Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xepherra posted:

Another one of our EMTs died of the roni this morning. He was 24.

Hospital admin sent this out a few hours later

We truly live in hell, folks.

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

they knew since the operation dark winter simulation in 2001 that the US wasn't equipped to handle a bad breakout but decades of huffing farts over having the "best" medical care in the world neutered any possibility of improving it

hell the division game was based on operation dark winter

the us will never be prepared to handle a pandemic so long as it chooses to deny all medical care to 10% of its population

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Over Easy posted:

lets see how that looks in a couple iterations

p hosed up if you ask me

Enhance.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

haha remember what good news felt like

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao what the hell, he isnt doing anything to "handle" it but go on tv

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The whole commercial employee thing is such a capitalist loving. These people should be protected from the unwashed hordes blasting them with roni. However trump has decided to profiteer from crimes against humanity via seizing medical supplies during a pandemic and reselling them. Hospitals don't have ppe. It is just not appropriate to divert ppe for these fellow laborers.

This is where the capitalism comes to gently caress. Ideally these shops are closed and workers put on paid leave. The 6 figures a year board members scream HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR IT. So the only options are lay everyone off, force them to work until they die in the plague pits, or instead outbid hospitals for ppe (this will cost more than just paying employees to stay safe at home, as is tradition)

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

cat-like commanding detecting

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

from when????

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the week or so between bernie winning nevada and the dems ratfucking him

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

time 2 break out the fauci candles

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
today i was in the drugstore and in strode a chaunticleerian doofus, like guy fieri and carrot top's baby, an obvious shithead

he started singing as he strutted around the aisles unmasked, his dyed blond hair and goatee flapping in the breeze created by his lungs

at first he was just humming but after a minute or two he was singing at high volume (evangelical metal ballad? maybe!)

my seven-foot swine prod had run low on juice because i'd been using it a lot, so masked and gloved i approached and told him that singing is one of the best ways to spread the roni

nonplussed, his lizard brain worked to come up with a response but all he managed to say was "uhhhhhh well i" before i told him i was just offering the information and he sullenly thanked me but didn't start singing again

that's enough adventure to last me another two weeks

i bet he infected me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
just ate some chocolate almonds, what's up deathcrew

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Xepherra posted:

Another one of our EMTs died of the roni this morning. He was 24.

Hospital admin sent this out a few hours later

We truly live in hell, folks.

roni 👏discharge👏
roni 👏discharge👏

https://youtu.be/GsBrd3u1JZw

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

Lol. If you allow this couple to do this, everyone would be doing.

At that point nobody is doing social distance, somewhere you have to draw a line and have more people following the rule than exceptions. Everyone think "his case" is a exception, but you must not make exceptions.

I live with the fear my mom will do one of these exceptions and get infected and to die.

They live together, if one of them has it they both have it, right

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao what the hell, he isnt doing anything to "handle" it but go on tv

Strong daddy

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

the week or so between bernie winning nevada and the dems ratfucking him

oh yeah, six weeks ago, those sure were the days *cowers in bean shelter and takes another hit*

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Yup, sag and dga. Highly doubt it's gonna happen on their ideal timeline.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Google Butt posted:

Good news is an oxymoron. Like military intelligence or business ethics.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1248019049071538179?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
At the factory I work new guidelines have been put in place today. These guidelines are specifically to protect management from us filthy people on the floor. We are no longer allowed to talk to them in person, it can only be done over a phone. They have also installed plexiglass in the entrance that we must walk through that divides us from management's hallway. A bathroom has also been deemed as off limits to all but management.

The factory floor workers are livid.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Google Butt posted:

the dow jones had another strong day

you're welcome :glomp:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Thinking about how I've been feeling a dull wheeze for the past couple of days. Checked the pulse ox at work and I'm at 96. Thinking about how I've been face to face with all of the mri department and radiology managers during this time.

Working hard, thank you!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This week has black pilled me more than any other week.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cool my test came back negative, that makes me feel better

still have to finish this quarantine tho lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1248022813090299904?s=19

pandemic profiteers

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

At the factory I work new guidelines have been put in place today. These guidelines are specifically to protect management from us filthy people on the floor. We are no longer allowed to talk to them in person, it can only be done over a phone. They have also installed plexiglass in the entrance that we must walk through that divides us from management's hallway. A bathroom has also been deemed as off limits to all but management.

Strike. STRIKE. STRIKE!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mr Hootington posted:

Take over their areas

what are they gonna do, fire you which will ironically make you safer?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So friend of the family died in NJ because hospital did not have any spare ventilators and was sent home

Has anyone else heard of people dying on us soil yet due to lack of ventilators in specific areas yet

Last I heard it was going to happen, but had not yet happened to anyone in the US

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1247933676874334208

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I would love to strike. Most of my coworkers are coward chud boomers. When I mentioned what amazon and other factory workers are doing they shifted to just wanting hazard pay.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Mr Hootington posted:

Jesus christ. The floor workers should strike.

Mr Hootington posted:

I would love to strike. Most of my coworkers are coward chud boomers. When I mentioned what amazon and other factory workers are doing they shifted to just wanting hazard pay.

Well poo poo. Are there protections in your state for quitting because of coronavirus risk?

It's times like these I feel very lucky I just got laid off.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hadlock posted:

So friend of the family died in NJ because hospital did not have any spare ventilators and was sent home

Has anyone else heard of people dying on us soil yet due to lack of ventilators in specific areas yet

Last I heard it was going to happen, but had not yet happened to anyone in the US

This is happening all over and is not being reported on. Social media is full of stories.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Cool my test came back negative, that makes me feel better

still have to finish this quarantine tho lol

congrats on the false negative

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Asproigerosis posted:

I can tell you with absolute authority that right now that unless is done in house at the hospital or a state lab, it is being sent to quest to sit in the backlog of millions of tests. It is a 7-10 day wait for results from quest.

Don't be silly.

It might be being sent to LabCorp to sit in their backlog of millions of tests!

The free market provides!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

just ate some chocolate almonds, what's up deathcrew

i actually ate chocolate pretzels today and they owned

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

gonna laugh when your whole management team gets infected but nobody in your factory does

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Hadlock posted:

We have numerous patients from new york/new Jersey down here in delaware because hospitals full up there lol :iiam:

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Utz posted:

today i was in the drugstore and in strode a chaunticleerian doofus

I’m gonna savour this phrase like a butterscotch sweet

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Guess how you get hazard pay. You strike. Why would the boss pay you more for work you're already doing now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
jesus gently caress it's worse than i imagined
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1247989202727383043