Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
dont you do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I don't think I'm going to summon for Android 13, but I will probably throw a multi when LR SSJ goku comes, but I think that's in part 2.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

a neat cape posted:

dont you do it

I'm gonna do it!

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

I am gonna do it too. But only like once or twice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
im gonna buy the ticket pack then see how i feel

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Not a big fan of Extreme Z Areas, i keep running into "I can't build a team out of the allowed units" :negative:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I have so many stones from these dumb events

what am i even saving for at this point

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Webbeh posted:

Super Saiyan Goku in a Cowboy Hat, who will be the category lead for "Headgear", along with LR Base Form 13, Piccolo, Dr. Gero, Great Saiyaman, and Baseball Yamcha.

I'm hoping the next free team is some sort of Earth Defense Force category. LR lead Master Roshi, with Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and the like.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

the_steve posted:

Super Saiyan Goku in a Cowboy Hat, who will be the category lead for "Headgear", along with LR Base Form 13, Piccolo, Dr. Gero, Great Saiyaman, and Baseball Yamcha.

I'm hoping the next free team is some sort of Earth Defense Force category. LR lead Master Roshi, with Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and the like.

Z Fighters!

Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Piccolo, and an LR "Z fighters" card where the ultra super attack is goku showing up at the last second to save their asses.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

the_steve posted:

I misread Great Saiyaman as Great Saibaman and how/why is that not a thing yet?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I misread Great Saiyaman as Great Saibaman and how/why is that not a thing yet?

That would be a pretty great April Fool's card.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Webbeh posted:

Vegito and Gogeta in July.

Maybe Beerus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

That would be a pretty great April Fool's card.

Legends got piccolo and goku driving cars and I've never been more jealous

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Hell yeah for a Z team.

Also want a Ginyu force style team of Saibamen, with a card that self destructs and ko any unit with the name "Yamucha". LR Nappa as leader.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Its mind boggling that they haven't done anything with the Z-Fighters in 5 years. There's literally only one human gacha SSR (TEQ Tien), how can you drop the ball so hard on these characters?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Wuxi posted:

Its mind boggling that they haven't done anything with the Z-Fighters in 5 years. There's literally only one human gacha SSR (TEQ Tien), how can you drop the ball so hard on these characters?

And then they give characters the Z-Fighter Link (like PHY Piccolo & STR Ultimate Gohan) and yet make every teams they fit on have no other characters with that link.

Also, I did a couple of summons on Android 13 like a fool, and only got PHY Trunks for my lost stones.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CidGregor posted:

Z Fighters!

Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Piccolo, and an LR "Z fighters" card where the ultra super attack is Yajirobe showing up at the last second to save their asses.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Huh, so there's now an Earthlings Category and a F2P LR Phy Krillin, who stacks atk and def on his 18ki super.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 9, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

snickothemule posted:

Huh, so there's now an Earthlings Category and a F2P LR Phy Krillin, who stacks atk and def on his 18ki super.

:eyepop:
Tell me more. I have wanted a good team that could actually use Krillin for ages.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

snickothemule posted:

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1247703508045844481?s=20

sassassin fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 9, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That's pretty fuckin' sick. I want this card and I want to 100% it.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

That is one rad super attack!

Earthlings can nearly be a complete team of LRs made from events, world tournaments, friend summons and clash. It's probably not that viable but kinda cool you don't have to technically spend stones to get them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Unfortunately the earthling category is.... not great. LR Krillin is good, the 50% TEQ Tien is good, LR Uub is good..... not much else

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

a neat cape posted:

Unfortunately the earthling category is.... not great. LR Krillin is good, the 50% TEQ Tien is good, LR Uub is good..... not much else

What other categories does Krillin slot into? And is he going to be on Global anytime soon?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

What other categories does Krillin slot into? And is he going to be on Global anytime soon?

He's also on Full Power. Why he isn't on Explosive Anger is beyond me.

As for when, who knows. I wouldnt bet on him dropping until after the 350m download celebration, so September at the earliest

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

a neat cape posted:

He's also on Full Power. Why he isn't on Explosive Anger is beyond me.

As for when, who knows. I wouldnt bet on him dropping until after the 350m download celebration, so September at the earliest

drat, I was hoping for Revenge, given the context of his Super Attacks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

drat, I was hoping for Revenge, given the context of his Super Attacks.

It's not the first time they've done something stupid with categories.

Cooler isnt on revenge.

None of the Majin Vegeta's are on Target Goku

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gogeta/Vegetto/Kefla aren't Pure Saiyan either. (this one's probably for balance purposes though)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gogeta/Vegetto/Kefla aren't Pure Saiyan either. (this one's probably for balance purposes though)

That was always a head scratcher for me as well.
Like you said, it's probably a balance thing, though I suppose they could asspull an excuse like "The fusions aren't natural born saiyans, so they don't count. Or the fusion technically makes them something besides Saiyan"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pure saiyan means you're 100% saiyan, fusing makes you 200% saiyan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

That was always a head scratcher for me as well.
Like you said, it's probably a balance thing, though I suppose they could asspull an excuse like "The fusions aren't natural born saiyans, so they don't count. Or the fusion technically makes them something besides Saiyan"

that would make sense if the card didn't start out as Goku and Vegeta.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

And I get what they mean by Earthlings, like as in humans, but technically shouldn’t Gohan and Trunks count as Earthlings too? I mean, they were born and are from and live on Earth after all!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

And I get what they mean by Earthlings, like as in humans, but technically shouldn’t Gohan and Trunks count as Earthlings too? I mean, they were born and are from and live on Earth after all!

As far as Z Fighters go, I'm pretty sure Vegeta, Goku and Piccolo are the only ones who AREN'T earthlings.

And hell, if you really wanted to reach, Kami and Piccolo could count. I mean, they didn't exist until the Nameless Namekian split himself in two so he could qualify as Earth's Guardian.
And Piccolo's egg was literally laid and hatched on Earth.

But like you said, it's probably supposed to be "Human" more than "From Earth"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Earthling would also include Cell and every Android made by Gero. They should've just called it Pure Humans. It'd let them toss in Videl/Satan and exclude the Androids, Kami, Piccolo, King Piccolo and his minions...etc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Give me a Garlic Jr, cowards

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm baffled at his under representation in every game. Lord Slug gets more love than him somehow.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I refuse to buy "balance concerns" as a reason when they've dropped categories like Kamehameha and Earthlings.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

Earthling would also include Cell and every Android made by Gero. They should've just called it Pure Humans. It'd let them toss in Videl/Satan and exclude the Androids, Kami, Piccolo, King Piccolo and his minions...etc.

You don't see an issue with calling them "pure" humans?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I refuse to buy "balance concerns" as a reason when they've dropped categories like Kamehameha and Earthlings.

balance in a PvE game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sassassin posted:

You don't see an issue with calling them "pure" humans?

As a category next to Pure Saiyans? Why not?

And even if it is somehow problematic and I'm just too tired and dense to pick up on it, then "Human" would work. That knocks out Cell and Piccolo and Kami and the Androids (since they're not longer technically human), and accomplish the intended category goal.