Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

depends where you live, really.

poo goldberg machine

a notoriously violent major metropolitan city where the guns and ammo were sold out before toilet paper. how do I rule it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Wangsbig posted:

what's the go to gun for the dark times?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1247603974452260865

All my neighbours are just out of frame, clapping

And I don't think Boris needs any help getting clap.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

That was a sweet glitch that I took advantage of a lot

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao this is all about the next election but here in KS all of our outbreaks have come from either retirement homes or churches

rural kansas has whole counties without hospitals so lmao better hope meth gives you some protection from corona

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
ER goon update: I’m happy to say my “if you want a test, you get a test” policy seems to be paying dividends. We had a bad day Monday but since then the overall trend is showing a decline in positive tests. Turns out if you burn through your stock of covid test kits regularly they start sending you more and more. Any way, keeping up the good fight.

That dude that was trying to “tour the ER” made another attempt yesterday posing as a safety inspector of some sort but the security people all have his picture and he ran off once it was obvious he wasn’t getting in. Local police are looking into it.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

god, i don't ask for much, but please keep my family safe and end bojos wretched life, amen

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Ebola Roulette posted:

I had to reschedule my kid's doctor appointment since it can't be done via telemedicine. When questioned the office said:

"Well we're not seeing any sick kids at this time!" :downs:

Ugh

they mean because the disease carrying monsters aren't going to school and infecting each other with all manner of afflictions.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1248105047956656128?s=19

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1248242888879849472?s=19

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

maybe if bill oreilly had practiced social distancing he would still have a job

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
can’t wait for the Beatles fandom to finally die out

also art laffer big lmao

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

bill o'rielly] something something bootstraps something darwinism

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the chuds have stopped hooting and hollering about Obama's response to H1N1. Wonder why. h mm.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

flatten the laffer curve

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Called in sick from work, but the wife (who is working from home) said no day drinking.

Should have exposed myself further

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: I’m happy to say my “if you want a test, you get a test” policy seems to be paying dividends. We had a bad day Monday but since then the overall trend is showing a decline in positive tests. Turns out if you burn through your stock of covid test kits regularly they start sending you more and more. Any way, keeping up the good fight.

That dude that was trying to “tour the ER” made another attempt yesterday posing as a safety inspector of some sort but the security people all have his picture and he ran off once it was obvious he wasn’t getting in. Local police are looking into it.

I wonder if the dude brought a hard hat that said safety inspector on it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The replies to this are amazing in a “this is going to be so much worse than it should be” kind of way

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/happy_catholic/status/1248219104244379649

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I should have bought a quarantine robe

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

what’s going on that all the news is suddenly positive and all the predictions for death count are dropping? is social distancing actually having that strong of an effect?

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

dantheman650 posted:

what’s going on that all the news is suddenly positive and all the predictions for death count are dropping? is social distancing actually having that strong of an effect?

Bargaining phase of grief.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

dantheman650 posted:

i brought this up last night and it turned into a 15 page derail with someone arguing this was the ideal conditions for true capital so idk. testing is flat (which is down in a situation like this), some areas are maybe turning the corner but some others are still not at the peak yet, so we might be seeing sort of an "eye" of the outbreak.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Another 6.6 million unemployment claims

:trumppop:

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

dantheman650 posted:

Temper that optimism with the fact that it looks like survivors shed virus for weeks after infection and possibly experience cyclical shedding events. I am working on a case report of a guy who is still shedding virus 20 days and counting after symptoms resolved.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

dantheman650 posted:

unbridled enthusiasm

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the chuds have stopped hooting and hollering about Obama's response to H1N1. Wonder why. h mm.

:iiam:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1248227080640188417?s=19

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

they should really amend that to say no known pre-existing conditions

thats going to be a problem in america more than other parts of the world because people are afraid to confirm something is wrong with them in the first place

particularly something relatively easy to ignore like high blood pressure

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/CjvHenderson/status/1248175832738287616?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

can't wait for the MBS banner

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

NofrikinfuN posted:

thats going to be a problem in america more than other parts of the world because people are afraid to confirm something is wrong with them in the first place

particularly something relatively easy to ignore like high blood pressure

ya i was the pinnacle of health, my doctor told me to stop coming for yearly physicals since i dont need them every year... then pow at 33 i have randomly high blood pressure (probably from stress, i eat well and exercise etc) out of nowhere.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dystopian London
*normal every day pre-pandemic picture*

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

NofrikinfuN posted:

It's actually cause they don't have health insurance or can't afford the deductible/premium and/or have no time to make it to the doctor

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

half life 2 reboot looking...british

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Giant Trump banners saying "What do you have to lose?"

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

err posted:

anyone got a source for this?

so my previous contract dealt with some interesting individuals and I might have heard the nasdaq ceo say this so yeah. She was saying the unemployment would bring it about iirc

e: this was second hand through a transcript tho

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 15:32 on Apr 9, 2020

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1248237357997985799

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's actually cause they don't have health insurance or can't afford the deductible/premium and/or have no time to make it to the doctor

oh, i agree, i just stated it poorly

my fears for my health start from financial impact, actual mortality is the thing that i won't consider until i think i am dying

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

morons in the comments "she tested negative!". Science literacy is so loving bad they're not even aware of false negatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Nodelphi posted:

Temper that optimism with the fact that it looks like survivors shed virus for weeks after infection and possibly experience cyclical shedding events. I am working on a case report of a guy who is still shedding virus 20 days and counting after symptoms resolved.

herd immunity it is then :regd20: