Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkie posted:

It does vary from state to state, but for example, in one state, I know all you have to do is report each week and answer "yes" when the website or automated phone script asks you if you've looked for work - no other details are asked for. Just "yes" you have been looking. This is, in this state, never checked up on. So yeah, every week you have to go to the website or call the number and a script asks you if you've had any income, and if you've applied for jobs, etc.

Please check, unless you flat out literally try to commit fraud (nobody really does this) there's no downside to applying. But get familiar with your state's website first.

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

snoo posted:

I assume it varies by state but are they expecting ppl collecting unemployment to be applying for x amount of jobs rn?

thank you for your application to vandalay industries, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a position at this time.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spooky how fast they give u the money, how they pay for that?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

there best be no scabs

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lol yes here is a high throughput manufacturing technique that will surely solve our pressing demand for millions of pieces of PPE

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going on strike for pp

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One time I applied for ui, the job challenged it, and the state set the date for a phone hearing where me and a representative from that employer were both supposed to show up. I forgot about it, got depressed when i realized i messed up, then i got notified that the employer never showed up either. Since they didn't show up (to defend not giving it to me) it defaulted to me and i got it lol.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Morbus posted:

lol yes here is a high throughput manufacturing technique that will surely solve our pressing demand for millions of pieces of PPE

The fixation on disposable PPE in a pandemic of one disease seems nuts, this should be like gas masks and rubber suits for hospital ppl, bleach showers

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Somebody has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Apr 9, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hm

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a helpful bear posted:

https://twitter.com/chaselyons/status/1248019633744908289

bill gates can go out in public without a mask because he has advanced nano bots in his blood that instantly destroy coronavirus

thats the dicks about a 5 min walk from me, hah

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

hey i know that area, that's the dick's in wallingford im pretty sure

:hfive:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

there best be no scabs

I always thought one of the points of the picket line was the implicate threat of violence to scabs who try to cross it to work. Just beat any potential scabs halfway to death, like the proud American people used to do.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mr. Sharps posted:

the way it is here (washington) is you basically apply, get your application rejected for reasons, and then the rejection comes with a number to call / email address to email at which point you get in touch with an actual person who processes it manually. its tedious and rear end backwards but is apparently working for people. theres exceptions in place for ppl who are jobless / on standby because of the virus and the wait is pretty long, like a week or so once your claim has started processing, but it does seem to go through if youre patient

Super appreciate this post. I'm being furloughed on Monday so Im glad to have some clue how the hell the system works.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Speaking of dicks

Cheney! He had a 13% approval rating! Haw haw.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

shovelbum posted:

disease nuts

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I always thought one of the points of the picket line was the implicate threat of violence to scabs who try to cross it to work. Just beat any potential scabs halfway to death, like the proud American people used to do.

bless

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
You make a good argument, but is that really going to bend the curve?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

certainly the military has access to better tools than 3D printers

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

haha 3D printer go brrr

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BattleMaster posted:

You don't want to accidentally make too many masks though in case the virus goes away.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

You don't want to accidentally make too many masks though in case the virus goes away.

Lol remember that we do that with jets via melting the tooling and closing the factory and so to replace the F22s lost in a hurricane would take an entirely new 30 year design and production cycle

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

shovelbum posted:

Lol remember that we do that with jets via melting the tooling and closing the factory and so to replace the F22s lost in a hurricane would take an entirely new 30 year design and production cycle
the only plane the military can make now is the f-35 flying coffin and that's just loving hilarious

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:popeye:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Sharkie posted:

It does vary from state to state, but for example, in one state, I know all you have to do is report each week and answer "yes" when the website or automated phone script asks you if you've looked for work - no other details are asked for. Just "yes" you have been looking. This is, in this state, never checked up on. So yeah, every week you have to go to the website or call the number and a script asks you if you've had any income, and if you've applied for jobs, etc.

Please check, unless you flat out literally try to commit fraud (nobody really does this) there's no downside to applying. But get familiar with your state's website first.

This is how unemployment works in at least two US states

I think you're supposed to keep notes and date them in case you get audited, but I think they audit like 10 people a year just to show that they're doing basic auditing

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

that's not entirely true, jack dorsey's poo poo is much worse! the bill and melinda gates foundation is actually a non-profit and has to disclose what it's doing and can't act as a venture capital firm. jack's been really shady about what he's doing with his for-profit "charity" llc it in the past
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Where-is-Jack-Dorsey-s-charitable-foundation-13459066.php

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Wow a billion dollars donated*!

*establishing an LLC owned by a trust with a board of directors who draw a salary and have loose guiding principles for how to issue grants or organize fundraising for actual results, filling the entire venture with the sons and daughters of powerful friends, accruing influence by minting resume stuffing busy work for the scions of the elite while never actually accomplishing literally anything except the most insignificant masturbatory "community needs interfacing" and other phrases that mean one time a trustee talked to a soup kitchen manager on Skype

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

fermun posted:

this rules, i live in the area these poles are and i've not found yeast at stores for a weeks but we still have plenty of flour, and to keep a sourdough starter going, you have to toss like half or more of it out every day or something, putting it up where people can use it when there's no yeast instead of just throwing it away is good.

King Arthur Flour's blog (they have great recipes btw) has instructions for keeping a starter going that's only a tablespoon, so very little ongoing waste.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

smarxist posted:

Wow a billion dollars donated*!

*establishing an LLC owned by a trust with a board of directors who draw a salary and have loose guiding principles for how to issue grants or organize fundraising for actual results, filling the entire venture with the sons and daughters of powerful friends, accruing influence by minting resume stuffing busy work for the scions of the elite while never actually accomplishing literally anything except the most insignificant masturbatory "community needs interfacing" and other phrases that mean one time a trustee talked to a soup kitchen manager on Skype

lol, check out the board of directors:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bizcar...y/#58815b42564f

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

if i get the 600 extra trumpbux per week i will literally be making more on unemployment in CA than i did working 40 hours per week

i have a masters <---- :owned:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

donating a billion dollars to myself to disarm a pandemic, then move on to health and education for some girls

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

King Arthur Flour's blog (they have great recipes btw) has instructions for keeping a starter going that's only a tablespoon, so very little ongoing waste.

this is legit you can feed an established starter with almost nothing

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BeefThief posted:

depends on your age: the younger you are the more adrenachrome they can harvest

cumshitter is gonna be infinitely rich

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/albertemartinez/status/1247862339426308096

president xi... my country, the united states of america, yearns for freedom

my wife did a girls night video call with her high school friends and her friend who was a nurse (but pivoted to selling mlm poo poo) literally said "sometimes I get really worried but other times I just think it's China manipulating us"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Chard posted:

if i get the 600 extra trumpbux per week i will literally be making more on unemployment in CA than i did working 40 hours per week

Same lol.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chard posted:

I have a doctorate in clarinet, and, same

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BattleMaster posted:

u cant spell army 3d printer without the PR

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BeefThief posted:

donating a billion dollars to myself to disarm a pandemic, then move on to health and education for some girls

also, equity

so i assume twitter or square stock???

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

As an EMT, if I were somehow laid off the 600 bernie bux would not only be a 25% pay increase, but I'd also be safe at home with all of my fun and exciting comorbidities.

Instead I'm going to die broke and get tossed in a mass grave. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chard posted:

a ruger mini14 is right around 600 bucks just sayin