Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m gonna make fish soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Making some shrimp and grits tomorrow 😈

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

i made corn dogs in the microwave lmao

sup

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ain't no corndog when she's gone

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

watching columbia noir stuff on critter channel. nothin worse than a dame lol

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

That looks goddamn delicious.
Thank you. I'm new to bread making.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I made the fish soup. It’s good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of shrimp. This was my cat after I got the shrimp out to make shrimp fried rice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhyTYsjPYhU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Did io get shrimp? :suspense:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The dynamite thread talked about jackbox last night and now I kinda want someone to do a psp jackbox night

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For God's sake give Io some shrimp :negative:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Aw, I missed the Saints Row chat earlier.

SR: The Third is a fun game and has some great moments, but tone-wise it always felt like the Saints Row equivalent of WWE seeing something getting over organically and proceeding to script it into the ground. SR2 often got completely ridiculous, yes, but it rarely if ever called attention to it or winked at the audience as if to say "this sure is crazy and ridiculous, isn't it?" Instead, it presented itself as a pretty straightforward open world crime game, and even the more outlandish side content like the sewage truck missions were treated like they were the most normal thing in the world. Most of the craziness was initiated by the player, and the game rolled with it while pretending to still be a relatively serious story about psychotic criminals and never acknowledging anyone was in on the joke. It was like an Airplane! or The Naked Gun version of GTA, or at least that's how I've always viewed it.

Then The Third came out and went ":imunfunny: LOL PURPLE DILDOS AND LUCHADORES AND FURRY MASCOTS AND ZOMBIES XD" while constantly nudging you in the ribs to point out how wacky the whole world now was. Oh, you liked the crazy nonsense you could get up to in SR2? Well, here's an entire game like that! Remember when your character would randomly sing along to 80s songs in the car? You liked that, so here's this scripted singalong sequence (two of them in SRIV) to a 90s song! THEY'RE SUBLIMING, I LOVE IT MAGGLE! The Third is the better game in many ways, but I never thought it was nearly as funny as it was pretending to be.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 9, 2020

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Doc M posted:

Aw, I missed the Saints Row chat earlier.

SR: The Third is a fun game and has some great moments, but tone-wise it always felt like the Saints Row equivalent of WWE seeing something getting over organically and proceeding to script it into the ground. SR2 often got completely ridiculous, yes, but it rarely if ever called attention to it or winked at the audience as if to say "this sure is crazy and ridiculous, isn't it?" Instead, it presented itself as a pretty straightforward open world crime game, and even the more outlandish side content like the sewage truck missions were treated like they were the most normal thing in the world. Most of the craziness was initiated by the player, and the game rolled with it while pretending to still be a relatively serious story about psychotic criminals and never acknowledging anyone was in on the joke. It was like an Airplane! or The Naked Gun version of GTA, or at least that's how I've always viewed it.

Then The Third came out and went ":imunfunny: LOL PURPLE DILDOS AND LUCHADORES AND FURRY MASCOTS AND ZOMBIES XD" while constantly nudging you in the ribs to point out how wacky the whole world now was. Oh, you liked the crazy nonsense you could get up to in SR2? Well, here's an entire game like that! Remember when your character would randomly sing along to 80s songs in the car? You liked that, so here's this scripted singalong sequence (two of them in SRIV) to a 90s song! THEY'RE SUBLIMING, I LOVE IT MAGGLE! The Third is the better game in many ways, but I never thought it was nearly as funny as it was pretending to be.

I tried 2 but just couldn't get into it, so maybe I have an advantage going into The Third cold. It's stupid and silly, but it's also exactly what I expected from all I'd seen of the third and fourth games. So more Scary Movie than Airplaine!

And I have to admit, the mission where you parachute into the apartment while "Power" by Kanye West plays is loving gold.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Some real cringe from my life was earnestly making my character the Joker in Saints Row 2 but with a Katana and role playing it by myself talking for the character etc in my room alone.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My guy in SR2 was Hulk Hogan
My guy in SR3 was Big Boss
My guy in SR4 was Marge Simpson

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Chihayafuru fuckin rules y’all

They did a good job of explaining what the hell is going on in karuta which I had absolutely zero idea about before. Also, turns out it’s not at all exaggerated and totally how real karuta is played. poo poo gets intense.

drat you anime, getting me interested in obscure Japanese culture. First rakugo, now this?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

"The World Spins" by Julee Cruise is such an amazing song, and the scene it's in is maybe the best part of Twin Peaks. God, that episode is fantastic.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Looking at this cat.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

They did a good job of explaining what the hell is going on in karuta which I had absolutely zero idea about before. Also, turns out it’s not at all exaggerated and totally how real karuta is played. poo poo gets intense.

drat you anime, getting me interested in obscure Japanese culture. First rakugo, now this?

Watch Akagi.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

Watch Akagi.

Giving it a try after the first season of Chihayafuru is on the docket my dude

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

TTBF posted:

Watch Akagi.

Seconding this, one of my favorites.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

My guy in SR2 was Hulk Hogan
My guy in SR3 was Big Boss
My guy in SR4 was Marge Simpson

For some reason the character I've always made in SR games is some variation on Awesome Kong.

Actually SR4 was Aja Kong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I liked SR2 the best but that's only because I got to do online crimes with a friend and it was AWESOME. We robbed a liquor store, stole a plane and killed cops. Best Day Ever.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

extradite THIS! posted:

I remember someone posting an actual Queen's match in the ADTRW thread a long time ago, and I was surprised to see that the anime showed the players moving slower than in real life.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

extradite THIS! posted:

Try Hikaru no Go!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

The dynamite thread talked about jackbox last night and now I kinda want someone to do a psp jackbox night

That'd probably be a lot of fun

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I only played SR 3. My character was Goku.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think my last SR3 playthrough I just changed my character whenever I felt like. I wish for a future when I could do that IRL.

Thinking about Saints Row makes me want to bust out Prototype again.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Junpei Hyde posted:

Want!

I can host on my old Twitch.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Was thinking the best way to do it would be through a discord or something, cause you can do a screenshare on there and iirc that has less latency than twitch generally does.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea discord screen share is about as instant as you can get

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I made a huge batch of shrimp and grits for the whole family, came out amazing.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I have misplaced my last remaining fork somewhere in my very small flat. Why am I like this?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gonna have to spoon this curry. It is not optimal

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hello everyone. if you have access to the critter channel, or illegal movie torents, i highly recommnd a movie i just watched today called: "My Name Is Julia Ross". It's 65 minutes long. Thaknk you for your time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ive got a take for everyone: sparkling water sucks. Disgusting.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

I like it :colbert:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

It’s the worst poo poo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Sparkling water can be ok if you know in advance you're drinking it, I ordered water at a McDonalds in Germany when I was like 8 and was surprised when I took a sip of what they gave me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love water, I wish there was a craze right now of fancy flavored non-carbonated water but that's
literally not a thing.

There's no better beverage in this world than a tall glass of ice water.