auto if my 1966 Pontiac Bonneville was front-wheel-drive.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

I was, honest to god, asked at Advance Auto if my 1966 Pontiac Bonneville was front-wheel-drive.

LOL, it's AWD right?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Congrats on getting the newbie that mindlessly reads the prompts because he hasn't learned which to ignore yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

PainterofCrap posted:

It is just like an Olds Toronado right?