Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

smiling fondly as I recall r0 guyovich mocking feigl-ding for R0 5.47

happier days

the unmasking of r. guy0 was a much more innocent time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tei posted:

Despite many advantages Japan had. The politics and society of "lets ignore the problem, hide it, maybe go away" is not working. Changing plans is required or mass death.

Most countries seems near the tip of the curve. I wonder how real is that, and how is a global lack of materials for testing.

i wonder if japan wants it to spread to help solve their "demographic problem"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Welp

Lost an old friend and mentor to this poo poo yesterday.

Take care of yourselves everyone and stay safe.

I'm sorry bud :(

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Dick Proenneke had regular bean deliveries by bush plane. He wouldn't have been able to survive just living off the land.

e: not at Twin Lakes, anyway

ryanrs has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Apr 9, 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

"temporary" graves are the dumbest thing ever

just incinerate them, stockpile them somewhere, or permanently bury them

why "temporarily" bury the bodies

papaw deserves to rest in the beautiful cemetary he always dreamed of, right next to great-aunt agnes

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bilirubin posted:

Welp

Sorry to hear that, take care and know that you can always shout into the void here if you need to :(

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Goddammit, this is America! You can't restrain me! Even the slightest inconvenience is personally assaulting my freedoms! Live free or dieeeeeee~

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

*think smart guy* can't have a pension and social crisis if all the old people die and send their assets to the young

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Kinda looking forward to my new homeless adventures.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

dont know where

dont know when

This was what I immediately thought

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THAT COLD EARTH

FREE YOURSELVES FROM YOUR FLESH PRISONS

EMBRACE THE PURIFYING FLAME

This is just my life motto

Bilirubin posted:

Welp

:love: liver fella

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
roni update from me: chest still hurts a little, deep breaths tingle my sternum, temp is 97.8 though and I've coughed once

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

twoday posted:

in the book already

No ring

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Spergin Morlock posted:

No idea about Japan politics. Other than Abe is in power and he is not a nazi. Unlikelly?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Just ended a ten day stretch working in a grocery store, all 9 hour days. My body is ruined, I spent much of it controlling the line up to get in. I now sound like Doris Grau.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

*think smart guy* can't have a pension and social crisis if all the old people die and send their assets to the young

yea i know. it's bonkers to believe that a democracy would ever decide to do something like that to its citizens

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

the scale of the y axis seems do be doing the heavy lifting in curving the US numbers

twoday
May 4, 2005

Virtual Russian posted:

Just ended a ten day stretch working in a grocery store, all 9 hour days. My body is ruined, I spent much of it controlling the line up to get in. I now sound like Doris Grau.

thank you for your service in the toilet paper war

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Thanks all.

This comes a week after another friend died of cancer so, yeah, not a stellar time.

gently caress cancer, gently caress covid.

gently caress tarmp

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Chili done. gently caress you beans haters.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lawman 0 posted:

*think smart guy* can't have a pension and social crisis if all the old people die and send their assets to the hospital or nursing home they died at

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

smiling fondly as I recall r0 guyovich mocking feigl-ding for R0 5.47

happier days

r0 and LK coming into the thread to declare the plague a dud right after it became clear to thread regulars that poo poo was about to get out of control are some of my favorite memories of those exciting early days

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

pathetic little tramp posted:

roni update from me: chest still hurts a little, deep breaths tingle my sternum, temp is 97.8 though and I've coughed once

sternum stuff here too, i think its my solar plexus actually. watch for tingling and numbness in face and extremeties, that's next even w/no breathing probs and good sats

its eating at my nerves i think

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

Thanks all.

This comes a week after another friend died of cancer so, yeah, not a stellar time.

gently caress cancer, gently caress covid.

gently caress tarmp

jesus I'm so sorry :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zotix posted:

Chili done. gently caress you beans haters.

bro you made stew, not chili! you hosed up!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

Over Easy posted:

the scale of the y axis seems do be doing the heavy lifting in curving the US numbers

it's also making sure that "other countries" look "almost as bad" as America, instead of showing that America is like sky loving high and everywhere else has it somewhat-to-mostly contained (or isn't detecting cases, but whatever)

propaganda straight out of FT

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Over Easy posted:

there should be star on the Japan graph when they cancelled the olympics so you can see when they went "whew, ok, we can actually report this poo poo now"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
personal roni update. breathing normal. temperature normal. no cough. I'm probably not going to die. it loving sucks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

college cops can issue arreest warrants? wtf?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

What do I need to do to get them to issue a warrant for me because I really want to tell some Bible cop to gently caress off

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
That USA line gets artificially compressed at high values because you can't test enough people, a thing that they should probably add as a line in there. Like, you literally cannot get more than 100k new cases a day, it is impossible, because we can't test more than that.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Agrajag posted:

college cops can issue arreest warrants? wtf?

No they cant

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

personal roni update. breathing normal. temperature normal. no cough. I'm probably not going to die. it loving sucks.

just go stand in an ER waiting room and take big gulps of breath

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Over Easy posted:

That's totally normal because pandemics spread exponentially and having a linear y-axis would be unintelligible.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Of course lol

(Tbf, he's doing a better job than most)

twoday
May 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's also making sure that "other countries" look "almost as bad" as America, instead of showing that America is like sky loving high and everywhere else has it somewhat-to-mostly contained (or isn't detecting cases, but whatever)

propaganda straight out of FT

it's also totally bs because it is total number of cases and doesn't take into account the size of the country

https://twitter.com/MichaelkParsons/status/1248337640421761029?s=20

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
Was there a study that said that Covid was changing behavior of people and making them social? I find that very scary.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

eric ciaramella posted:

stay strong goon

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

I heard BCG kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

the unmasking of r. guy0 was a much more innocent time

i missed this saga, does anyone have cliffs notes ?