Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
I dont think theyve taken Kuenssberg off suicide watch just yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
And I thought I might have gone too far.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Granted, I just suspect theres an inflection point where you get to a level of hyper-specialized higher education where you horseshoe back around to the first thought that flits across my synapses must be correct because Im extremely smart and anyone who disagrees with me is dumb and wrong, also known as why doing IT for lawyers, doctors, and tenured professors is hell on earth

No, if you think 5G spreads covid u just fukken dumb lol

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
BBC news took pains to state no update on Bojo this morning, which is ominous if you read between the lines

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary 2020 posted:

I dont think theyve taken Kuenssberg off suicide watch just yet

she absolutely will as she probably forgot to secure getting a letter of recommendation from the imbecile before he croaked.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Nonsense posted:

You have my deepest condolences that Boris is recovering.

there is some reporting that people who recovered fell ill again..........

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
prime minister status: superhumanly alive and breathing hard enough for multiple other people

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nice cumshot earlier on the page. also,

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsPolitics/status/1248204915412996098

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is reaching north korean standards

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

On this season of Yes, Prime Minister:

"Prime Minister, fart once for yes, poo poo twice for no."

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It's fine everyone, he is just spending his fourth day in intensive care cos his tummy is feeling a bit funny.

You want a picture of him or are confused why he hasn't released some kind of video if he is feeling so great? Why would you want that? Just believe what I am saying, he is at that window up there right now smiling and waving!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

He was neither of those things before getting the roni, what the hell is their game here?

E: stoked that aside from a handful of bootlickers, the responses are almost entirely people dunking on Boris or taking issue with the idea that an allegedly non-critical patient is still bogarting an ICU placement and a lifeglug.

Zulily Zoetrope has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Apr 9, 2020

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
definite crumbling dictatorship vibes coming from their damage control PR

e.g. "he insists he is still in control of the country" is a phrase I'd usually expect to be preceded by something like "despite another night of protests and sporadic gunfire in the capital"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tories.png

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

So, like, do people think that respiratory problems make you stupid or something?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

So, like, do people think that respiratory problems make you stupid or something?

Painkillers could make you loopy.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dolash posted:

I just graduated with my own PhD in December, and during my degree I had such a nervous breakdown that I became convinced the eclipse of 2017 had blinded me and it gave me permanent neurological photophobia despite having eyes in pristine structural health.

A doctorate will literally warp your brain.

I finished my PhD just over a year ago and it destroyed my mental health.

I'm better than I was but there was a before-PhD me and an after-PhD me, and I think what went crack-ping probably isn't ever gonna be properly fixed

I am being deadly serious when I say that if you, person who is reading this post right now, are dumb or naive enough to think that it might be worth doing a doctorate

Don't.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

prefect posted:

Painkillers could make you loopy.

True enough, that's why they rule

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Well yeah that's what hypoxia does

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

your brain needs oxygen, when it doesn't get enough it doesn't work as well

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Barry Foster posted:

I'm better than I was but there was a before-PhD me and an after-PhD me, and I think what went crack-ping probably isn't ever gonna be properly fixed

I am being deadly serious when I say that if you, person who is reading this post right now, are dumb or naive enough to think that it might be worth doing a doctorate

Don't.

I always "joke" that a PhD is a great way to find out what mental disorders you're genetically predisposed to have if exposed to a sufficiently stressful environment.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

sat on my keys! posted:

I always "joke" that a PhD is a great way to find out what mental disorders you're genetically predisposed to have if exposed to a sufficiently stressful environment.

that's a pithier way of putting it than what I said so I'm stealing it cheers

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

lack of oxygen causes brain damage

granted, it will be difficult to tell...

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Boris will survive his hospital stay, decide it's just the flu, guv and go drop all the distancing orders and push for her immunity again

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Johnson is out of ICU so it sounds like he's actually recovering

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

He can start shaking hands again now that he's immune.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Barry Foster posted:

that's a pithier way of putting it than what I said so I'm stealing it cheers

cheers, at least my parents still write cards to me as "ms."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

multijoe posted:

:dawkins101:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

multijoe posted:

there have been some cases where people start making a recovery and then get wrecked in like the span of an hour or two and die

what im saying is don't give up hope just yet

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gringostar posted:

there have been some cases where people start making a recovery and then get wrecked in like the span of an hour or two and die

what im saying is don't give up hope just yet

Think he already had that happen, though. It's how he ended up in the ICU in the first place.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
plasmapheresis works so he might literally have consumed the blood of virgins to survive

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Malcolm XML posted:

plasmapheresis works so he might literally have consumed the blood of virgins to survive

someone check on Harry Cole :ohdear:

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Was disturbed from my posting stupor by someone performatively clapping out their window across the street. Considered turning out the lights and pretending I wasn't home but then remembered right now that's a crime.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the clapping will continue, in lieu of adequate funding

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

Don't.

Honest question, why is doctorate so stressful?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

sat on my keys! posted:

haha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

based on the thread title im guessing boris is having a jolly old time in the hospital

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Barry Foster posted:

Don't.

I was planning to do a PhD before I got a desk in a PhD student office for my final year of undergrad. Eye-opening to hear each of them describe the different stages of their individual mental-breakdowns.

I've never found so much stashed away alcohol in an office, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

At least all of that work translates to improved career opportunities! Right? Right??