Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Well that's disappointing, more and more I can see why people lose faith in voting when nobody represents your views.

I hope at least Kier says enough sexist and racist things to get elected by the general public and maybe he'll be a little bit less poo poo than Boris but I'm not hopeful.

Either way just delaying the inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
people's hero boris has beaten coronavirus just like he beat Brexit, nothing can keep this beautiful patriot down

(or dampen his apparently permanent feeling of 'great spirits')

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Apraxin posted:

people's hero boris has beaten coronavirus just like he beat Brexit, nothing can keep this beautiful patriot down

Of course he’s in extremely good spirits, it’s either that or be an extremely good spirit.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Apraxin posted:

This is the worst news I've heard all week.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
He is receiving extremely good spirits, via IV

Rupert of Hentzau
Nov 23, 2005
Victim of gross furniture discourtesy.
Genuinely devastated by this news.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
feel like pure poo poo just want him back in intensive care x

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

for gently caress sake it's not like it would materially improve the world by any significant amount it'd just be funny and thoroughly deserved if he died but this world can't give us even so tiny and measly a piece of good things happening :negative:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
They've pickled him in some craft spirit. When it's all over and they can announce his death he'll go on display somewhere.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
devastated at this news

XMNN fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 9, 2020

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
He still could deteriorate.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Went to the woods today and found some wild garlic!

It tastes halfway between chive and garlic, we made some crispy pork belly and cooked it up with that and it was proper yum.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Azza Bamboo posted:

show us yer city, then

It really sums the whole corona situation up nicely. It is all poop

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hear one person with a saucepan, clearly the rest of my street heard the bad news and is no longer thankful for the NHS.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
One solitary saddo hitting a saucepan with a teaspoon outside lol

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I'm glad the virus has its own poppy now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

there's kids going crazy with some kitchen utensils outside which is cute but all the dumb clapping and cheering is dumb. what's this for again?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Bardeh posted:

It tastes halfway between chive and garlic, we made some crispy pork belly and cooked it up with that and it was proper yum.

How do you get your pork belly so crispy, mine always either comes out burned or without delicious crackling?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The clap on my mum's estate consisted of: three minutes of random beating of kitchen utensils, followed by a solitary firework, followed by a loud broadcast of 'The Last Post' followed by a broadcast of 'We'll Meet Again'. This is totally beyond parody

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do you salt it?

You want to score it and then put salt in it, you need the fat to come out to crisp it but also the salt helps dessicate it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Took part in the mass gang banging on my street.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Bardeh posted:

You can also make a great pesto with wild garlic

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

How do you get your pork belly so crispy, mine always either comes out burned or without delicious crackling?

Slice it into 1 inch thick strips, boil it for ten minutes in water with a tablespoon each of white vinegar and salt, pat dry with some paper towel, deep fry for 5 mins on each side, take it out for a few minutes, fry again for 1.5 mins each side. Then let it cool before you eat it. Bit of a faff, but absolutely worth it.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I heard someone giving nurse the clap

Told em to get the gently caress out of my alleyway before I set the hose on em

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
We just had a full length performance of "you'll never walk alone" from a neighbour. And sparklers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I completely forgot, but that explains the noises I heard earlier which sounded like a seal clapping and I thought was the ducks commandeering the garden pond again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bardeh posted:

Slice it into 1 inch thick strips, boil it for ten minutes in water with a tablespoon each of white vinegar and salt, pat dry with some paper towel, deep fry for 5 mins on each side, take it out for a few minutes, fry again for 1.5 mins each side. Then let it cool before you eat it. Bit of a faff, but absolutely worth it.

Deep frying is cheating but yes I imagine it does work :v:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

You can also make a great pesto with wild garlic

We've got a shitload of it left, so I'll definitely try that tomorrow.

E:^^^^ yeah, if I was roasting it I'd score and salt the skin for crackling, deep frying is a bit cheating but holy god is it good

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 9, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Can't stop myself looking around to see who is and isn't clapping. My inner Tory is getting a bit too close to the surface.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bardeh posted:

how exactly do I deep fry something on only one side?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume that's deep fry it and then shallow fry it.

Or get very good with a slotted spoon/remember to flip it if it floats.

I really have to say though that boiling fat in other fat so you can eat it has to be bourgeois somehow.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 9, 2020

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I feel weird as gently caress about the clapping but it seems to cheer people up so I participate

At least our road is *also* donating food and material and sewing scrubs so it's not just performative

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I ran out of oil and didn't quite have enough to cover all the pork

So I just turned it halfway through. If you are oil rich then I guess you wouldn't need to turn the pork belly

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Why the gently caress are you all thinking about clapping instead of drinking, playing video games, and posting

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

In terms of getting the fat to behave, the crucial bits are patting it dry before it gets going and keeping it well basted while it's cooking.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah if you don't keep the fat covering it then the skin just goes rock hard and doesn't bubble and you break your teeth on it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Maugrim posted:

I feel weird as gently caress about the clapping but it seems to cheer people up so I participate

At least our road is *also* donating food and material and sewing scrubs so it's not just performative

It's notable to me the people out clapping on my street are also generally the ones who are good people (even if there's a few Tories in there). I know people are sneering about it but it's genuinely a bit of a morale boost.

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Bardeh posted:

We've got a shitload of it left, so I'll definitely try that tomorrow.

You can also chop it up real fine, mix it with olive oil and freeze it. I press it flat in freezer bags like that and then just break chunks off as I want to use it. Goes great in a potato salad or with new potatoes too.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Has anyone been reported to the police yet for not clapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Just heard a neighbour clapping for the first time. I'm hoping it was for the NHS and not Boris.

Also just finished re-reading Going Postal. Nothing like massive corporate scams to make you think of our government.

quote:

"The first domino had been steadied. The pillars of the world ceased to tremble. The Credit Bank would open in the morning, and when it did the so bills would be honoured, wages would be paid, the city would be fed.

They'd saved the city with gold more easily, at that point, than any hero could have managed with steel. But, in truth, it had not exactly been gold, or even the promise of gold, but more like the fantasy of gold, the fairy dream that the gold is there, at the end of the rainbow, and will continue to be there forever - provided, naturally, that you don't go and look.

This is known as finance.”

quote:

“What a place! What a situation! What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”